baron fork creek campground

Posted in the Stilwell Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
YEAR ROUND CAMPER

Haskell, OK

#1 May 29, 2012
THE BARON FORK CREEK CAMPGROUND IS VERY NICE,QUIET,CLEAN,AND THE OWNER TRIES VERY HARD TO KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILES,NO DRINKING ALLOWED,AND HE ENFORCES THE SPEED LIMIT IN AND OUT OF THE DAY USE AREA,AS OF YESTERDAY THERE ARE SOME VERY NICE DEEP SWIMMING HOLES,AND VERY PRETTY CAMP SITES DOWN ON THE CREEK,EVERY BODY IS VERY FRIENDLY AND I WILL BE RETURNING,FOR THE ENTRANCE FEE ITS HARD TO FIND "FAMILY FRIENDLY FUN" THAT CHEAP ANYMORE.
Heatherin

United States

#2 May 29, 2012
How can one stomach that "White Guy'?

I use to like that swimming hole until the BAST*ARD closed the road and he thinks he is going to make it through the pearly gates. HOW SAD!!!
Aqnie

United States

#3 May 29, 2012
Last year i paid to get to the old swimming hole.

Big mistake!! Afterwards i got the heebies jeebies and the good doc said to stay out of the chicken sh!t water from arkansas.
punch

Paden, OK

#4 May 29, 2012
YEAR ROUND CAMPER wrote:
THE BARON FORK CREEK CAMPGROUND IS VERY NICE,QUIET,CLEAN,AND THE OWNER TRIES VERY HARD TO KEEP IT THAT WAY FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILES,NO DRINKING ALLOWED,AND HE ENFORCES THE SPEED LIMIT IN AND OUT OF THE DAY USE AREA,AS OF YESTERDAY THERE ARE SOME VERY NICE DEEP SWIMMING HOLES,AND VERY PRETTY CAMP SITES DOWN ON THE CREEK,EVERY BODY IS VERY FRIENDLY AND I WILL BE RETURNING,FOR THE ENTRANCE FEE ITS HARD TO FIND "FAMILY FRIENDLY FUN" THAT CHEAP ANYMORE.
Spoken like a true owner looking to advertise while making it sound like it's someone else singing the praises. If not the owner, someone close to the owner or someone set to make a profit off of it.
year round camper

Haskell, OK

#5 May 29, 2012
punch wrote:
<quoted text>Spoken like a true owner looking to advertise while making it sound like it's someone else singing the praises. If not the owner, someone close to the owner or someone set to make a profit off of it.
i am not the owner nor do i profit off of it,in fact i've paid to be there
HAHA

Marshall, TX

#6 May 29, 2012
No SH!I!!!!
lmfao

United States

#7 May 29, 2012
year round camper wrote:
<quoted text>i am not the owner nor do i profit off of it,in fact i've paid to be there
THEY JUST MAD CAUSE THERE BROKE FLAT AXX'S COULDN'T PAY TO ENJOY IT...LMAO
Dove

Mena, AR

#8 May 30, 2012
All them there whites should be black to match their hearts.
Haha

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2012
It was alot better AND cleaner when someone else owned it and you didn't have to pay to get in. It's stupid to have to pay to enjoy what God put there for us, that's probably why it's getting all nasty and dried up because the owner is being stingy with it.
Jake

United States

#10 Jun 2, 2012
Bible thumping jews?
whatever

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Jun 2, 2012
I wouldn't know, I don't pay for the right to cross someones land.
The_Man

Wagoner, OK

#12 Jun 4, 2012
Hell just go to the right hole for now on its free and better.
The_Man

Wagoner, OK

#13 Jun 4, 2012
Yall going to say they close it down well not anymore becasue new owner's and i know the new owner's so everyone is welcome down there at the right hole they just dont want no drinking.
whatever

Alapaha, GA

#14 Jun 4, 2012
Everyone is welcome at what cost?
water ways

Broken Arrow, OK

#15 Jun 4, 2012
cant be owned and highways , roads, bridges RR take land on each side of it I believe unless the laws have changed. I have seen propertu owners fence across the waters and guess they get by with it because no one challenges them. So if you can get into the creek I dont believe a property owner can say anything cause it does not belong to them.
yeah

Euless, TX

#16 Jun 4, 2012
So is baron open to the public again? Last time I was down there it was blocked off with some huge rocks.
curious

Coweta, OK

#17 Jun 17, 2012
Just don't go under the bridge! I got a ticket for recreating on private property because I wasn't informed the bridge area was someone else's property.
Creek

Tahlequah, OK

#18 Jun 17, 2012
curious wrote:
Just don't go under the bridge! I got a ticket for recreating on private property because I wasn't informed the bridge area was someone else's property.
which bridge???? the railroad bridge or the hiway bridge?

I thought as long as you were on the gravel bars or in the creek that was public property? Is that not true??
yeah really

Lumberton, TX

#19 Jun 17, 2012
curious wrote:
yes! you will get yelled at and asked do u know you are on private property?! That's what happened to us when we under and past the bridge
punch

Porter, OK

#20 Jun 17, 2012
Creek wrote:
<quoted text>
which bridge???? the railroad bridge or the hiway bridge?
I thought as long as you were on the gravel bars or in the creek that was public property? Is that not true??
Oklahoma does not have a wet feet law. Meaning, in some states as long as you are in the water, only leaving to go around a true hazard, then back in the water, it's considered the states property. Not so here. If it's on your land, you are considered the owner as far as someone being there. Not allowed without the owners permission.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookups 31 min DripDrop 5
Robert Crozier announces candidacy (May '10) 36 min Samenew 604
Poll is maryetta a druggie's paradise? 50 min Joe 7
kent joe ???? 6 hr whoyathinkurfooln 13
Cherokee chief 9 hr DripDrop 11
cherokee nation (Apr '11) 10 hr ChrisSessi 29
willie Fisher and his woman 15 hr nunyabusiness 7
More from around the web

Stilwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE