Stockwell teen Floyd Loveless 1944..g...

Stockwell teen Floyd Loveless 1944..gas chamber

Posted in the Stockwell Forum

Joseph

United States

#1 Nov 2, 2011
In 1944 a teenage boy from Stockwell, Indiana was executed in the Nevada gas chamber. His name was Floyd Loveless. We believe his story can be very important in teaching disadvantaged teens to stay in school and escape a life of violence and incarceration. His story, as tragice as it is, can be very inspirational to teens .. in his last letter to his grandmother in Stockwell.. he wrote that if given a second chance he wanted to prove to others that he could still do good in this world. He wasn't given a second chance. He left Stockwell in 1942 and was arrested, tried and executed in Carson City, Nevada 1944. We are looking for newspaper articles in Stockwell press that covered the story, old photographs of Stockwell between 1926 and 1944. We found that the prison warden did send his body back to Stockwell after the 17 year old was executed. If any information, you can email me at [email protected] Many thanks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lafayette man charged after $60K missing from c... Jun 25 ExW 1
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Jun 21 Kelly4283 88
Thank you to lady at Kentucky Kingdom on Saturday Jun 20 Charlotte 1
looking for joshua elijah solano Jun 13 Lynne 2
dragonbane tattoo (May '12) Jun 5 sarah99 5
guys in lafayette NOT to date (Oct '14) Jun 5 sarah99 10
Campus Inn May '16 traveler 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stockwell Mortgages