DA to re-examine 2009 crash after inj...

DA to re-examine 2009 crash after injured woman dies

There are 22 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 4, 2011, titled DA to re-examine 2009 crash after injured woman dies. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Stewartstown man who reportedly told police he was speeding and in the middle of the road when he crashed into another car in May 2009 could face more serious charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mejamom

Roxbury, PA

#23 Jan 13, 2011
I knew this boy as a child. He was unruly then (more than what's normal)and should have received help. None of us are perfect and I don't like to blame the parents because they weren't bad people and went to church and seemed loving and involved. I just wonder if he was one of those "difficult kids" who may have "slipped through the cracks" as they say. Or maybe the parents were blind to the seriousness of his possible disorder and refused to hear the advice of professionals or to seek counseling.
Regardless, he was old enough to know what he was doing. He has to face the law.
enough

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#24 Feb 24, 2011
why is it so difficult for people to understand this was truly an accident? obviously there is a lapse in info or communication so let me break it down for you all.....

There wasnt a speed limit sign posted on that road at the time and in PA when no limit is posted, its 55mph. Adam was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs. From my understanding, neither vehicle was on their "side" of the road..which by the way is not marked with lines.

Now mind you, I am not placing fault on Mrs McCosh, but people need to realize that as horrific as this was for ALL families involved, this was in fact an accident! Adam did not set out that day to initially harm anyone!

Do you not think for one minute that Adam has not had regrets over this accident since the day it happened? Do you not think he has remorse for the simple fact he was involved?

My condolences go out the McCosh family for their loss. In no way am I making light of your situation. However, it does need to be said that it is human nature to find relief in having someone to blame for a loss of any kind and i do hope that someday they are able to find peace in their hearts to see that Adam is not a bad person, he is in fact a kind person and has continued to push thru this very difficult time in his young life and has continued his education and is trying to put himself in position for a better future.

I am sorry for the McCosh's loss and will continue to keep their family and friends in my prayers during this very difficult time.

My thoughts and prayers will also remain with Adams family during this difficult time as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) May 12 Laura 23
New Freedom Hobby Shop seeks business grant (May '15) May 8 Dont Care 2
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Mar '16 Dwitman_no_relation 542
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? (May '15) Mar '16 fittytucker 6
Looking for someone named Lana Sicca Mar '16 ert002 1
News Four years after capture, York County woman and... Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Ex-boyfriend to face trial in kidnapping case (Oct '15) Oct '15 Crosstown 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages