teen sentenced for fatal crash

A Montgomery County teenager will avoid going to prison for causing a crash that killed three people and an unborn child. Full Story
Rob

Middleton, WI

#1 Dec 17, 2008
Hi Sue.. the judge also said the toxicology report showed the metabolites in his system from previous use did not impair his driving that day.. also he was given a drug test in court that came back negative, per Ms Goodrich's request... Ms Farris's testimony was a joke.. Did she happen to mention totaling her car recently and why that happened?? Interesting.. Anyway, thanks for the report and hopefully Tyler will be able to reach other teens about the importance of extreme caution when behind the wheel.
sue

Crawfordsville, IN

#2 Dec 17, 2008
this was an accident , thats all it was. this boy will have to live with this the rest of his life, that punishment enough
Rob

Middleton, WI

#3 Dec 17, 2008
sue wrote:
this was an accident , thats all it was. this boy will have to live with this the rest of his life, that punishment enough
You are correct and that is why the victims families requested that he get no prison time.. Bless them for being compassionate.
Andy

Walkerton, IN

#4 Dec 17, 2008
The kid should be in jail, this is why our judicial system is a joke. Hey look kids, it's okay to smoke weed and drive around recklessly, all you'll get is some work release!(yes I am aware that he was not under the influence at the time) He killed 3 people! Then the families just say that's okay because it must have been what God wanted. It's absolutely ridiculous.
wow

Indianapolis, IN

#5 Dec 18, 2008
there is no justice in america our systems are ran by money hungry under the table lawyers I have lost my complete faith in Local goverments even national.
Gloria

Mishawaka, IN

#6 Dec 18, 2008
Why is it always Gods will that the passenger in a vehicle die? Or the drunk driver lives and the people they hit die? It's bull. This is legal,at least, manslaughter. Someone on the Today's Show once said..."If you want to kill someone, do it with a car." Our daughter was at a party where a young man had killed a hitch-hiker a couple years before. He didn't do any prison time either. He made light of it and laughed how far up this person flew in the air. They don't carry with them the rest of their lives..they're just glad they aren't the one that got killed. Kids see so much killing on tv and the movies that they are immune.
UncleB

Lemont, IL

#7 Dec 18, 2008
It was an unfortunate accident. Tyler didn't "get off" with just a slap on the wrist. He pleaded guilty to charges related to the accident which tells me he has taken on the responsibility of what happened. I bet there is a reason that the VICTIMS families all stood behind him throughout! Try finding the good in situations instead of being continuously negative.
Rob

Camby, IN

#8 Dec 18, 2008
UncleB wrote:
It was an unfortunate accident. Tyler didn't "get off" with just a slap on the wrist. He pleaded guilty to charges related to the accident which tells me he has taken on the responsibility of what happened. I bet there is a reason that the VICTIMS families all stood behind him throughout! Try finding the good in situations instead of being continuously negative.
Right ON!!
Mandy

Clarks Hill, IN

#9 Dec 18, 2008
Tyler is a good kid that made a mistake. Unfortunitly a mistake that took several lives. He is dealing himself with the looses and is very sorry for what happened. The judge did not throw the book at Tyler but dealt with the sentence in a way others will learn. He is going to speak with students about the accident on several different panels. The families are thinking outside of the square and trying to better Tyler while asking for mercy upon him. I belive everyone has some issues in the past and whether we were "lucky" and got by with things or had accidents that dug them up is out of our control. In every negative situation you can find positive but you have to think outside of the square.
Teresa Sutton

Lemont, IL

#10 Dec 18, 2008
Rob wrote:
Hi Sue.. the judge also said the toxicology report showed the metabolites in his system from previous use did not impair his driving that day.. also he was given a drug test in court that came back negative, per Ms Goodrich's request... Ms Farris's testimony was a joke.. Did she happen to mention totaling her car recently and why that happened?? Interesting.. Anyway, thanks for the report and hopefully Tyler will be able to reach other teens about the importance of extreme caution when behind the wheel.
Thank you Rob for your post. I agree, Ms. Farris was there for personal gain...to get in the news and on tv. she succeded and the judge agreed her testimony was worthless. Never heard of this girl before yesterday. As far as the drug testing, no one mentioned that this was at least his third time to be tested since this began.(besides the night at the hospital) He passed them all. To Sue Scott thank you for answering our questions yesterday and for your fair reporting.
prefers to remain unknown

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 18, 2008
Rob wrote:
Just for your information I know Ms. Farris very well and her intent in court yesterday was to ONLY be there for Megan's family to support them because she was best friends with megan at the time of the accident. When she was asked by the PROSECUTOR to take the stand Ms. Farris THOUGHT that she was going to be able talk about how the loss of Megan had effected her and her friends. When she got on the stand the prosecutor started nailing her with questions that she was NOT prepared to answer and did not want to answer. She was under oath and had no other choice but to tell the ugly truth. 5 minutes prior her testimony she was asked to take the bench by the prosecutor.
Marsha from Colfax

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Dec 18, 2008
I can only wish to one day be as brave as Megan and Jennah's parents. God must have worked a miracle in their lives in order for them to forgive such a horrific crime. Tyler will face his real time in another life.
Rob

Middleton, WI

#13 Dec 21, 2008
prefers to remain unknown wrote:
<quoted text>Just for your information I know Ms. Farris very well and her intent in court yesterday was to ONLY be there for Megan's family to support them because she was best friends with megan at the time of the accident. When she was asked by the PROSECUTOR to take the stand Ms. Farris THOUGHT that she was going to be able talk about how the loss of Megan had effected her and her friends. When she got on the stand the prosecutor started nailing her with questions that she was NOT prepared to answer and did not want to answer. She was under oath and had no other choice but to tell the ugly truth. 5 minutes prior her testimony she was asked to take the bench by the prosecutor.
I know exactly what happened because I was in the courtroom that day.. it's kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CPS, Judge Faith Graham, others Torturing Jamel... Dec 17 troy 5
Review: Vincent M Guido - Dentist Dec 17 Chiropractic Service 76
Shut down hotels/motels Nov '14 JCjc 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Oct '14 freetek 32
Robotic surgery improves hysterectomy (Jan '09) Oct '14 Jaimie 18
guys in lafayette NOT to date Oct '14 Sue 1
Cross Winds Apartments (Sep '13) Oct '14 jess 2
Stockwell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web