Stockton School Bans "Gang" Colors

Full story: News10 Sacramento

At Stagg High School in Stockton, the colors red and blue are now completely off-limits. School officials say the new school year brought with it an increase in the amount of red and blue clothing on campus.
Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated Jan 11, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mimmi

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

From what I understand this meeting went on while one of the assistant principals sat there in a solid BLUE shirt and tie... Do as I say and not as I do seems a bit hypocritical don't you think?
rational

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

mexicans=gangs. Do we need to explain this? See graffiti on a new wall? Thank a gang memnber.. TAKE AWAY THE WELFARE FOR EACH GANG MEMBER. Also, the stupid parents of these kids show us exactly the type of people they are.
Cire

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

This will never work out. Trust me, I graduated 10 years ago and they tried this same experiment. People will just change to different colors. It's not so much the color it's the identifying color that is associated with them.
Jesus

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

Finally they are doing something right, send home all those troublemakers
Michael Jones

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

Jesus wrote:
Finally they are doing something right, send home all those troublemakers
Hey Jesus...your fence wants you back.
DE DE DEE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

To rational: mexicans=gangs? GROW UP get an education "MEMNBER" Shows how STUPID YOU ARE
HOHO SACRAMENTO

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

MAY BE THE ANSWER IS UNIFORMS.
LAAAAAAAAA

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Red is banned at my school except on Fridays, because that's spirit days.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

LIVE FREE OR DIE
bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

Judged:

Why when we are attacked to we retaliate by giving up our freedom 9/11.
Why when gangs wear colors do we give up our freedom to wear those colors.
Why when somebody drowns do we give up the freedom and force our kids to wear lifejackets even though they can swim.
Why when somebody can't say they don't want to play tag, do we give up our freedom to play tag
Why relinquish our right to doodle in class
We are supposed to fight for our freedom - remember life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

rational wrote:
mexicans=gangs. Do we need to explain this? See graffiti on a new wall? Thank a gang memnber.. TAKE AWAY THE WELFARE FOR EACH GANG MEMBER. Also, the stupid parents of these kids show us exactly the type of people they are.
Mexican does not equal gang. That's pretty stupid.
onlyme

Lodi, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2007

rational wrote:
wow, what an ignorant comment.
JAM Elk Grove

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Judged:

My teens' school is dealing with the same problem. If we take away red and blue, then it will be something else. Maybe pink and lavender. Maybe orange and green.If we tell them to not show one pant leg higher than the other, it will be something else. I have proposed uniforms as well, but then again, it will be an accessory, like a ribbon, tie, jacket or sweatshirt that will be adopted to be used to identify one group from another. Watch the Dr. Seuss "Sneeches" video or read this childrens' book. It is about wearing something that signifies "us" and "them".

The root of this is the mentality of these individuals. what is making children want to be associated with them. Well, we can talk about the media, who allows nothing but garbage and bad English set to a beat and starring skantily clad females and guys that should be learning how to annunciate their words.

Lets consider the American economic impact that gangs bring to us (and I write this totally tongue-n-cheek).We have the automobile industry, which would falter if it wasn't for Escalades and Navigators (I am sure GMC is lighting holy candles to the God of Rap for their Divine help in selling these gas guzzlers). How about the dental and jewelry industry? Have you seen the amount of gold (ahem... what gold?) in these guys mouths in the form of something they call "grills"? These are produced to cover up really bad dentistry.
Remember, the propaganda that these "stars" spew helps incite rioting and violence. Maybe in ten years these guys will be running for President. Look at Ice Cube. He came "straight outta Compton" with the group NWA. NWA. You figure out what rhe "N" means. These guys touted killing police officers. Now, Ice is doing Disney-type fuzzy family movies. How about Snoop Dogg. Former cronic and all round hardcore, now sponsoring little league baseball. Oh yeah, Promoting the next generation of thugs.

Maybe if we parents took back tanning their little hides without the fear of Child Protective Services breathing down out backs we might be able to save our future generation. As we age, we become the prey that the younger and stronger will abuse and rob so that they can "get what's mine!" (their favorite line). Moving to Wyoming and out of any major metropolitan area is sounding better every year.
i watch crime

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

A couple of you have the right idea (Bob and Jam). Very few will agree with this, however, if a child understands from very early on that a spanking (yes, even with a belt or switch) is the result of bad behavior, they behave better! Wow, what a concept. The bleeding hearts will cry child abuse; there's a four letter word and an "em" after it for those folks. All the "time out" crap, and not keeping score at socccer games etc has lead to a number of adolescents that are a disgrace to this nation. Shame on them and shame on their parents.
hello

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Vicente Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexican does not equal gang. That's pretty stupid.
No its the truth but Mexicans aren't the only gangs there is other white black and so on but one subjects always leads to another.Think about it some people just need to realize the worlds the way it is because we all let it.Take control.Close the Mexican border and get everyone out of this country who shouldn't be here then the state will save money on welfare and cut alot of problems out.!!!! Don't get me wrong white people do things wrong to.
Mike H

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Judged:

Mimmi wrote:
From what I understand this meeting went on while one of the assistant principals sat there in a solid BLUE shirt and tie... Do as I say and not as I do seems a bit hypocritical don't you think?
im sure the asst principal isnt gang-affiliated

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

hello wrote:
<quoted text>
No its the truth but Mexicans aren't the only gangs there is other white black and so on but one subjects always leads to another.Think about it some people just need to realize the worlds the way it is because we all let it.Take control.Close the Mexican border and get everyone out of this country who shouldn't be here then the state will save money on welfare and cut alot of problems out.!!!! Don't get me wrong white people do things wrong to.
That's all fine and dandy, but that doesn't address your orginal comment. I know many many Mexican people who aren't in gangs. In other words, your original comment is still stupid.
Robert

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

I think that it should not have been changed becaus those students who do not commit the crime are paying for it.
Robert

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

This is my comment on this and I hope you get it and nobody should pay for it.

Since: Jun 07

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2007

I have a better idea - don't ban Red and Blue, make every student wear BOTH colors as a uniform. Blue pants and red shirt. Blue socks, black shoes and NO accessories. Hair clips, watches, or anything else that's deemed necessary wear must be black (or some other neutral color but all the same).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Stockton Forum right now

Search the Stockton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 10 hr Bob 16,861
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr Fly straight 200,357
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 12 hr Fly right 4,893
Ann S Yelp San Francisco 13 hr harry 1
Passers-by make discovery in water of east Stoc... (May '08) 20 hr Leilani 4
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
Remodeled McDonald's reopens on Santa Cruz West... Mon Culo de Chongo 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stockton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Stockton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE