Program gives kids pointers on how to...

Program gives kids pointers on how to care for their pets

There are 58 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 27, 2010, titled Program gives kids pointers on how to care for their pets. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Matt Gabriel of Animal World Experience discusses the difference between wild and domestic animals recently while presenting his albino pet rabbit at the Berkshire Humane Societys Camp Humane.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hummm

Boston, MA

#1 Jul 27, 2010
Now there is a story that will bring a smile to your face. Good example of a great community.
hard dude

South Deerfield, MA

#4 Jul 27, 2010
This is great. But ya know, it is an indication of how far we have drifted away from a basic animal care, concern, interaction, maybe even love. There was the dog, rabbits, lamas recently in the news. Now, there is a support group about how wonderful interaction with another living creature can be.

Boy Oh BOY! That's progress in the 21st century. Feed and touch your animal and it will like you. And if you can avoid it, don't kill it.

We have reached a point where simple things have to be taught. But that's progress.
DUH

Adams, MA

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Why are we using state grant money to further programs about luxury items such ass pets. Shouldn't parents actually tell their children about how to care for a pet? I would much rather have the money spent on this program going to art, music and gym in school then to a program that is just supplanting the responsibilities of the parent.

Pets are a luxury item and that, if anything should be taught first and by parents...not paid for via grant money and donations.
kitkat

Adams, MA

#7 Jul 27, 2010
'Bless the beasts and the children....'
Hummm

Boston, MA

#8 Jul 28, 2010
DUH wrote:
Why are we using state grant money to further programs about luxury items such **** pets. Shouldn't parents actually tell their children about how to care for a pet? I would much rather have the money spent on this program going to art, music and gym in school then to a program that is just supplanting the responsibilities of the parent.
Pets are a luxury item and that, if anything should be taught first and by parents...not paid for via grant money and donations.
Grant Money? What grant money? And the donations from those so generious to do so actually support this type of community effort.
DUH

Adams, MA

#10 Jul 28, 2010
Hummm wrote:
<quoted text>
Grant Money? What grant money? And the donations from those so generious to do so actually support this type of community effort.
The grant money that they applied for and got for this, they got $3,200 from the state for "educational" programs.
hard dude

Northampton, MA

#14 Jul 29, 2010
Pets are a luxury item and that, if anything should be taught first and by parents...not paid for via grant money and donations.">>> >>>>>..........

It's just a sign of the times and of the progress we've made over 60 years. Parents are just too busy to take the time to explain how to keep a pet. Maybe the don't know or care...Maybe the parents themselves don't know how to care for or establish a loving relationship with an animal.

That's why ya get gangs, teen age mommys, drinking and drugs, fights, killings, and people around here always in a grouchy mood and often quite unfriendly or nieghborly.

Yeah! We've come a long way baby. For pretty much nothing.
Hummm

Boston, MA

#19 Jul 30, 2010
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
The grant money that they applied for and got for this, they got $3,200 from the state for "educational" programs.
I don't believe this grant was from the state. I believe (can't find link) that is was granted to BHS from another Shelter.
Krazy Klown

West Bridgewater, MA

#22 Jul 31, 2010
SPD is cleaned up and has good people working there now. You, of course, continue NOT to work and still have a criminal record (it didn't go away, Doinkie Boi.

"Rose Street has accomodations
for Clowns---one in particular!"
Requiem for the Birds

United States

#28 Aug 23, 2010
hard dude wrote:
This is great. But ya know, it is an indication of how far we have drifted away from a basic animal care, concern, interaction, maybe even love. There was the dog, rabbits, lamas recently in the news. Now, there is a support group about how wonderful interaction with another living creature can be.
Boy Oh BOY! That's progress in the 21st century. Feed and touch your animal and it will like you. And if you can avoid it, don't kill it.
We have reached a point where simple things have to be taught. But that's progress.
and don't forget about the turkeys gunned down by police "chief" Michael Wynn.
gotta feed em

Troy, NY

#30 Aug 24, 2010
if you die your cat will eat you..
local yokel

Troy, NY

#32 Aug 24, 2010
Out of town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>That's Great! It Saves On Funeral Expenses... LOL!
"Clowns Always Win In Clown Town."
nah...ya still gotta toss the bones over the fence for the neighbors dog
Bob Marley

West Bridgewater, MA

#37 Aug 25, 2010
Who's the most boring clown in Stoughton?

DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK, DOINK,DOINK

CLOWN TOWN IS DONE. SO IS DOINK.
need this

Albany, NY

#41 Aug 28, 2010
this blog is ridiculous!
coulrophobia

United States

#45 Aug 28, 2010
after reading this madness is there anyone out there that wonders why people have a fear of clowns..........
coulrophobia

United States

#47 Aug 28, 2010
jesus, I know that if I asked 25 people(adults) how they feel about clowns, I'm sure the comments on clowns would range from just too ******* scary to just too ******* creepy. I'm sure not one would say clowns are just so funny and they just lov-em, and they want to be one when they "grow-up."
Jeff Zuckermann

Northville, NY

#49 Aug 30, 2010
Teach children how to read and they will read about how to care for animals.
Paul Abramowicz

Northville, NY

#50 Aug 30, 2010
Doink The Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
You won't find 25 normal adults in Stoughton.. Stoughton is Clown Town!!!
I have never had a better pizza than at the Stoughton Spa. Did you burn it down kid?
Paul Abramowicz

Northville, NY

#53 Aug 30, 2010
USA the Clown wrote:
Fake USA Clowns everywhere!
Doink doesn't go to Chuck and Cheese. That's where Neckbrace goes daily with all his "Deliverance" relatives from the junk yard.
BTW, why do they go there EVERY day for lunch rather than patronize his daughter's Pub steps away from his work? If the food is so good as advertised...then why doesn't he eat there.
Maybe Mark Snyder should investigate the Phantom Gourmet conundrum!
You are way too close to IT, go away. Then rethink dink.
THE NERVE

West Bridgewater, MA

#54 Aug 31, 2010
NOW, ALTHOUGH McDONALDS IS FAMOUS FOR IT'S ADVERTISING AND MAKING THE WHOLE WORLD THINK THAT THE BIG MAC IS THE BEST THING TO COME ALONG SINCE SLICED BREAD (BUNS?), EACH LITTLE RESTAURANT IS AS AMATEUR AND SIMPLE AS A NEW-FOUND BUSNESS. NOT ONLY ARE ALL THE EMPLOYEES RATHER INEXPERIENCED AT WHAT THEY'RE =SUPPOSED= TO DO, BUT THEY WILL JUST LOOSE ALL CONTROL WHEN AN EMERGENCY OCCURS....HERE WE GO!!! FIRST, GET A FEW FRIENDS (4 IS GOOD...I'LL GET TO THIS LATER) AND ENTER THE MCDONALDS RESTAURANT, TALKING LOUDLY AND REAKING OF SOME STRANGE SMELL THAT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES THE OLD COUPLE SITTING BY THE DOOR LEAVE. IF ONE OF THOSE PIMPLY-FACED GOONS IS WIPING THE FLOOR, THEN TRACK SOME CRAP ALL OVER IT (YOU COULD PRETEND TO SLIP AND BREAK YOUR HEAD, BUT YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY DO SO). NEXT, BEFORE YOU GET THE FOOD, FIND A TABLE. START YELLING AND RELEASING SOME STRANGE BODY ODOR SO =ANYBODY= WOULD LEAVE THEIR TABLE AND WALK OUT THE DOOR. SIT 2 FRIENDS THERE, AND GO UP TO THE COUNTER WITH ANOTHER. FIND A PLACE WHERE THE LINE IS SHORT, OR IF THE LINE IS LONG SAY "I ONLY WANNA BUY A COKE" AND YOU GET MOVED UP. NOW, YOU GET TO DO THE =ORDERING=...HEH HEH HEH. SOMEBODY =ALWAYS= MUST WANT A PLAIN HAMBURGER WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ON IT (THIS TAKES EXTRA TIME TO MAKE, AND DRIVES THE LITTLE HAMBURGER-MAKERS INSANE)..ORDER A 9-PACK OF CHICKEN MCNUGGETS...NO, A 20 PACK...NO, THREE 6 PACKS...WAIT...GO BACK TO THE TABLE AND ASK WHO WANTS WHAT. YOUR OTHER FRIEND WAITS BY THE COUNTER AND MAKES A PASS AT THE FEMALE CLERK. GET BACK TO THE THING AND ORDER THREE 6-PACKS OF CHICKEN ETC....NOW SHE SAYS "WHAT KIND OF SAUCE WOULD YOU LIKE?".OF COURSE,
SAY THAT YOU ALL WANT BARBECUE SAUCE ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS WANTS 2 (ONLY IF THERE ARE ONLY 2 CONTAINERS OF BARBECUE SAUCE LEFT).THEN THEY HAFTA GO INTO THE STOREROOM AND OPEN UP ANOTHER BOX. FINALLY, THE DRINKS...SOMEBODY WANTS COKE, SOMEBODY ROOT BEER, AND SOMEBODY DIET COKE. AFTER THESE ARE DELIVERED, BRING THEM BACK AND SAY "I DIDN'T ORDER A DIET COKE! I ORDERED A SPRITE!"
THIS GETS THEM MAD; BETTER YET, TURN DOWN SOMETHING TERRIBLE THAT NOBODY WANTS TO DRINK, SO THEY HAFTA THROW THE DRINK AWAY; THEY CAN'T SELL IT. AFTER ALL THE FOOD(?) IS HANDED TO YOU, YOU MUST =NEVER= HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY. THE CLERK WILL BE SO ANGRY AND CONFUSED THAT SHE'LL LET YA GET AWAY WITH IT (ANOTHER INFLUENCE ON HER IS YOUR FRIEND ASKING HER "IF YOU LET US GO I'LL GO OUT WITH YOU" AND GIVING HER A FAKE FONE NUMBER).
NOW, BACK TO YOUR TABLE. BUT FIRST, SOMEBODY LIKES KETCHUP AND MUSTARD. AND PLENTY (TOO MUCH) OF NAPKINS. OH, AND SOMEBODY LIKES FORKS AND KNIVES, SO ALWAYS END UP BREAKING THE ONES YOU PICK OUTTA THE BOX. HAVE YOUR FRIENDS YELL OUT,"YAY!!!!! WE HAVE MUNCHIES!!" AS LOUD AS THEY CAN. THAT'LL WORRY THE ENTIRE RESTAURANT. PROCEED TO SIT DOWN. SO, YOU ARE SITTING IN THE SMOKING SECTION (BY ACCIDENT) EH? WELL, WHILE ONE OF THE TOBACCO-BREATHERS ISN'T LOOKING, PUT A SIGN FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROOM SAYING "DO NOT SMOKE HERE" AND HE'LL HAFTA MOVE...THEN HE GOES INTO THE REAL NON-SMOKING SECTION, AND GETS YELLED AT. HE THEN THINKS THAT NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED IN THE RESTAURANT, SO HE EATS OUTSIDE (IN THE POUR-ING RAIN) AFTER YOUR MEAL IS FINISHED (AND QUITE A FEW SPLATTERED-OPENED KETCHUP PACKETS ARE ALL OVER YER TABLE), TRY TO LEAVE. BUT OOPS! SOMEBODY HAS TO DO HIS DUTY IN THE MEN'S ROOM. AS HE GOES THERE, HE STICKS AN UNEATED HAMBURGGR (WOULD YOU DARE TO EAT ONE OF THEIR HAMBURGERS?) INSIDE THE TOILET, FLUSHES IT A WHILE,UNTIL IT RUNS ALL OVER THE BATHROOM. OOPS! SEND A PIMPLY-FACED TEENAGER TO CLEAN IT UP.(HE WON'T KNOW THAT BROWN THING IS A HAMBURGER, AND HE'LL GET SICK. WHEEE!) AS YOU LEAVE THE RESTCURANT, LOOKING BACK AT YOUR UNCLEANED TABLE, SOMEBODY MUST REMEMBER THAT THEY LEFT THEIR CHOCOLATE SHAKE THERE! THE ONE THAT'S
ALMOST FULL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stockbridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Valleyhead, a school for girls, closes (Mar '09) 19 hr biguns 295
News County Fare: Special Olympics Mass. Hall of Fam... Jul 5 Cops are Degenerates 3
News Our Opinion: Keep pushing for NYC rail link Jun '17 Hugh Turds 3
Lenox Music Emporium (Oct '12) May '17 Musikologist 14
The El Dorado May '17 billwarnken 1
News xxxxxx May '17 Paul Kersey 3
News Videotape rape case to return (Feb '08) May '17 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 72

Stockbridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stockbridge Mortgages