Police reports

There are 36 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Police reports. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Sex assault A person reported being approached by a 12-year-old girl Sunday who had been drinking and said she was a victim of sexual assault, according to Red Bluff Police Department logs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Andrea in Red Bluff

Chico, CA

#1 Aug 12, 2008
I am interested in hearing more infomation about the tunnels under Red Bluff. My friend and I have been down there, We are interested in the history of them. Please do a story on them.
Kathy Clark in Red Bluff

Dunnigan, CA

#2 Aug 12, 2008
Andrea in Red Bluff wrote:
I am interested in hearing more infomation about the tunnels under Red Bluff. My friend and I have been down there, We are interested in the history of them. Please do a story on them.
The Chinese people built them along time ago. They use to be under the businesses on Main St. I'm not sure though if they are still there. There is to be told also that there is a curse on the town of Red Bluff that when you move away from here you always some time or another end up moving back here. Maybe Daily News will have a story about it or maybe the Editor will write a story on it. It used to be a secret my grandfather told me. They didn't want people knowing about the tunnels here.
Anthony

United States

#3 Aug 12, 2008
They are down there! I want to go down and make a video report. Anyone want to go? There is also rumored to be a huge council type meeting hall rite under Main St and Walnut Ave. It is believed to be used or used before by the Masons! I AGREE a Full Story would be quite intersting. Did you know the exact center of Red Bluff, is where the Clock Tower sits?
Bud

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2008
they are basements, its all a story, there are no tunnels under red bluff
chinese were not allowed in red bluff, per the local law at that time, look it up.
nor were they allowed in shasta county, they did however have a temple in trinty county, look it up
read, up and down california, a journal of a guy by the name of Brewer in his travels thriugh the north state in the 1860's
Kathy Clark in Red Bluff

Dunnigan, CA

#6 Aug 12, 2008
My grandfather had the Trading Post on Main St. It used to be the mortuary. Thats when I heard about the tunnels. Some one tell us where we can look it up please?
Anthony

Chico, CA

#7 Aug 13, 2008
The Tunnels have an old access point near the rive a little bit north of the cinderrela motel. you have to go through alot of brush and i believe it is gated now with a warning but no sure. as far as the council meeting under main and walnut the mason building there has access through the basement. the tunnels are there. this sounds like a hot story to me!!
joe

Paradise, CA

#8 Aug 28, 2008
Bud wrote:
they are basements, its all a story, there are no tunnels under red bluff
chinese were not allowed in red bluff, per the local law at that time, look it up.
nor were they allowed in shasta county, they did however have a temple in trinty county, look it up
read, up and down california, a journal of a guy by the name of Brewer in his travels thriugh the north state in the 1860's
dude your a jack ass
Mike Lee

San Clemente, CA

#9 Aug 28, 2008
The tunnels exist, my great-grandfather was a Chinese immigrant who lived in Red Bluff. He spoke of them in stories he told to my father when he was a kid. The tunnels provided a place to store perishable items during the hot Red Bluff summers and later a place for individuals to disappear for a while. Today it is rumored there exists artifacts and other items which are still entombed inside the tunnels but you must be careful due to crumbling walls and ceilings.
Katherine

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2009
I went to high school in Red Bluff and I have always been facinated by the tunnels. If someone is going to organize a trip down there, I would love to know what you find.
roosterhasanfran 65

Tulsa, OK

#11 Jan 13, 2009
they were used by the chinese when the river boats were useing the sacramento river, all the business on main street had tunnels, the chinese were not allowed to shop, so the tunnels were used for that purpose, as well as other for illegas, there were alot of chinese bought in under slave market actions, they planted, loaded and unloaded the river boats and trains, remember there was no I5, the tunnels are still there, some are blocked off to the business they were called cooley tunnels
one goat

Redding, CA

#13 Jan 14, 2009
el pepe you missed the point of my statement. It was meant to make fun of almost every post on this forum which eventually leads to blaming illegal Mexicans. Look again: Masons, goats, pyramids, illegal Mexicans; how absurd is that? But that is the kind of shit they make up. Look at the posts by the idiot who calls himself Art Langly and his counterpart Kathy.
hot2trot

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Jan 14, 2009
I found some articles... http://www.redding.com/news/2007/jul/15/burie...

and...http://blogs.redding.com /dsmith/archives/2008/11/chine se-tunnels.html

and.....http://www.catechnolog ies.com/corning/history/chines e.html
and.....Comments Red Bluff's first anti-Chinese organization was
formed in 1876. "It called itself the Working Men's
Union, its stated purpose protecting white laborers
from the Chinese. The Red Bluff town trustees passed
two ordinances directed at the Chinese. One was a
license fee on laundries, the other a fee on anyone
transporting goods (vegetables) across town."
In February 1886, "the working men of Red Bluff
formed their own organization, the Anti Coolie
League. The League wanted more direct action
against the Chinese, and in 1886 the League's
president led at least 2,000 people in a march on
Chinatown. The procession went from house to house
and ordered the occupants to leave within ten days.
Some agreed and some did not, but there was no
violence."
In 1886 Red Bluff drove out its Chinese
population, and later that year burned the Chinatown.

Happy Reading~
hot2trot

Santa Cruz, CA

#15 Jan 14, 2009
Sorry, didnt realize I could post with spaces. Now I do.:D

Not sure if any of you have seen these photos. I just found them while digging around and thought I would post the link anyways.

http://www.geocities.com/redbluffca/index.htm
Kathy Clark in Red Bluff

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2009
one goat wrote:
el pepe you missed the point of my statement. It was meant to make fun of almost every post on this forum which eventually leads to blaming illegal Mexicans. Look again: Masons, goats, pyramids, illegal Mexicans; how absurd is that? But that is the kind of **** they make up. Look at the posts by the idiot who calls himself Art Langly and his counterpart Kathy.
What about me? I didn't do any thing. Looks like your trying to get your self out of some thing you posted. You put the "Illegal mexicans" in your post. Keep me out of it.
one goat

Redding, CA

#17 Jan 15, 2009
Good work hot2trot. Finally someonw posts with intelligence!
one goat

Redding, CA

#18 Jan 15, 2009
Good work hot2trot. Finally someone posts with intelligence!
purrrrr

San Francisco, CA

#19 Jan 15, 2009
look also under Corning History, there is an outstanding article on the entire history of Chinese pop. in Tehama area..
hot2trot

Santa Cruz, CA

#20 Jan 16, 2009
one goat wrote:
Good work hot2trot. Finally someone posts with intelligence!
;)thanx..
Kathy Clark in Red Bluff

United States

#21 Jan 16, 2009
hot2trot wrote:
Sorry, didnt realize I could post with spaces. Now I do.:D
Not sure if any of you have seen these photos. I just found them while digging around and thought I would post the link anyways.
http://www.geocities.com/redbluffca/index.htm
Nice pictures. My grandpa had the same pictures. He and Mr. Bayles were good friends. My grandpa was born in the yellow house on 2nd St across from the High School. He told me alot of stories about Red Bluff. He was a child when the streets were still dirt and people tied their horses to posts out side the bars. He said he could go see a movie and get a real milkshake for twenty five cents. I loved hearing the stories about a town I was raised in. He lived here all his life. He retired from the park service in Mineral. I miss hearing his stories now since he passed away. Thank you again. When I see these pictures it reminds me of him. He had the same pictures.
hot2trot

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Jan 16, 2009
Those were the days.......

I would love to know what it was like to live back then. I know it was a hard life, and I love what we have today, but there is something about the old days that is fascinating to me.

All the talk about the tunnels peaked my curiosity, so I started searching for information, not much to be found.

How come no one has been in these tunnels? Just a lot of talk of people seeing them. Anyone know?

I wonder if the library has anything of real interest. I might have to make a trip.

Glad you liked the pics Kathy. Its cool that someone has them out there to share with the world. What a neat place this was back in the day. Did you save them?:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 2 hr Carnac The Magnif... 17,706
News Concerns over Fox News prompt further scrutiny ... Thu Trump Curious 1
Fat black neighbor needs to get his ass kicked Sep 15 jacked 1
Comcast is a horrible place to work (Jun '08) Sep 15 Union Comcast emp... 159
News Sheryl Sandberg: Men run the world and it's not... Sep 14 Dan Meyers 1
News Trump administration delaying loan forgiveness ... Sep 13 Trump is a joke 2
News Trump's DACA decision is personal for some in t... Sep 3 Ms Sassy 3

Stockton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stockton Mortgages