First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sport fan

Coweta, OK

#1 Feb 7, 2012
Can't believe zion dropped to division II for state playoffs. What whimps. Guess Whitley didn't have the confidence to play with the big dogs in division I. Guess he wants to make sure his teams make it to state and probaly will playing against easy teams. I'm so disappointed. But like they say "if you can't run with the big dogs-drop to an easier division." LOL!
Lana

United States

#2 Feb 7, 2012
Be quit you do not know any thing about Zion
old school

Tahlequah, OK

#3 Feb 8, 2012
They must not be afraid of Rocky Mountain this year. In years past they stayed out of the any division that Rocky was in. Whiteley and Benham are both sorry losers
sport fan

Coweta, OK

#4 Feb 8, 2012
I know they dropped to a lower division cuz they are scared of the big schools. Heck even tenkiller and peggs are smaller schools than zion and they got the balls enough to play in division I. Theres more pride in running with the big dogs and loosing than whimping out to play easy games. I guess they gotta get a state ring somehow.
Get the facts straight

Tahlequah, OK

#5 Feb 8, 2012
Get the facts straight before you post silly things on here, the school is not able to pick and chose the division they play in, it goes off the number of students. By the way you did see where Peggs was defeated by Zion last night??
-_-

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Feb 8, 2012
It's just middle school not like it's high school or college geez grow up there just kids
sport fan

Coweta, OK

#7 Feb 8, 2012
you can't tell me tenkiller has more kids than zion does. zion has always played in division I with all the other big schools until this year. And I think its great zion beat peggs. I mean so what. Maryetta beat zion. So what? I'm just disappointed to see this cuz those kids are better than division II. I support the indians but we don't get to go to playoffs but I like to cheer on the other local schools. Like to see someone local win state. I just think its a cop out to drop to an easier division.
HWY 59

Tahlequah, OK

#8 Feb 8, 2012
they count the 7 & 8 grades students together and they take the top 16 schools and that is Division I and the next 16 schools are Division II and so on....If you go to www.k12.ok.us you can read the rules....Zion doesn't determine what division they want to be in!!!
HWY 59

Tahlequah, OK

#9 Feb 8, 2012
oops....www.ores.k12.ok.us

and this isnt the 1st yr they have been in Division II.....in fact 2 yrs ago they were in this division....So really please get your facts straight before you mouth Zion School!!!
sport fan

Coweta, OK

#10 Feb 8, 2012
Looked like zion had around 24 boys sitting on the bench at county tournament. Thats probaly about how many students in all 7th and 8th at tenkiller or peggs. LOL! Anywayz good luck to all local schools except maybe zion. You should pretty much have this one in the bag.
big boys

Broken Arrow, OK

#11 Feb 8, 2012
im sure anyone talking trash on zion wouldnt be anyone from maryetta. they know they have no room to talk about playing wit the bigboys after they held the biggest part of their 8th grade class back in the 6th grade just so they could have their moment in the sun this year. you cant get no more pathetic then that and they sit and cheer like they have something to be proud of.
You_make_me_lol

United States

#12 Feb 8, 2012
Zion has played in division II before. The coaching staff don't pick where they want to play. Where are you getting your information from? I'm guessing your a raiders fan. They beat Zion by one point in the tournament. Hardly enough to get a big head over. Maybe you should worry about other coaches instead of Whiteley and Benham. Like the coach from Maryetta who use to prefer little girls division. Futhermore if you noticed all the kids sitting on the bench at the tournament it was probably because your kid sits on one. These are kids not NBA. Geeze live out your pathetic wasted dreams elsewhere.
Bahahahaha

Coweta, OK

#13 Feb 8, 2012
Check into shit before you wanna talk about it. It goes by how many 7th graders play basketball
yep

Haskell, OK

#16 Feb 8, 2012
go jets
just sad

Haskell, OK

#17 Feb 8, 2012
big boys wrote:
im sure anyone talking trash on zion wouldnt be anyone from maryetta. they know they have no room to talk about playing wit the bigboys after they held the biggest part of their 8th grade class back in the 6th grade just so they could have their moment in the sun this year. you cant get no more pathetic then that and they sit and cheer like they have something to be proud of.
And im sure this isn't a zion person tomato potato stop talking smack on these kids imagine how there self esteem would be seeing this crap. Rivalry. Maryetta and zion have both been know to have good players come from both sides, in the end it doesn't matter they come together in high school. Stop smack talking kids. Its jr high sports quit treating it like its a high school championship. There used to be a time when there was no ores.
just sad

Haskell, OK

#18 Feb 8, 2012
Anyhow education is what really matters yay education
Easy Cheese

United States

#20 Feb 12, 2012
sport fan wrote:
Can't believe zion dropped to division II for state playoffs. What whimps. Guess Whitley didn't have the confidence to play with the big dogs in division I. Guess he wants to make sure his teams make it to state and probaly will playing against easy teams.m so disappointed. But like they say "if you can't run with the big dogs-drop to an easier division." LOL!
It sounds like you have a personal issue with Whiteley.....If you are really for the kids in Adair county then you should be glad that there are 4 divisions now instead of 2 because this gives the kids in adair county a better chance of bringing gold home.
As I sit here and read this with my child this comment is made, "The kids get along better than the parents, why?"
just sayin

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Feb 13, 2012
I been reading these posts about zion. I don't have any issues with zion but I did hear some parents talking at a ballgame the other day about zion dropping to division II. And they kinda had a point. They didn't understand why because zion played division I football. I think they should be playing same in basketbal. I mean it don't sound right. The number of student couldn't of changed between football and basketball seasons.
GoJets

Douglas, GA

#22 Feb 13, 2012
Zion does not make the rules on what division they play in. Not all rural schools play football so that is a factor in the placing for that. If you went to the football playoffs you could have said the same thing about the number of kids that Maryetta had compared to the number zion had. As far as being afraid of the big dogs Zion has played all the so called big dogs and beat them all at some point during the season this year that including Maryetta, Tenkiller, Peggs, Woodall and Briggs these were all sceduled games that Whitely and Benham had to have made on their own and not determined by ORES. Also why do you want to make the zion boys feel as though they are not as good as the BIG DOGS just because they are not in the same division? Does the mean that Big Country Reeves is a nobody since he came from Gans? Or do you even know who that is?????
The End
sport fan

Purcell, OK

#23 Feb 15, 2012
Yes ur right. Zion has played and beat the division I schools at one time or another. Thats why they should be playing with the "big dogs". Not skatin thru in division II. And yes I do know who Brian Reeves is!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stilwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookups 7 hr meme 48
bo wing 7 hr guess who me 8
samantha springwater 10 hr loves herself 4
Trying to find my lover Jay fuson any one know ... 12 hr hisflower 1
shannon brumfield 13 hr shannon 3
Jonathan & Jordan Mink 13 hr local33 4
skywood Sat Really 11
More from around the web

Stilwell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE