Woman, 20, arrested on murder complaint in Adair County

Dec 27, 2011 Full story: NewsOK.com 63

Virgie Murphy, 88, was found dead in her Adair County home early Saturday, and Tonya Watie, 20, of Stilwell, was jailed on a murder complaint, authorities said.

Full Story
huh

Douglas, GA

#43 Jan 3, 2012
so has anyone heard if they had any more suspects like kc jada and mark
onlygodknows

Wann, OK

#44 Jan 4, 2012
just stating a fact wrote:
well how did tonya just now start using a cell phone to use facebook she just installed it on her phone hmm is she out or what
why are you so worried about it?? please mind your own business.
4 given

Dallas, TX

#47 Feb 11, 2012
All I can say iz my God have mercy on her soul& my condolences& prayers go out 2 both families
Thoughts

Broken Arrow, OK

#48 Feb 11, 2012
onlygodknows wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so worried about it?? please mind your own business.
It became our business the minute she decided to kill a citizen of our area. Right now we are paying her way, due to her being a selfish, brutul, hateful person.
Im Family

Fitzgerald, GA

#49 Mar 3, 2012
I CAnt believe the way you guys are talking its not worth it...Vergie was very close to me she is my great aunt and i also knew tonia..I cant believe tonia done it she never seemed to be that way..But she has a lil boy and family and hasnt lived her life so why should you talk like that it serves no perpose. Let her serve her time atleast she is taking the blame for her actions most people wouldnt.
thoughts

Haskell, OK

#50 Mar 3, 2012
Im Family wrote:
I CAnt believe the way you guys are talking its not worth it...Vergie was very close to me she is my great aunt and i also knew tonia..I cant believe tonia done it she never seemed to be that way..But she has a lil boy and family and hasnt lived her life so why should you talk like that it serves no perpose. Let her serve her time atleast she is taking the blame for her actions most people wouldnt.
This might be YOUR point of view, I would love to hear what Vergie would have to say about it. I'm thinking it wouldn't be forgive and forget.
united states

Broken Arrow, OK

#51 Mar 8, 2012
why isnt jada nofire sitting beside her
united states

Haskell, OK

#52 Mar 9, 2012
also Mark Putnam, can't beleive they're getting away with their part in this murder!
family

Dallas, TX

#53 Mar 9, 2012
Because they weren't involved. You people just don't get it. Your question should be why haven't they arrested chastity nance and her accomplice.
hum

Fitzgerald, GA

#54 Mar 9, 2012
family wrote:
Because they weren't involved. You people just don't get it. Your question should be why haven't they arrested chastity nance and her accomplice.
was she involved also cause I was told that tonya was cheating on her bf KC nofite with tj smith and he was involved how come he isn't in jail either and jada and mark were with them they should make them accomplices right?and where does chasity nance fit in on this?
Weeeee

Douglas, GA

#55 Mar 25, 2012
hum wrote:
<quoted text>
was she involved also cause I was told that tonya was cheating on her bf KC nofite with tj smith and he was involved how come he isn't in jail either and jada and mark were with them they should make them accomplices right?and where does chasity nance fit in on this?
. U say u were told so who's ur source an who r u, ppl wud yal please put the rumors and gossip to rest that's all this site is for, it wud b ok if everyboby knew the facts of what really happened on that terrible sad night
the truth

United States

#56 Mar 26, 2012
Jada and mark was NOT wit tonya when it happened! Tonya told police who was wit her and it was SHAWNA KILLER and JAKOBI TEEHEE, CHASSITY NANCE! The question is why havent they been arrested??? And they need to ask why Jokobi was n the hospital 3 days after the lady was killed with a leg wound! Didnt the cops shoot at someone goin out the window that night??? Hummmm?
so true

Tyler, TX

#57 Mar 26, 2012
Finally somebody knows something..why havent they arrested shawna,jokobi,chasity? I guess tonya stupid ass is gon take all the blame well she should of stayed home with her boys then she wouldnt b n this mess
stillhell

United States

#58 Mar 26, 2012
so true wrote:
Finally somebody knows something..why havent they arrested shawna,jokobi,chasity? I guess tonya stupid ass is gon take all the blame well she should of stayed home with her boys then she wouldnt b n this mess
thats what i have been wondering why hasnt the people that tonya was last seen with been arrested!? From what i hear tonya dont remember anything & what she does remember doesnt really have anything to do with a murder!
the truth

Haskell, OK

#59 Mar 26, 2012
Everybody knows it was JADA NOFIRE and MARK PUTNAM with Tonya that day. That was walking distance from MARK'S house. That's all he's known for is burglarizing old people's houses. Can't believe Tonya's talking all the blame for his sorry ass.
the real truth

United States

#60 Mar 27, 2012
the truth wrote:
Everybody knows it was JADA NOFIRE and MARK PUTNAM with Tonya that day. That was walking distance from MARK'S house. That's all he's known for is burglarizing old people's houses. Can't believe Tonya's talking all the blame for his sorry ass.
nope! its a FACT tonya was last seen with Jakobi,shawna,and chassity that night! And JAKOBI lives right behide the old ladys house (now thats walkn distance) where do u think the people that ran out the back when cops arrived went to???(Kenda's) cuz they were all at Kendas drinking that night! All these people can help tonya if they would come forward and tell the truth. they think they all got away with it and that tonyas gonna take all the blame,well all i have to say is GOD knows and jus cuz u dont pay for it here and now dont mean u wont have to pay for it at all! Judgement day is coming!
FREE TONYA

United States

#62 Apr 3, 2012
Heard Shawna was in a wreck last night hopefully they detain her when she gets out of the hospital and take her in for questioning over the old ladies death! Cops please don't let her go....she has been involved in 3 murders ( Kim springwater, Devin S. And vergie) please u can save a life!!!
u kno

United States

#63 Apr 3, 2012
If shawna would have ran in to sumbody last nite and killed them den what? Rip kim i 4 got all bt dat till u brought it up n yes shawna had sumthng to do wit kim not b n here 3 day
FREE TONYA

United States

#64 Apr 3, 2012
u kno wrote:
If shawna would have ran in to sumbody last nite and killed them den what? Rip kim i 4 got all bt dat till u brought it up n yes shawna had sumthng to do wit kim not b n here 3 day
she'll probably blame it on her cousins Sarah Jane and Mason and get away with it like always! R.I.p Kim and stay strong TONYA AND MATT SCRAPER!! hopefully your family will get justice one day SOON!!!!
FREE TONYA

United States

#65 Apr 3, 2012
Maybe we should call Nancy grace and local news stations and tell them that this poor girl is looking at deathrow cuz some old man that shouldn't be on the force let the other suspects go and we know for a fact there was others with Tonya because her lifeline picked up other voices then tonyas voices! I say let the public listen to the 911 recording I bet someone in this town can recognize the others voices!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robert Crozier announces candidacy (May '10) 3 hr Same new 473
Which Adair County School Is a Dope Haven? 4 hr Rover 80
Facet closing? 15 hr x 5
Coopers are all snitches Oct 17 Mizz_Emm 3
Hell yea, Frank Garrett! Oct 16 Jetty 3
Judge Liz Brown (Nov '10) Oct 16 Concerned mom 30
Holly Johnson (Nov '10) Oct 16 FYI 8
Stilwell Dating
Find my Match

Stilwell Jobs

Stilwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stilwell News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stilwell

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]