Statute of Limitations for "Protecting a Child"?

Posted in the Stockton Forum

William Berry

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Apr 17, 2013
Twenty-four years ago my daughter took her 4 yo.daughter out of harms way of sexual molestation. Her daughter, my g-daughter, is now 27. Most states have a time limit of 2-3 years on what is labeled "Parental Abduction" - but in this case was "Parental Protection". New Mexico, as an example, has a two year Statute of Limitations - where in California, there is none. The mother in this case is 55 years old. Is there some age eg. 80 years old, at which time the District Attorney of Santa Clara County and the FBI might consider dropping the arrest warrant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Legalize COCKFIGHTING in AGRI ZONINGS to fund p... (Mar '13) 12 hr Un agenda 21 and ... 47
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 13 hr Brittle Fingers 17,026
News Pay raises for Gov. Jerry Brown, state legislat... Wed Un agenda 21 and ... 3
Constitutional/Private PROPERTY Rights & UN Age... May 19 Un agenda 21 and ... 3
Poll SUSTAINABLE JOBs/new Business Creations IN Agri... May 19 Un agenda 21 and ... 7
News Mystery Smell Blows Into Stockton (Oct '09) May 11 No Name 12
News Joan Burke Taylor (Aug '13) May 11 truth seeker 2
More from around the web

Stockton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]