North Plainfield police chief's son charged with DWI in Warren

May 23, 2013 Full story: The Newark Star-Ledger 25

Mayor Michael Giordano Jr., left, Officer William Parenti Jr., Chief William Parenti and Chief Anthony Parenti Ret., right in a January 2013 file photo.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yolanda Quinones

Plainfield, NJ

#1 May 25, 2013
"A Proud Community"
1. A Borough on a hiring freeze hires not only a cop but the Son of the Chief. Forget that there are many laid off cops who would be able to provide valuable knowledge to the Borough instead we hire an individual who just graduated the academy with an associates degree.
2. And lets note he does not live in North Plainfield (which may be a good thing cause this would have been covered just like every other corrupt thing they do in Borough Hall).
3. So the Borough spends money to make this a big event with media coverage. With the Mayor and Police Chief who are "so proud" how the whole family has experience on the force.
4. Just like the Mayor who is a known drunk leaving a venue on Somerset Street in North Plainfield with town officials. Our probationary officer "Junior" has a few cold ones.
5. So now what happens? He isn't being indicted for some reason so its a traffic offense? Ok so "Junior" does some hours of community service, pays a safe neighborhood fee, court processing fees, then gets suspended with pay for a week? Oh and lets not forget the Borough Funded AA meeting for him and media coverage that the Chief will release.
6.Even if it did go to County his uncle is the assisted county prosecutor so his uncle dismisses it back down to a traffic summons. It must be nice having connections within the corrupt system.
7. So I will remain sitting here blogging pointlessly in my house within the "Proud Borough" of North Plainfield which I cant sell and remain stuck in the highest taxed and most corrupt municipality in Somerset County.
8. Lucky me stuck with a Drunk Mayor and Police Department, No Rescue Squad, and A Fire Department who is getting paid to wash their trucks.
GOD BLESS US ALL
concern citizen

Plainfield, NJ

#2 May 26, 2013
what do you think should happen to jr ?? another chance or another job ?

his in on probation that we know of right?

he might or might not get a brake depends how u think about it sense the chief is his father and his boss what do you think ?

normally i thought one couldn't be a police officer if you have a suspended dl ?

im sure when i took my dmv exam for my dl im positive one of the questions said something that if you refuse breathalyzer you are than presume guilty ? i could be wrong but i think im wright.. anyways acording to the article he refuse it. im suare if this information was wrong with there politica ties they would of made the writer write a public apology letter attach to the original
what do you guys think?

and cops arresting cops ? what must a cop do to piss of another cop to gt arrested ?? and charge ?

in my opinion i think that he should be let go and the position be open for a qualified individual that ones the job, one thats going to lead by example one THAT LIVES IN NORTH PLAINFIELD and hire using the civil cervices test. instead of a chief test that unless you where looking everyday in burro hall one couldn't find it without great difficulty.

What do you guys think ?
Robert Frances Novack

Plainfield, NJ

#3 May 26, 2013
The town is going to hell. That is point blank. My family has been in North Plainfield for 5 generations and have seen a spiral effect from great to good to ok and a plummet to terrible. Yolanda that was a beautifully constructed comment. I honestly wish they would go to a universal police and EMS/Fire system. Too much political powers in Somerset County.
over taxed

Marcus Hook, PA

#4 May 30, 2013
Yolanda, nice post! So many cops laid off and looking for work and they hire "junior" a 22 year old with 0 experience. "junior" is on probation,has been on the force one month and he is arrested for DUI and refusal to take the breath test. Any other cop would be suspended immediately if not fired, but not "junior", the mayor and daddy will sweep it under the rug as "junior" continues to work making thousands of dollars I pay in taxes.The mayor must be crazy to allow this kind of nepotism to happen and then to do nothing after the arrest? I am embarrased to live here. The police department is now a bigger joke then the fire department is,guys waxing the million dollar truck every day.
Sony256

Bronx, NY

#5 Jun 1, 2013
You should see the videos of the council meetings on npccr.org there behavior towards the general public should be grounds for dismissal yet the problem lies with us as a whole community and not standing up to this as$$$$hol&&& pathetic excuses for leadership they have leadershit like there's no tomorrow but they are ale to get away with anything because there is not enought brave people to stand up to this sad excuse of leadershit, there scare of getting intrubke bully because they run the town how ever they feel like, we need to have a more involve community for any changes to ever happen , if not at this rate we are all going to be slaves of the system because we allow it to happen .
Mayors pet

South Bound Brook, NJ

#6 Jun 12, 2013
The mayor and chief should resign. Junior should resign also he is an embarrassment let a real officer have the job
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#7 Jun 14, 2013
Is ton you you Los tosc you do to foe town con don rainbow foe drone ran
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#8 Jun 14, 2013
To is you of the love bet
Ronisha

Plainfield, IN

#9 Jun 14, 2013
The is you love you is love won con go tow con town Dian Tom own son to disown Dow wow fowl Hispanic oven row pen born town Ronaldo peeks row. Don won town row town town. Ellen town down flown town fowl. Down shown. Slow Bon. Choice
Mayors pet

South Bound Brook, NJ

#10 Jun 15, 2013
Ronisha..... This is now North Plainfield. Idiots like this live in the town we are all doomed. Morons draining the life out of the community
concern citizen

Plainfield, NJ

#11 Jun 16, 2013
any see the new news on this screw up town ? http://www.nj.com/somerset/index.ssf/2013/06/...
Overtaxed

South Bound Brook, NJ

#12 Jun 16, 2013
Told you the guy is crooked. The whole family is a mess and the AG isn't doing anything. This is why we are in trouble all the cover ups and nobody does anything. Chief should retire and junior should work at A pizza place something more suited for him
disgusted

Warrenville, IL

#13 Jul 3, 2013
Ronisha wrote:
Is ton you you Los tosc you do to foe town con don rainbow foe drone ran
what the !@#$%^& are you smoking?
Ronisha

Marcus Hook, PA

#14 Jul 3, 2013
I am an idiot as you can see from moronic posts above. I should learn English but why ? I can just sit around and collect freebies from the government and never get a job. I love North Plainfield !!!!!! I can't wait for my 5000 relatives to come and move into my one bedroom apartment.
FedUp

Secaucus, NJ

#15 Jul 12, 2013
@Ronisha - Don't worry, that will end real soon...with middle class people not being paid a decent wage, there will not be anyone to pay for your freebies...and, when your 5000 relatives move into your apartment, don't worry...the town will evict your lazy ass...saw it done quite recently and I loved making the phone call.
Ronisha

South Bound Brook, NJ

#16 Sep 4, 2013
I love my freebies!!! I sit on my ass because chumps like you flip the bill.... Keep working sucker and pay for my beer and Newports. I don't have to work because the government pays me to lay on my tush and sleep all day!!!! I love this country!!! We are taking over the world and North Plainfield
concern citizen

Plainfield, NJ

#17 Sep 26, 2013
can someone confirm that he was actually charge with dwi ? i keep hearing rumors that he was but no proof or media on it at all.
Ronisha

South Bound Brook, NJ

#18 Sep 26, 2013
Yes in every newspaper and on line
Fed Ups

South Bound Brook, NJ

#19 Sep 26, 2013
I got a DUI also and lost my license for six months..... Unfortunately I didn't have a badge and get out of jail free card
Mayors pet

South Bound Brook, NJ

#20 Sep 26, 2013
Cops should be allowed to drive drunk with impunity.... They have special driving skills and are trained. Leave them alone everyone jealous because they can't!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockholm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Athletic Director At Plainfeld High School 13 hr Debbie-5 2
Plainfield Park Hotel Oct 19 Crashtiger 1
Oak Ridge fugitive wanted by police (Jul '11) Oct 15 disgusted 21
Anesh, Barletta, White: South Plainfield Comes ... Oct 15 marian 2
Quick Chek Gas Station Project Gets the Green L... Oct 15 marian 5
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Oct 8 Jim T 137
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Oct 2 Ladeeda 2,813

Stockholm News Video

Stockholm Dating
Find my Match