Teen accidentally shoots himself playing game

A teenage boy accidentally shot himself to death this week playing Russian Roulette, his family said. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SUNSHINE

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jan 11, 2008
Such a sad thing to happen!!!!

God be with all of you!!! Your family is in in my prayers!!!!
Junk

Denver, CO

#2 Jan 11, 2008
how can one play a game with a gun? if it was an accident, then it was no game
SUNSHINE

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 11, 2008
Junk wrote:
how can one play a game with a gun? if it was an accident, then it was no game
Kids do STUPID things....They are in some cases too young to make good judgments....They don't always realize what can happen......Kids play games all the time......
jesse

United States

#4 Jan 11, 2008
R.I.P homie
DjBrianB

Santa Fe, NM

#5 Jan 11, 2008
I am shocked by this. I am personal friends with the family. and this is a awful way to start out the new year. My blessing to The Pachecos, i know how badly we'll all miss him. Our nickname for him was "Half Pint".. He was one of the coolest teenager you'd ever meet. he'd have this way of making you belly laugh, whether it was one of his little wannabe raps or just him being silly. the pacheco house wont be the same. R.I.P. Anthony Pacheco.... everyones "Little Dude"
Tragic Loss

Durango, CO

#7 Jan 12, 2008
I will send my memorial contribution to legislate tougher gun safety laws instead of the burial fund. My heart and prayers go out to all of Anthony's friends and family. What a tragic thing to happen. Accident, game, doesn't matter what you call it, that gun should have been locked up.
responsible gun owner

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Jan 12, 2008
This doesn't seem like an accident to me. How can it be an accident when you purposefully pull the trigger?

While it is a very tragic loss to lose such a young person, he had some doubts about life if he was crazy enough to put a gun in his mouth and pull the trigger.
responsible gun owner

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jan 12, 2008
Tragic Loss wrote:
I will send my memorial contribution to legislate tougher gun safety laws instead of the burial fund. My heart and prayers go out to all of Anthony's friends and family. What a tragic thing to happen. Accident, game, doesn't matter what you call it, that gun should have been locked up.
Its not the laws fault that this kid committed suicide. It sounds like he had some pretty serious problems, and if it wasn't for the gun, he probably would have found another way to do the job.

This situation is all on the parents for not paying enough attention, or not properly teaching their children about firearm safety.

Remember, the gun did not accidentally go off. The gun did its job when the trigger was pulled.

But very sad nonetheless, i send my prayers to his family and friends

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#10 Jan 12, 2008
Tragic. Why was he able to get to the gun, why didn't it have a child safety lock? Why do kids thin Russian Roulette is an ok game to play? Very sad.
Civic Duty

Miami, FL

#12 Jan 12, 2008
responsible gun owner wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the laws fault that this kid committed suicide. It sounds like he had some pretty serious problems, and if it wasn't for the gun, he probably would have found another way to do the job.
This situation is all on the parents for not paying enough attention, or not properly teaching their children about firearm safety.
Remember, the gun did not accidentally go off. The gun did its job when the trigger was pulled.
Prayers and gun violence?

http://www.bradycampaign.org/
cheeky king of te brats

Henderson, NV

#14 Jan 12, 2008
<quoted text>
anthony wasn't a suicidal guy.....
go to the ********* nra if all you care bout is protecting guns.....
lil'anthony was the coolest guy i knew.......... i just hope his mom gets though this......
Anthony you will be missed
responsible gun owner

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Jan 12, 2008
cheeky king of te brats wrote:
<quoted text>
anthony wasn't a suicidal guy.....
go to the ********* nra if all you care bout is protecting guns.....
lil'anthony was the coolest guy i knew.......... i just hope his mom gets though this......
Anthony you will be missed
im sorry but if you stick a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger, you have some serious problems. Im not trying to protect guns. But this was not the guns fault. Im sure he was a great guy, just not very bright. And like i said before his family and friends are in my prayers
GCR

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Jan 12, 2008
Sad story, I think parents need to findout who there kids friends are. My Grandfather told me before he died never let your kids sleep over at someones house, I took his advice with my kids, now its my grand children. Not only are parents at fault,I see a lot of prejudism in San Juan County, and with a spanish last name he probley had pure presure. Accident or no accident guns should be kept out of childrens reach if you love your kids keep them were only the adult knows were there at, and under lock and key. This is tragic for all who knew Anthony, my prayers are with his family I never knew him to be suicidal, maybe crazy to play a stupid game like that, His friend is just the same to of allowed this game,It only tells you what do kids no.Kids should try getting close to God, and not allowing Saten to steal your souls.
Tragic Loss

Durango, CO

#19 Jan 13, 2008
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not suggesting it was the gun's fault. I'm stating that the gun should have been locked up. Children should not have access to guns.
stfu
#21 Jan 13, 2008
people like you.......... amaze me.........

why the #u<|< did you come here "joe", this aint the nra........ and i know you dont honestly think what you just stated is a possibility in our society.....

at least i hope you do..........

how do you know how educated these kids were....huh?

i know you nra people think guns are great n all....but they are not..........

i personally hate the idea of giving the criminal/cops free reign..........

but wtf has owning a gun done for most people.....

ill tell you, its caused tragedies like this

guns dont protect, they kill, thats what they were made to do....

there is no such thing as a safe killing machine

so instead of defending your guns.........say something nice about this boy.....or go to another story

----------
sheila

Colorado Springs, CO

#22 Jan 14, 2008
Sorry about your loss, I also lost a cousin playing that same game. So i kinda know what anger your feeling. God be with you and your family at this time.
RONBURGUNDY

El Paso, TX

#23 Jan 14, 2008
stfu wrote:
people like you.......... amaze me.........
why the #u<|< did you come here "joe", this aint the nra........ and i know you dont honestly think what you just stated is a possibility in our society.....
at least i hope you do..........
how do you know how educated these kids were....huh?
i know you nra people think guns are great n all....but they are not..........
i personally hate the idea of giving the criminal/cops free reign..........
but wtf has owning a gun done for most people.....
ill tell you, its caused tragedies like this
guns dont protect, they kill, thats what they were made to do....
there is no such thing as a safe killing machine
so instead of defending your guns.........say something nice about this boy.....or go to another story
----------
There is such a thing as a safe killing machine.
The key word is "machine". A human being is
supposed to have more intelligence than a machine.
Obviously you don't.
kristen

Aztec, NM

#24 Jan 14, 2008
my cousin is not the type of person that would take his own life if anyone knew him they would know that he always had a smile on his face and he was a happy boy. no matter how bad of a day you had when you see anthony you always had a smile on your face. whatever happen that night the truth will come out one way or other R.I.P ANTHONY ROBERT PACHECO (BUBBA) I LOVE & MISS YOU LOTS I WILL SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE

“Get over yourself...”

Since: Jan 08

You're not that important

#25 Jan 14, 2008
kristen wrote:
my cousin is not the type of person that would take his own life if anyone knew him they would know that he always had a smile on his face and he was a happy boy. no matter how bad of a day you had when you see anthony you always had a smile on your face. whatever happen that night the truth will come out one way or other R.I.P ANTHONY ROBERT PACHECO (BUBBA) I LOVE & MISS YOU LOTS I WILL SEE YOU WHEN I GET THERE
I am sorry people are assuming your cousin intentionally took his life. I think what all of us can learn from this is parental responsibility, gun ownership responsibility, and communication with our children.
Alfred Curley

Kayenta, AZ

#26 Jan 14, 2008
Im sorry about the lost,guns should all ways be locked up ,thank you for telling people about gun safty.Im a gun owner and had too put mine a way because of storys like this.once again im sorry about the young man who lost his life, may god be with .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stokesdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stokes county militia criminals Mar 15 Bigdaddy 2
Disgrace at Station 35 (Sep '14) Mar 14 Stokes Citizen 5
Could You Please Mike Nov '14 Smarty Pants 3
Walnut Cove Town Hall Asleep on Job (May '14) Oct '14 Apple butter 10
Stokes County Democrats: Be informed (Jul '13) Oct '14 Frigate Jones 25
Who is that big black police officer in Walnut ... (Jan '12) Sep '14 Resident 1 39
News Stokesdale church arsonist gets probation (Dec '13) Dec '13 Jayden 1
Stokesdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stokesdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]