Please help us to support National Al...

Please help us to support National Alliance on Mental Illness

There are 2 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Apr 23, 2010, titled Please help us to support National Alliance on Mental Illness. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

On May 31, my wife, Kristy, and I will be leading a walking team in the National Alliance on Mental Illness Walk in Boston to raise public awareness about the realities of individuals and families living with mental illness, to fight stigma and negative stereotypes associated with mental illness, to reach out to new populations affected by these ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

HaroldA Maio

Lehigh Acres, FL

#1 Apr 23, 2010
to fight stigma and negative stereotypes (NAMI insists are) associated with mental illness

One best fights them by declining to promote them, educating positively., buy offering,
Positive images, not fighting negative one.
By refuting stigmas, not endorsing them.
NAMI plays a negative role in advocacy through the terminology it promotes. Were it to stop promoting those negatives, they would not immediately disappear, but one very prominent source of them would. NAMI breathes them life.

NAMI is of course not the only advocacy in this area promoting negative images that it opposes," but I know of no other advocacy for rights that promoted negative images. All promoted positive ones.

Harold A. Maio, retired Mental Health Editor
NAMI

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 8, 2013
NAMI is a store front for the drug companies !

In 1996, NAMI started a five-year campaign marketed as “Campaign to End Discrimination” that pushed for insurers to pay out unlimited funds for psychiatric treatments.“The “Founding Sponsors” of this campaign were eight pharmaceutical companies that manufacture psychiatric drugs—Abbott Labs, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Eli Lilly, Janssen, Pfizer, Novartis, SmithKline Beecham, Wyeth-Ayerst Labs.

The Psychiatric Drugging of America's Foster Children

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-peter-breggi...

http://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2011/09/nami...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Still River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bolton call firefighter charged in Lancaster, M... (May '15) Oct '17 Peaches 12
News Frustration ignites tempers, assault charges re... (Oct '08) Oct '17 Peppone 4
News Ayer man remains held without bail in domestic-... Sep '17 Darn Tootin 5
News Solar power microgrid goes online in Cuttyhunk ... Aug '17 Solarman 1
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired (Nov '16) Aug '17 Len 66
News Ayer arrests (Aug '09) Aug '17 Nick 5
Beatles For Sale tribute band returns to Shirley Aug '17 Beatleman 1

Still River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Still River Mortgages