Suspect pleads not guilty in New Jersey church killings

Dec 7, 2008 Full story: Rome News - Tribune 8

Maybe it was just the look on his face. Friends and relatives of the victims expressed little conso-lation at watching a seemingly unfazed Joseph Mathai Pal-lipurath brought to court Friday in Paterson, N.J., ...

Full Story
just dont get it

Gardenville, PA

#1 Dec 10, 2008
this low-life killed 2 people in cold blood and critically wounded a third and thinks he did something wonderful. who cares if he can't cough up the $2 mil in bail. that's the whole idea of bail, so they can't get out of jail until the end of the trial. the guy has ties to family overseas. i'm sure he can afford a ticket to India even if he can't afford the bail. if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
speed

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2008
Better to keep this guy locked up before he starts using his car as a weapon too. Why in Clifton? What a j---.
Old School

Randolph, NJ

#3 Dec 17, 2008
It could have happened anywhere. This is the world we live in. It's not the safe place we grew up in.
I hope this creep fries for this.
HDL

United States

#4 Dec 23, 2008
let me tell you guys something, this guy on trial for murder has a terrible lawyer. he was the defense for a case i was involved with. i read how he said that he didnt have time to look at the files... BULLSHIT. he pulled the same shit with me and had my trial pushed back a month. hes always dragging his feet. he's a bad man defending a bad person. get this- he was also disbarred from practicing law for 3 years for lying to the united states marshall about the whereabouts of his client. hes a shitty lawyer. i thought he was a joke. its comforting for me to know that in a case this high profile, this murderer hired the worst lawyer possible.. so hopefully theres more of a chance of him being found guilty on all counts.
just dont get it

Gardenville, PA

#5 Dec 26, 2008
HDL wrote:
let me tell you guys something, this guy on trial for murder has a terrible lawyer. he was the defense for a case i was involved with. i read how he said that he didnt have time to look at the files... BULLSHIT. he pulled the same shit with me and had my trial pushed back a month. hes always dragging his feet. he's a bad man defending a bad person. get this- he was also disbarred from practicing law for 3 years for lying to the united states marshall about the whereabouts of his client. hes a shitty lawyer. i thought he was a joke. its comforting for me to know that in a case this high profile, this murderer hired the worst lawyer possible.. so hopefully theres more of a chance of him being found guilty on all counts.
i guess every cloud DOES have a silver lining after all.
speed

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2008
Always remember you could be caught in the middle of doing the act but with todays society you are not guilty until you are in front of a jury. At least this way he has a chance to be found not guilty. Not that I agree but it will depend on the jury. There goes our tax dollars once again. One solution would be if they are found to be guilty they should be made to pay back the city and county for all their legal bills. Maybe that way some people would think twice.
Old School

Randolph, NJ

#7 Dec 27, 2008
That's a nice fantasy Speed. If the guy is found guilty,where does he get the money to pay restitution to cover the legal costs? More important; What about the families who lost a loved one in this mess? Can you put a price tag on those victims? Maybe a real death penalty where people really die when there is guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Instead we house violent criminals, feed them, give them recreation, free health care, visitation rights, cable TV and sometimes an education at the cost of about $30,000.00 to %50,000.00 a year. ANd they say crime don't pay..... but we sure do.
Think about it!
speed

United States

#8 Dec 29, 2008
Trying to eat on my break while typing. Not to easy especially when you are hungry. Old School you are right about the fantasy. I know for a fact that there are quite a few people who when in need of surgery or dental care will commit some small crime so they can go to jail to be able to have their medical problem corrected for free. We sure do pay for the crime of others. I still say a two by four cell and one hour out with no cable TV and then they would think twice about commiting another crime. But with the rights of All the people it can not be done in todays society. Unfortunately for Us their crime does pay off for them. Imagine coming out of jail with a new vocation and not owing a single dollar for it. They know all the ropes and use it for their own benefits.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockholm Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Plainfield Park Hotel Sun Crashtiger 1
Oak Ridge fugitive wanted by police (Jul '11) Oct 15 disgusted 21
Anesh, Barletta, White: South Plainfield Comes ... Oct 15 marian 2
Quick Chek Gas Station Project Gets the Green L... Oct 15 marian 5
Plainfield, need a little history around 1960 (Feb '08) Oct 8 Jim T 137
Legends Resort (Jan '06) Oct 2 Ladeeda 2,813
Joe Sorrentino Withdraws From Borough Council Race Sep '14 Joe loser 1

Stockholm News Video

Stockholm Dating
Find my Match