Stewartstown councilman not guilty of harassment

A judge held Friday that telling a customer, "If you were here right now I would stomp a mud hole in your ass and walk it dry," may not show good business sense but it is not harassment. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Native

York, PA

#1 May 20, 2011
Stewartstown is awesome.
Great

Delta, PA

#2 May 20, 2011
Another perfect example of the Great Police work of Stewartstown. Any other police force would have know this case was a complete waste of time.
live in stewartstown

Street, MD

#3 May 20, 2011
stewartstown police are a joke and so is gemmill plumbing!!!
Bets

York, PA

#4 May 20, 2011
Nothing like some good old fashioned small town personality blooming if full color! I enjoyed this one! I also can not believe it actually made it to court! Come on. It isn't as if the guy actually threatened bodily harm to the other person. Unless they really believed they were going to be able to stomp a muc hole in his arse and walk it dry! OMG! Too funny!
OnceMoreWithLove

York, PA

#5 May 20, 2011
'Stew-town', AGAIN; what a bunch of frickin' idiots!
Cannot think of an area where the inhabitants are more stupid. Possibly the Bal'more folks can/will improve the gene pool. Most certainly hope so for the benefit of the normal citizens, if there are any.
Scott Osman

Shrewsbury, PA

#6 May 20, 2011
I am going to remind all consumers these laws are to PROTECT the consumer against abusive debt collectors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Debt_Collec...
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/cred...
Doomsday Donny

Shrewsbury, PA

#7 May 21, 2011
Who cares???? REPENT - THE END IS FINALLY HERE!!! Yay! All you suckers are finally gonna see that what we have been saying is right!!!! Don't make any plans for tomorrow you jackasses! May 21 is here and you are about to be flushed while me and my buddies are heading "uptown". So long suckers!!!!
Taxpayer

York, PA

#8 May 21, 2011
I think the guy was complaining about already having a "mudhole" from the poor quality of workmanship from gemmill leaky plumbing.
been there

York, PA

#9 May 21, 2011
OnceMoreWithLove wrote:
'Stew-town', AGAIN; what a bunch of frickin' idiots!
Cannot think of an area where the inhabitants are more stupid. Possibly the Bal'more folks can/will improve the gene pool. Most certainly hope so for the benefit of the normal citizens, if there are any.
Way to go Mr. gemmill! Most likely some transplanted Baltimoron trying to get out of his bill! Why dont you Baltimorons stay on your side of the border? Dont live in Stewartstown, but used tp do business there and once you get to know them they would give you the shirt off their backs![But dont f--k em!]
have had it

Newville, PA

#10 May 21, 2011
Good job Mr. Gemmill. Glad you fought the system & the unfair charges brought against you. Sad thing most of the people making comments will not realize is how much you had to pay in legal fees and what this had done to your good name and business. It is a shame Mr. Osman does not have to pay your legal fees or better yet it the fees could be taken out of the paycheck of that fine policeman that thought he had a chance to get to you because you dare question what this police department does and gets paid. Thank you for not only doing a good professional plumbing/heating/AC job each time we use you in our home but also for doing the best job you can serving on Borough council and sticking up for all the residents of Stewartstown.
stew boro resident

York, PA

#11 May 21, 2011
way to go gemmill this was just a case of the police chief trying to make a name for himself and interfear with politics. I hope you and the " so called good ole boys " walk one in their butt before the body count needs 2 hands to count ' like the potential lawsuits allready do. the boro lawyer has to love this he probally won't win any cases but will be a rich man. P.S. how do I sign up for the good ole boys you guys should sell memberships.
jack auficir

Taylor, PA

#12 May 21, 2011
had to deal with Gemmill as a customer.
they dont get any cheaper. flaunts his young trophy wife for all it's worth.
not a pleasurable experience dealing with someone with an "i got more than you" attitude.
i dont doubt that he said this and more to Osman.
shoulda been prosecuted.
yourneighbor

United States

#13 May 21, 2011
By the legal definition tn the legal dictionary, this WAS AND IS harassment. If a judge decides that an act that fits the definition of a crime to a T, is not a crime....GOD HELP US!
Bets

York, PA

#14 May 21, 2011
Taxpayer wrote:
I think the guy was complaining about already having a "mudhole" from the poor quality of workmanship from gemmill leaky plumbing.
That's why they have a better business bureau. All the money spent trying to prosecute the man for the "crime" of saying something he didn't like to him could have been spent in small claims court suing him for shoddy workmanship if that was the case. This to me seems more like a "I'll get you my pretty" revenge type of attack on the part of the consumer. He didn't just want to get the man for not doing what he thought was poor work on a job completed, he wanted to embarass him in public as well going after him for harassment. Look who looks silly now!
SAVE OUR TOWN

York, PA

#15 May 21, 2011
he never denied saying it but its not a crime jealosy gets you no where!!! and that is most of the problem in the bigger picture!!!!
you want facts

Mount Wolf, PA

#16 May 21, 2011
The judge didn't find him "not guilty" of harassment or a threat. The judge found him not guilty because of previous cases that he himself found the person guilty but they appealed and it was overturned. Another case of the justice system failing to protect everyone. This judge only protected himself from an overturned verdict, what a shame for people who are victims of bullies like Mario the plummer and people like him. Ps. Mario also said he was going to "kick is ass" and "It's not a threat, it's a promise" I suppose the next time I get pissed off at one of your grandmother's and I say those things....it won't be a threat only a promise.
call it they see it

York, PA

#17 May 21, 2011
Way to go Billy!!!! Another point that the Stewartstown Boro police Dept trying to make a name for themselves. How did that work out for them ???????? It didnt LOL. But maybe they should chase people up main street like a Bat out of Hell because they THOUGHT (key word) they didnt have inspection or insurance or they were a cute little girl ????? Yup gotta love it!
This is why they have no respect. They pick and choose who they want to single out and tell people about it can you say drama >??????
Again Congrats to Billy Gemmill!!!!!!!!
SAVE OUR TOWN

York, PA

#18 May 21, 2011
Hey know it all ' do you know the judge or were you in the courtroom that day ??????????
STEW RES

York, PA

#19 May 21, 2011
And bullies like the police "ya think"
common sense

York, PA

#20 May 21, 2011
Why would they over turn a legitimate verdict moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 43 min Henri 51,473
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon Jeremy 183
New royal farms store Sep 2 Stacylynn17378 1
Brian Blanchette | Berkshire Hathaway Realty Aug 31 Barbara Burns 1
Crime Watch for 07/01/2010 (Jul '10) Aug 31 hpf 2
Quarter auctions' illegality takes people by su... (Dec '10) Aug '14 Keeping busy 10
•••
Stewartstown Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stewartstown Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Stewartstown People Search