Lake Rights Still no agreement in lengthy dispute over Lake Gerard

Jan 14, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New Jersey Herald

“We've made a legitimate offer to her and she won't accept it”

The fate of home owners at Lake Gerard remains uncertain after the latest meeting involving lake owner Harriet Gerard and the lake association failed to garner an agreement between the two parties. via New Jersey Herald

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Sunday Jul 27
Fire fly

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

this has been going on for years, only the lawyers are getting rich
Ryan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2008

Judged:

My grandparents have a house on that lake and they told me there is a pump to get fresh water
and they broke the handle and we feel really bad
and we also would like if you would put the beach back and redo it that would make us really happy.
They have gone to meetings and trying to put
Lake Gerard the way it was.
andrena wright

Lakewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

my parents have a house on lake Gerard as well and we love it and would love to see the beach house back up and going too, hope one day they can come to an agreement
confused

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

the property is only leased, correct? why would anyone build a house on it, if they had no rights to ownership of the land?
Moishe Schmekel

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Ryan wrote:
My grandparents have a house on that lake and they told me there is a pump to get fresh water
and they broke the handle and we feel really bad
and we also would like if you would put the beach back and redo it that would make us really happy.
They have gone to meetings and trying to put
Lake Gerard the way it was.
All you do is want, want, want. When are you crybabies going to start to give, give, give??
lake gerard 01

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Moishe Schmekel wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is want, want, want. When are you crybabies going to start to give, give, give??
Hey Moishe- You should keep your comments to your self if you don't know what you are talking about. Just saying.
lake gerard 01

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Don't know if this is a repeat post due to how this site works but-- Hey Moishe- You should keep your comments to yourself if you don't know what you are talking about. Just saying.
Gibbs beaver L

Middle Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Drove through today, the lake looks worse than ever. Is the water level so low because of the dispute? Could it ever be brought back? Docks are in the middle of baron land? Would like to buy a house there but too scared to.... Moishe.... Ur a tool, this owner hasn't done shit for years , so much has been given without any return to the property owners.
James B

West New York, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2013

What happened to the water and the fish? Drove by yesterday and saw heavy construction equipment in dry lake bottom?? Did a dam fail and are they rebuilding?
Vincent Sgroi

Newton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I am an owner at Lake Gerard and I would like to up-date the status of lake gerard. The tennants and landlord signed a long term lease in 2008 with a non-eviction clause. For anyone interested in buying in lake gerard which is only 45 miles from new york and a four season oasis. The lake has been drained to repair and replace dams. The fish have been removed and are currently stocked in our upper pond. The owners are now in the process of moving the fish from the upper pond to various portions of the lake. The repairs are expected to be completed by October and the lake is expected to be completely fulled by the end of 2013.
Dana Fishkin

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

I used to own a place there- sold it about 11 years ago. "Gave it away" is more like it. If anyone remembers me and would like to write (I'm in Florida): ap172@aol.com

Good luck to all of you! The lake used to be gorgeous.

(Is Richard Brady still there?)
Brian Sniatkowski

Wyckoff, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Dana Fishkin wrote:
I used to own a place there- sold it about 11 years ago. "Gave it away" is more like it. If anyone remembers me and would like to write (I'm in Florida): ap172@aol.com
Good luck to all of you! The lake used to be gorgeous.
(Is Richard Brady still there?)
Unfortunately Rich Brady passed away last year. I have fond memories of partying with him when I was a teenager back in the 70s. We thought he was a super cool guy. Toward the end of his life he owned the deli on Rt 23 across from the church,just before the lake entrance.
Ursula Fauver

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

I use to live on Lake Gerard when I was a child. I loved having a lake to swim and skate on. It sure does look different. I don't remember the street address but wonder if any of the old houses still remain up there or if you can find out about them. My father was Robert Fauver, we lived in a house that was considered year round because it had heat, which back when we lived there most where used for ice fishing in winter, weekend summer homes, the place was basically empty when fall came. I just loved it there would really love to come back for a visit or find out what happened to the property.
John

Cranford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2014

I remember Lake Gerard as a child.It was a wonderful place to visit .I was shocked when I saw the condition of it several years ago.It looked ghetto and nasty.Why didn't the owners maintain the property?So sad.Does anyone remember the Lischkes?
Deb

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sunday Jul 27

I just came back from Lake Gerard. the Family (not me) has 3 houses on the lake. Lat summer the lake was drained so the damn could be repaired, because of the really snowy winter, the lake is back to 100% the houses on the lake now have well water. and there is an agreement between the Gerard's and the community. there are some very run down homes, and some for sale. It's the land lease that is 8k a year and going up that is the reason I haven't bought.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stockholm Discussions

Search the Stockholm Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Mon Tom M 2,803
Plainfield riots - 1967 (Sep '07) Mon A moment of clarity 78
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Jul 20 Renee 128
Police: Sussex County man caught with drugs in ... Jul 4 krashing 15
West Milford Hewitt Newfoundland NJ Jun '14 donnacook66 1
Charge: Illegal alien raped 13-year-old girl in... Jun '14 Rip 7
Embattled North Plainfield Rescue Squad's build... (Feb '13) Jun '14 Concern Citizen 6
•••
•••

Stockholm News Video

•••
Stockholm Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stockholm Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••