Caught on California teacher and fre...

Caught on California teacher and freshman fight in classroom

There are 4 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Apr 24, 2013, titled Caught on California teacher and freshman fight in classroom. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

STOCKTON, Calif. -- A wild fight that erupted between a freshman student and her teacher at Stockton's Cesar Chavez High School has left the student facing an assault charge and the teacher facing an investigation of her actions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

Since: Aug 11

South San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 25, 2013
Snotty little f ing b|t€h

South San Francisco, CA

#2 Apr 25, 2013
Who the f is she? She lives in stockton
Trinity

San Francisco, CA

#3 Apr 26, 2013
Something is going on with our youth !!!! Parents please we need to show our children/young adults to act like such...... Teachers deserve all the respect so as the students!! In this case this young lady was acting as she was someone that could do anything she wanted when Her JoB was to study and listen to the teacher..... If you don't support the rules of a school system, just Keep your children / young adults at home and you deal with them...... This Teacher didn't have to go through this horrible experience ......

Riverbank, CA

#5 Apr 26, 2013
Jenna Talia wrote:
Need to bring back Corporal Punishment in schools.
When I taught, I did not allow ANY electronic devices in my class. Students knew that before they took my class. First time a cell phone, pager, ipod, or smart phone was used. I took it away and they got it back after school. 2nd time their parent had to come and get it back. 3rd time, it got sent to Dean of Students/Discipline.
Use it during testing or quiz - automatic F.

I also did not allow students to wear hats in class, unless it was part of spirit week costume.
No food or drinks either.

It's MY classroom, if you dont like it, take the course with a different teacher. You are there to learn and you will NOT disrupt my class or be a distraction. Oh, yeah, if you are late to my class, better have a note from the Dean's office, counselor, or previous class teacher/coach to get in.
Excellent advice. Hope it's not too late. Technology has tuned kids into lazy, complacent, moral deficient terrors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 12 min Fair Balanced 17,904
News Stockton Police: Man Shot Several Times in Seap... (Nov '16) 18 hr Nice 3
News A California city is launching the first US exp... Nov 14 The Big Lebowski 2
News Our Diversity: Getting their stories told Nov 12 Parvo1970 1
News Pennywise partners with Lost Coast Brewery for ... Nov 4 lavon affair 1
News At this unusual startup accelerator, being gay ... Oct 30 back stream media 2
Garbage Diggers........ (Aug '07) Oct 27 bayoubeast 87

Stockton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stockton Mortgages