Valleyhead, a school for girls, closes

Full story: Berkshire Eagle

After 40 years of serving young women with emotional issues, the Valleyhead school has closed.

Comments (Page 9)

Showing posts 161 - 180 of222
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 13

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Aye Cuz, I don't blame you for leaving the VH Inc. group. All those girls in there thrive off of one another's negativity.

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Ooh grow up Carla. Jeez. Get over yourself.
NY TOMBOY

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

bearhug wrote:
Lori,
I i feel that this forum has been taken over by a bunch of immature young generation punks in my book. All they know how to do is provoke people just to get a rise of of others. That to me is a big turn off. It's too bad that they have a law against spanking their kids. I feel that if their parents discipline them with spankings, them maybe they wouldn't be so bullyish today.
Aint that The truth !

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Seems from the time when they were at VH to now. Their behavior hasn't changed. They're still trouble makers and thrive off of their own negativity.
NY TOMBOY

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

There is a lot of "trolling" in this forum,It is uncalled for ,Carla,Nichy (Swooshie) and Juicy.You three have no respect for the "elder sisters" who were at Valleyhead way before you were.Calling a "sister" that name, was hitting below the belt.This "sister" and I are both autistic.There is a difference between mental illness and Autism,wether you accept it or not.As A Disabled Rights Advocate,I hold that "Bearhug" has the right to stick up for herself,as well as the duty to stick up for herself. I left the VH Inc Group,and plan on sticking to the VH The Positive Side group,where "we VH sisters treat each other with respect."

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

I am with you there Cuz. Too many bullies and "TROLLS". They think their don't stink. They need to look at themselves in the mirror because they're no better than us.
Lee_R

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

If any of the posters still check this site, you'll be interested to know that Matthew Merritt and several of his family have pled guilty to major fraud for overcharging the state of Vermont (by more than $3 million) in connection with their operation of the Bennington School: http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_23194388/f...

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! KARMA!!! Butt biter.

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

What goes around, comes around.I knew that this was coming.

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

Hi Susie,
How have you been? I was at VH when you were. You and I were roommates at one time. Hope all is well with you.
susan wenberg wrote:
I was. THere the end of 84 until 87 or 88 if u remember me contact me on face book I. Live in va and I was. There during the fire I am not living in the past but am willing. To connect with old. FrieNds
NY TOMBOY

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2013

bearhug wrote:
Hi Susie,
How have you been? I was at VH when you were. You and I were roommates at one time. Hope all is well with you.
<quoted text>
There is a drama-free facebook group,Valleyhead,The Positive Side,if you want to connect ,and are on FB ,Susie.I also live in Va,have lived there since Dec 1980,when I left VH .

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Good morning Cuz.

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

I wonder why Mrs. Powel didn't like you . Per say, for one thing, you r attitude towards other staff and students. You and your friend Swooshie keep ganging up on me. Calling my police department and making false allogations against me. They're eventually going to get tired of you and your side kick calling them to the point where they'll say that you guys are nuts and that you two are trying to create a problem for people that isn't even in your catchment areas. If I were you two, I'd turn the other cheek and walk away from this. You have your people you hang with and I have mine that I hang with. I don't need yours or her grief. After this message, whatever you two say to me on pm or whatever, I'm just going to ignore the wise cracks and consider the source. Hope you folks have a very, very blessed day. God is good all the time and he is there for me through thick and thin. I shall stand my ground and not let anyone corrupt me.
Dorene wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes it is hard to deal with that type of thing. Hell, you may not have been an easy person to deal with. You may have other issues going on and felt they were attacking you. Not all staff like the clients. Mrs. Powell didn't like me and I have proof of that.

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

I'll have to quote you on this. When I was there, the girls were always out of control. Some of the staff were physically abusive with the girls. I was mentally and emotionally tortured when I was there. Yes. The restrained me a few times, but that was because I was suicidal at the time.
I know em wrote:
The Merritts are nothing but greedy, low life money mongers. They would buy old bagels at Berkshire Bagel in Lenox for 5 cents a piece to save a buck! Yes, they physically, sexually and psychologically abused the vast majority of girls that attended those schools. They truely deserve to rot in hell along w/ the millions of dollars they litterally screwed the government out of over the years. They are the lowest of low lifes, out for themselves at anyone elses expense!

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2013

I would like to say good morning to everyone. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Dawn

Beverly Hills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2013

I was there the day that happened it was after max jumped out the window of the bedroom we shared because after you jumped i ran to her and hugged her because i remember seen you just laying there on the ground not moving . i was there when they had the box in the basement and they had the posion for bugs all over the kitchen. i remember the morning they had cearal and there were bug is in and a lot of the girls got sick we all got in trouble. i was in that school for 3 years.
Alex Hines

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2014

All I got to say f*** valleyhead there was only one staff tht really did care all the rest can go to hell I'm am still emotionally disturbed and still have have of a certain culter tht mostly worked there I broke my ankle in 2009 the nurse tht was on he looked at me and said I was fine I wasn't fine all I cld say was plz help me plz I cldnt move an inch of my body I was in so much pain 40 mins past they finnaly called the ambulance the ambulance said u have a perfect nike print in ur ankle meaning my bone was sticking out I had 5 bones and a fracture and had to get emergency surgery so now I have a part valleyhead memorable abuse inside my ankle for the rest of my life sometimes it still hurts to walk so anyways I am very happy valleyhead shut dwn and I hope the all the staff tht abused us girls and nvr cared hope u all rot in the worst hell there is
DCF and other Monsters

Newport, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Traumatizing, terrorizing, and exploiting kids. And somehow that's legal, and profitable.

DCF, A Corrupt Child Drugging Agency.........and somehow that's legal, and profitable..........
DCF and other Monsters

Lincoln, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Traumatizing, terrorizing, and exploiting kids, that's what I am all about!
Lisa Thibault

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

hi my name is lisa thibault I went to vally head school in the mid 80s as far as the a buse that went on there I have moved on with ny life and for got to say good by and good luck to all who now me back in the days you all are in my hart and I rember all of you grils tried to find you but was un sesesfull I have found some of the vally head grils and we are on good turms I often thenk a bout you all and hope you all are doing well I love you all your friend lisa thibault za za za

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 161 - 180 of222
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stockbridge Discussions

Search the Stockbridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israel's cruel, inhumane acts (Aug '08) Apr 15 Mandela 474
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Apr 10 Subvet642 4,664
Pittsfield police receiving more car break-in r... Mar 29 COPS ARE SEXUAL DEVIANTS 1
State officials urge Great Barrington selectmen... Mar 26 johnny rockets 5
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Mar 24 ghost 1,131
Pittsfield man, out on bail, sees second bust f... Mar 23 Ozzie King Of Zylonite 2
Lenox Music Emporium (Oct '12) Mar 22 Musikologist 8
•••
•••
•••
Stockbridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stockbridge Jobs

•••
•••
•••