N. Idaho authorities not ready to dro...

N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case

There are 736 comments on the KGW-TV Portland story from Feb 16, 2009, titled N. Idaho authorities not ready to drop cold case. In it, KGW-TV Portland reports that:

Kristin David disappeared in June 1981 while riding her bicycle from Moscow to Clarkston, and about a week later the dismembered body of the 22-year-old University of Idaho student was found in the Snake River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGW-TV Portland.

past lewiston residence

Port Orchard, WA

#528 Feb 15, 2012
Did Voss or any family members live on Warner Ave in Lewiston?
past lewiston residence

Seattle, WA

#529 Feb 16, 2012
Or did a past girlfriend live on Warner Ave?

“Idaho Wilderness”

Since: Apr 07

Clarkston, WA

#530 Feb 18, 2012
Voss did not grow up in this area or in California where he was living when he was arrested for the mortuary incident. He grew up in Illinois.

“Idaho Wilderness”

Since: Apr 07

Clarkston, WA

#531 Feb 18, 2012
I truly believe the brown van with Oregon plates is a red herring in Kristin David's case. The killer left evidence pointing to the crime being commited by a local resident.
Waltonny

Schenectady, NY

#532 Feb 20, 2012
I grew up in the valley but now live in N.Y. My mom sends me the Lewiston Tribune. I was happy to read about the new documentary. I feel so relieved that some people have relentlessly pursued this case. Thank God for family members like Crescentcrow who refuse to let this go unpunished. I have never been able to move far enough away from Lewiston to forget this. I knew of all three Civic Theatre victims but especially Steven. My brother was appearing in Jesus Christ Superstar and in an effort to spend time with him, I began to work backstage and with props. Steven was indeed a quiet, gentle soul. One thing that particularly stood out about him was that he was a non drinker. At the cast parties where everyone was celebrating with drinking,he was like a rare breath of fresh air. I look forward to ordering this documentary, and hope and pray that the families get answers.
Crescentcrow

Crescent City, CA

#533 Feb 21, 2012
Everything that I have heard about Steven has been that he was a gentle soul. He deserves to be found and bring some closure to his family.

We have to keep hoping that information will come in that will help bring Voss in.
Ron Swanson

Clarkston, WA

#534 Feb 25, 2012
If nothing else, he deserves to have his name cleared. I know there are few people who still think he had some responsibility, but a few is a few too many.
Midge Markey

United States

#535 Feb 26, 2012
Did the Civic ever allow any officials to go into the dirt cellar to search for bones?
kline

Boise, ID

#536 Mar 6, 2012
Justice seeker wrote:
I truly believe the brown van with Oregon plates is a red herring in Kristin David's case. The killer left evidence pointing to the crime being commited by a local resident.
Ditto Justice Seeker.Ive always felt the 'Brown Van with out of state plates' was a red herring.
It just seemed too pat.
I know alot of folks for some reason seem to really WANT(not sure why...) Kristen David's murder to be the unconnected work of an itinerant out of state slasher but I dont believe it for a second.
kline

Boise, ID

#537 Mar 6, 2012
I really think there was so much publicity about the whole hypnosis and the out of state van and the stranger talking to the girl on the bike that it became part of a lot of peoples permanent image about the case to the point its hard for them to visulaize it any other way.
Which also has worked in Voss' favor in my opinion.
Or as one person said to me:"....oh,yeah,wasnt she killed by Otis Toole and that other guy,or was it Bundy...?"
Lilah

Dallas, TX

#538 Mar 10, 2012
I'm curious. What exactly does Lance Voss look like? I doubt I'll ever run into him, since I live in Arkansas. I just remember reading something about him having wild-looking eyes. Are they like Charles Manson's, or are they more like Tom Cruise's when he went nuts and criticized Brooke Shields for using antidepressants?
Lilah

Dallas, TX

#539 Mar 10, 2012
Justice seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
The Documentary has been released. Voss is getting his 15 minutes of fame now but that is not enough. WE want a grand jury and trial!
If he is as narcissistic as he seems to be, I would imagine he's probably enjoying his 15 minutes. I just wonder how aware his supervisors at the US Postal Service are about his suspect status, though. His notoriety doesn't seem to have gotten beyond Idaho.
Lilah

Dallas, TX

#540 Mar 10, 2012
Justice seeker wrote:
Lance Voss inserted himself into the Christine White case from the very beginning. He showed up at the search for her with a towel wrapped around his neck and was in Betty Wilks face wanting to lead the search in a certain direction.
He told the police he was the last person to see Christina and that he gave her a wet towel when she became ill.
His future stepson, Clint Clarneau, also claimed to be the last person to see Christina and that he gave her a wet washcloth.
Clint Clarneau says he doesn't know why Lance Voss said he gave Christina a towel or claimed to be the last person to see Christina because Voss is telling lies.
Clint Clarneau claims to have a photographic memory and recalls the events of the day Christina vanished as if it happened yesterday.
From what I have read about Voss, it seems that he is an attention hog. After all, he bragged about pulling a guy from a burning car, so why wouldn't he claim to be the last person to see a missing child alive, even if it weren't true?
kline

Boise, ID

#541 Mar 19, 2012
I finally got to see the documentary 'Confluence' Excellent piece of work.
In my opinion far better then many crime documentaries that Ive seen that im sure were made with far more resources.
The scenes dealing with the victim's families are heartbreaking.
Their sense of grief and Loss is palpable.
I urge anyone who hasnt seen it to do so asap,you can get a DVD copy at '..and Books' in Clarkston.
This film underscores the fact that a denoument to this case and the perpretator answering for his crimes is something that has been put off for far too long.
Brit2040

United States

#542 Mar 29, 2012
There should be pictures of Lance Voss my mom and her friend saw a Man by the river around the time the girl who was bicycling was missing and he had a light brown van with out of state license plates and was acting weird. She told the police this at the time but I'm sure she could identify the man still today if she had a picture to go by.My heart goes out to the family's.
Crescentcrow

Trout Lake, WA

#543 May 1, 2012
Brit2040 wrote:
There should be pictures of Lance Voss my mom and her friend saw a Man by the river around the time the girl who was bicycling was missing and he had a light brown van with out of state license plates and was acting weird. She told the police this at the time but I'm sure she could identify the man still today if she had a picture to go by.My heart goes out to the family's.
Contact Jackie Nichols with the Asotin Sheriff Dept. Lance Voss is 6'5", brown hair, bushy moustache. I should say that is what he looked like then.
Crescent crow

Trout Lake, WA

#544 May 22, 2012
Crescentcrow wrote:
<quoted text>
Contact Jackie Nichols with the Asotin Sheriff Dept. Lance Voss is 6'5", brown hair, bushy moustache. I should say that is what he looked like then.
Did you contact Jackie Nichols ?
Heather David

United States

#545 May 24, 2012
I am Kristin David's niece; or at least I would have been. She was murdered 7 years before I was born. My fiancé and I have been doing research on her murder over the past few years. Unfortunately the only time my dad's side of the family talks about Kristin is during the family reunions. Which only take place every five years or so. I have never met my grandfather John David, who seems to talk about her. Today I watched the documentary Confluence which is about the Lewiston Civic Theater "murders". John was on it, so I feel that I should contact him in some way. If anyone has anything that can help me find him I would appreciate it.
Formerly of LCV

United States

#547 May 27, 2012
Lance Voss is dead.
What

Macedonia, OH

#548 May 27, 2012
So just when did Lance Voss die??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stites Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10) 16 hr spoon 10
looking 4 David Pierce! Apr '16 mizzoufox 1
News Federal lands bills move forward Mar '16 Political Traveler 1
News Multiple arrests result from Orofino drug inves... (Oct '08) Feb '16 Omaha 57
sexual predator roy robert / marcott in kamiah,... Jan '16 trucking 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stites Mortgages