walmart black friday sale

Posted in the Stilwell Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2012
Curious as to how the big sale went at Walmart beginning last night. Was it worth it? I usually like to go and just sit down and people watch, but both me and my wife's health simply didn't allow for it this year (Boy, do we miss the days of people watching at the malls on days like this). Besides, I don't think people would much appreciate tripping all over her oxygen tubing anyway. But I know you folks can fill us in. Sales actually good sales or the lure you in and hope you just buy something. I did hear a few who said they went in and were quickly disappointed because there really wasn't any big bargain sales and simply left. One said something about a TV and simply opted to spend another 30 or 40 dollars and get the better one they really wanted. I guess larger towns such as tulsa have so many stores, there is much more to offer and competition.
person

Tulsa, OK

#2 Nov 24, 2012
They just let people grab things and fill their carts before the sales started. By the time I got there at 7:30 all the deals set to start at 8 were already waiting in the checkout lanes. Xbox games were picked clean. Nothing else really caught my eye. Just turned around and left.
Tony

United States

#3 Nov 24, 2012
In almost every state, community supporters joined Walmart employees to protest unsavory employment practices by the world’s largest retailer. Let’s set aside for a moment that the four richest Walmart kingpins own wealth equal to 40 percent of American families combined. The company also faces widespread accusations of retaliating against employees for speaking out, cutting hours to avoid paying benefits, and running a pervasive and obnoxious propaganda campaign against employee unionization.
Mary Kay

United States

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Walmart’s official statement that claims “the number of associates that have missed their scheduled shift today is more than 60 percent less than Black Friday last year.” (As a grammatical aside: Someone should tell Walmart that “associates” are people, and the appropriate pronoun to refer to them is “who.” “That” is reserved for objects…a word choice that reveals how Walmart really feels about its workers.)
Sam

United States

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Bottom line: We can’t have 46.2 million Americans living in poverty, while one family owns enough wealth to cover 49 million households.
Alice

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Nov 24, 2012
I'm thinking the people knew what the job paid and what the benefits were when they took the job. Funny how you want it till you have it, then you complain that you got it. Oh, and by the way, I don't hear them complaining out the bonus they get every year, somehow they forget to count that in as part of their compensation.
person

Tulsa, OK

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Wal-Mart is the country's biggest employer. 50 years ago it was General Motors with an average wage equivalent to 30 dollars today. Wal-Mart generally pays 8 dollars an hour. The standard of living for people is dropping in the United States and unless you fight for something more it will just get worse. Telling people to just get a better paying job is asinine. They don't exist. Especially in smaller communities.
jobs

United States

#8 Nov 25, 2012
Today I am thankful for a job. Wonder bread employees probably wish they had been more thankful!
Jake

United States

#9 Nov 25, 2012
Wonder bread Employees took a lot of sh!t off the company and the point came where the last straw broke the camel's back.

Walmart turn is coming just like Sears and K-mart.

People coment when they do not know a thing about the working conditions.

Isn't it nice that in this land of plenty a family of four own more than 49 million others?

What is the saying? It will be harder for a rich person to reach the kingdom of heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. or something like that.
thankful

United States

#10 Nov 25, 2012
Jake wrote:
Wonder bread Employees took a lot of sh!t off the company and the point came where the last straw broke the camel's back.
Isn't it nice that in this land of plenty a family of four own more than 49 million others?
What is the saying? It will be harder for a rich person to reach the kingdom of heaven than a camel to go through the eye of a needle. or something like that.
Where are Wonder Bread Employees today? They couldn't make a deal and were not appreciative and now are in the unemployed lines! Talk to one of them I bet they wish they would have made a deal and been more greatful.
Alice

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Nov 25, 2012
Jake wrote:
Boy they showed them didn't they! Take that Wonder Bread! Now they have no job, no way to pay the bills, but by God they were right and weren't they! They fought for their rights and won. Right? Oh wait, they did win didn't they? Is it winning that we the working class get get to support them now while they draw food stamps? If they want to make a point and rally for better pay and benefits then let them do it, but do they have to act stupid to make a point? I think shooting yourself in the foot just shows everyone you were never a compentent employee anyway. Let them quit Wal Mart if it's so bad. There are 1000 more waiting in line for that job. Again, what about their 10% discount and their yearly bonus. Why aren't they mentioning that when they are throwing out thier gripes? The want that, but they want to complain too.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 25, 2012
How did we get from Walmart Black Friday to Wonder bread? "Person" that's kind of what I heard. then the guaranteed 1 hour stuff, they issued those cards, but when they got to the register some "associates" didn't kow what to do while others rung it up and the prices wound up being almost $40 higher that advertised in Walmart and the Stilwell ad circular. Apparently they weren't even allowed to purchased the extra warranty on the 32" TV- though i wasn't clear on whether it was their "associate" didn't really know what or how to do it, or they just wanted to get you out of there. My neighbor said he went around midnight mainly to buy groceries (I know I had trouble understanding why you would pick that night of all times) snd said there were few customers and the staff was just trying to clean up everything that has been "trashed". i gues the old times of everyone waiting outside the door before 4am friday morning to get ahold of special buys are long gone. at ;east then they actually had good deals and several of them.
Alice

Broken Arrow, OK

#13 Nov 25, 2012
I was at different Wal Mart for the 8:00 deals. I was offered the warranty and was checked out very quickly. No prblems at all. I'm thinking maybe it was just the the associates and or lack of training. Maybe they, as usual, just acted like they didn't want to be there. I know how they act at this Wal Mart and that was my reason to go out of town. It didn't take a crystal ball to tell this one would not be ran with any kind of knowledge with employees who give a crap. When I got back to town I went to the Stilwell Wal Mart, which was shortly after midnight. There were only a few employees, and they were movng some stuff around but didn't seem to be doing anymore than usual. There were 5 people standing at the registers talking, again, as usual. I was able to look at all the items, and they seemed to have some of everything on sale still in stock. Even at that time I waited in line behind 2 others to check out while the talking and laughing went on. More prove why I left to do my real black Friday shopping.
This Wal Mart gives other Wal Marts a bad name, and it boils down to one thing, the employees and the manager who lets them act like they act
Oscar G

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2012
I would rather push a Harley than ride a rice burner!!!!

I would rather steal than beg!!!

What does these little ditties have to do with Hostess and Walmart?

One might as well draw welfare, unemployment comp., and/or food stamp as to put up with the sh!t that hostess and walmart doles out.

People who walked the picket lines in the 1920's and 1930"s, did without, suffered,and some died to provide you pus*sies with a better life nowadays, would in all probability roll over in their graves, about the poor working stiff who are just thankful for the minimun wage job, no benefit, and required to lick management boots (azzes) to keep their jobs.

Makes an old auto worker want to puke.
Sam W

United States

#15 Nov 26, 2012
DeKalb County police are investigating the death of a man suspected of shoplifting after three Walmart employee reportedly wrestled him to the ground and placed him in a choke hold.

WSB-TV obtained a police report that indicated that that two employees and a security guard attempted to physically detain a man in the parking lot of a Walmart in Lithonia, Georgia because he was seen leaving the store early Sunday morning without paying for two DVD players.

“When police arrived, they found the employees on top of the man,” according to the station.“The officer put the man in handcuffs and said he noticed there was no resistance from him.”

“The officer had the employees get off the man, and noticed the man was unresponsive and bleeding from his nose and mouth.”
Sam W

United States

#16 Nov 26, 2012
The suspect was taken to DeKalb Medical-Hillandale Hospital and later pronounced dead. An autopsy will attempt to determine if a choke hold allegedly performed by one employee contributed to his death.

WXIA reported that the two Walmart employees had been place on paid leave and the security guard was no longer working for the company.

“This is truly a sad situation,” Walmart spokesperson Dianna Gee said in a statement.“Our associates are trained that the safety of our customers and our associates is our first priority. No amount of merchandise is worth someone’s life. Associates are trained to disengage from situations that would put themselves or others at risk.”

Gee promised that Walmart would take the “appropriate action at the appropriate time” if an investigation determined the employees did not follow company policy.
Fired Up

United States

#17 Nov 26, 2012
And yet I am guessing the corporate person that is Walmart will not be tried as an accessory.

All of the sudden WalMart IS NOT a person...for the time being.
Wombat

United States

#18 Nov 26, 2012
Gee promised that Walmart would take the “appropriate action at the appropriate time” if an investigation determined the employees did not follow company policy. This is an interesting comment. Apparently they are more concerned about their policy than the death of a man. Three employees and one dead man all over two DVD players that cost what,$40 each? It seems clear that someone caused this man's death and Walmart's policy is not going to be much comfort to his family.
Fired Up

United States

#19 Nov 26, 2012
WalMart is an abomination! WalMart is a fu**cking plague upon humanity...
Yankee

United States

#20 Nov 26, 2012
I don't see why corporate executives are not criminally liable for what their companies do (I think they are, to some degree; it should be to the FULL degree). They ARE in charge, and set policies, after all. The corporation may not have a body to lock up, but the executive suite is full of them. The question must be, "can one lock up a sack of corporate shit?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a piece of @@@@ 6 hr sick head 3
Drug Haven 7 hr Herman 1
HELL YEAH i called the cops on REBECCA GOLDEN 11 hr snitch 1
f**k you rebecca y'all anit calling me snitch f... 13 hr snitch 1
Lane 15 hr the one and only ... 16
stephaine linville 15 hr sick head 1
whoever driving black car i got tag num. 15 hr xoxo 1
Stilwell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stilwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:01PM
Should Jerry Now Be Considered a Top-Quality GM?
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better