what happened to the sheriff, a lawye...

what happened to the sheriff, a lawyer, and a prominant Family that got busted.

Posted in the Stilwell Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Partaker

Erick, OK

#1 Sep 4, 2009
what ever happened when the uppercrust of your town got busted for Manufacturing meth? its been 7 or 8 yrs ago. It made national news one night then never heard it again was it a fluke or did it really happen? does anyone know? if you know could you inlighten us?
criminalville

Haskell, OK

#2 Sep 4, 2009
Partaker wrote:
what ever happened when the uppercrust of your town got busted for Manufacturing meth? its been 7 or 8 yrs ago. It made national news one night then never heard it again was it a fluke or did it really happen? does anyone know? if you know could you inlighten us?
Sorry., not familiar with the story. I can tell you that the remaining uppercrust is manufacturing meth and adding new techniques to speed delivery to the local P.D. everyday. Working hard to provide the best meth this side of the mississippi.Recently they have also been pursuing a custom designed line of paraphernalia which they personally guarantee will go virtually undetected on your next search and seizure.(limit one per customer per visit.)
Partaker

Erick, OK

#3 Sep 4, 2009
Agust of 97'Gary Fain is hired as Watts Police Commissioner/City Manager.This in spite of Fain having recently "retired" from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol while under investigation for operating a "pyramid scheme"October:98'Watts Police Commissioner/City Manager Gary Fain and 4 other Adair County residents are indicted for their involvement in an illegal "pyramid" scheme.Indicted along with Fain were Westville, Oklahoma Town Trustee Barbara Rose, Jerry Carte, Westville chiropractor Dr. Ronald Abels and William Lewis a Westville insurance agent and reserve police officer. The five were indicted by the multi-county grand jury in Oklahoma City on one count of violating the Oklahoma Pyramid Promotional Act and one count of conspiracy.
December:98'Gary Fain along with others indicted in the "Friends Helping Friends" pyramid scheme reject a plea-deal offered by prosecutors and will proceed to trial.
November:99'Watts Police Commissioner/City Manager Gary Fain pleads innocent at his arraignment on charges arising from his involvement in the "Friends Helping Friends" pyramid scheme during the 1996 to 1997 time frame.
August:2000'Watts Police Commissioner/City Manager Gary Fain and four others charged for the involvement in an illegal pyramid scheme receive deferred sentences as part of a plea-deal in Adair County District Court. The deferred sentence means they will not face prison time or a restitution requirement.
Febuary : 2001'
Police Chief Billy Ames was demoted to patrolman and suspended for 60 days. City Manager/Police Commissioner Gary Fain was quoted as saying that Ames was not doing his job. Reportedly Ames was demoted owing to a decreased number of traffic tickets being issued.

It was revealed that hazardous chemicals confiscated during a methamphetamine lab bust and then improperly stored in open containers in a closet in the Watts Public Works building had been moved. It was just that no one seemed to know to where or by whom. The substances came to light when a former Watts patrolman went to law enforcement and stated the chemicals had been stored in the closet for a year. Mayor Roy Hammers stated that Police Commissioner Fain had told him the chemicals had been moved to police lockers and ultimately removed by "officials". Both the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation and the DEA, primary organizations involved with the disposal of confiscated meth lab chemicals, told the Tulsa World that their agencies did not receive any such request from Watts.

october:2001
Adair County Sheriff Charles Hartshorne held a community meeting in Watts and urged town residents to form a community watch group and pledged to help in any way he could, even if it meant patrolling himself. He then went on to state that the sheriff's department would use the Watts police station as a substation but would not be patrolling the town full time. The sheriff indicated that his deputies had been writing tickets on US Highway 59 in an effort to control speeding.

November:2001

Watts Town Clerk, Janette Huffman, was quoted in a Tulsa World report as indicating that someone had broken into an "evidence locker" at the former Watts Police Department and made off with bags of drugs which were being held as evidence. According to Huffman, two bags containing marijuana and a third bad containing other drugs were missing. Huffman indicated that the evidence had not been sent for lab examination and that guns and other items also stored in the locker were undisturbed. Huffman also indicated that the remaining evidence was moved to a "secure location".
Partaker

Erick, OK

#4 Sep 4, 2009
June:02'

Watts Trustees and former City Manager/Police Commissioner Gary Fain reached a settlement in Fain's wrongful termination lawsuit against the town. The details of the settlement were not released however town trustees issued a statement which indicated, ""The board of trustees for the town of Watts hereby acknowledges that no criminal or civil wrongdoing has been proven in a court of law against Mr. Gary Fain acting in his capabilities as town employee.".

September:02'

Prosecutors in Adair County announced they will not file felony charges against former Watts City Director Gary Fain after an audit showed that more than $20,000 was missing from the town's coffers. Prosecutors indicated that there is insufficient evidence proving any criminal intent on Fain's part.

September:03'
Former Watts Mayor Roy Hammers received a diverted one-year sentence on charges of delivery of a controlled substance, methamphetamine in Benton County Arkansas. Hammers and his wife Rosalyn were arrested in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, in 2002. Prosecutors dropped charges against Rosalyn Hammers but with an option to refile. Roy Hammers received the diverted sentence on the condition that no new charges are filed against him within a year.
Partaker

Erick, OK

#5 Sep 4, 2009
September :03
Former Watts Mayor Roy Hammers and his wife Rosalyn were arrested in a drug raid on their Watts home. The raid was conducted by the Adair County Sheriff's Office. The Hammers were charged with possession of a controlled dangerous substance, methamphetamine, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a firearm while in the commission of a felony.
Yanks are fabulous

Surrey, Canada

#6 Sep 4, 2009
Where is Watts? Is it near Stillwell? I'm making it a personal commitment to read EVERY one of these posts. I want to be an honorary Cartron.
Jerk

Erick, OK

#7 Sep 4, 2009
Yanks are fabulous wrote:
Where is Watts? Is it near Stillwell? I'm making it a personal commitment to read EVERY one of these posts. I want to be an honorary Cartron.
yeh its up north of the town, it was the heart of Adair county's coruption in the late 90's till now

Since: Apr 09

United States

#8 Sep 5, 2009
Yanks are fabulous wrote:
About 8 miles north of Westville which is 15 miles north of Stilwell.

http://maps.google.com/maps...

“pierced in all the right parts”

Since: Jun 09

Pella, IA

#9 Sep 5, 2009
Partaker wrote:
i heard about this.. maybe.. is the one one that happened in muskogee.. Harris, that old fat dr. who died awhile back.. phoebe and lonnie, lets see who else.. i don't remember but there was alot of them. might not be the same thing im thinking of because if i remember correctly it was like 12-13 yrs ago
sweetie

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2009
NO one know what happened to the sheriff . BUT HE Made a lot of money from adair county even when he wasnt here for a lot of the months. He wasnt even working here his under sheriff wouldnt even say a word cause he wanted his job i guess.
boloney

Erick, OK

#11 Sep 9, 2009
sweetie wrote:
NO one know what happened to the sheriff . BUT HE Made a lot of money from adair county even when he wasnt here for a lot of the months. He wasnt even working here his under sheriff wouldnt even say a word cause he wanted his job i guess.
are you talking about hartsthorne
Just me

Cordele, GA

#12 Sep 20, 2009
Partaker wrote:
Would that be Hartshore and Starr?
Sonny

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2009
Coleman and russell turner--suckbuddies and thieves. Check the jail fund.
Just me

Cordele, GA

#14 Sep 21, 2009
Sonny wrote:
well well aother one who do not know what they are talking about Turner has nothing to do with the jail fund that would be Clay and Coleman could not have touched any of it with out Clay and all the broads ok. so sorry my little boy you are so so wrong
I knoow

Haskell, OK

#15 Nov 16, 2009
I was advised that Hartshore was killed in a drug deal and they made all the stuff about him going off. Anyone hear that?
Red dirt

Erick, OK

#16 Nov 16, 2009
Just me wrote:
<quoted text>Would that be Hartshore and Starr?
yes
Cole

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2009
Sonny wrote:
Do not know about the jail funds or suckbuddies, but they both suck and are thieves!?
I knoow

Haskell, OK

#18 Nov 17, 2009
Cole wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not know about the jail funds or suckbuddies, but they both suck and are thieves!?
you are wrong
just me

Haskell, OK

#19 Nov 17, 2009
Coleman is a good man ya just don't know him
Nolikie

United States

#20 Nov 18, 2009
just me wrote:
Coleman is a good man ya just don't know him
Coleman is/was the sorriest "SOB" that has ever lived in Adair County and anybody that has any thing good to say about about the SOB must have their head up his a$$ and has a very $hitty outlook on life, so go $crew your self. Coleman would sell his a$$ for a $.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
child neglect 2 hr Pissed off citizen 2
Heath campbell 3 hr Shotgunrider 5
Baldor in Westville 3 hr Shotgunrider 14
Jesse Lobato (Dec '16) 4 hr Lover 4
deputy dope Sun Incorrect 10
Hailey Pettigrew& Tyler Patterson (Oct '13) Sun everyone knows 17
Curious Sat Curiousgeorge 1

Stilwell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance