DA to re-examine 2009 crash after inj...

DA to re-examine 2009 crash after injured woman dies

There are 22 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Jan 4, 2011, titled DA to re-examine 2009 crash after injured woman dies. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Stewartstown man who reportedly told police he was speeding and in the middle of the road when he crashed into another car in May 2009 could face more serious charges.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
dustbunnie

York, PA

#2 Jan 4, 2011
i think thats bullsh*t, if the crash happened 18 months before her death...how can they blame him and get him for homicide. i think a definate line needs to be drawn on the statue of limitations in cases like this. if she had died a month or two after yeah but 18 months....hmmm not sure about that.
LetHimBurn

United States

#3 Jan 4, 2011
dustbunnie wrote:
i think thats bullsh*t, if the crash happened 18 months before her death...how can they blame him and get him for homicide. i think a definate line needs to be drawn on the statue of limitations in cases like this. if she had died a month or two after yeah but 18 months....hmmm not sure about that.
I wish you realized how uneducated you sound. How would you feel if this was your mother who died as a result of someone's reckless actions. Of course the collision caused her death. Do you think she would have died in this manner if she wasn't in this collision? Use your head. Read a book because if medical records prove this collision contributed to her death then Kaisler should do jail time. This is all within the scope of the law to seek further charges and is not bullshit as you so intelligently put it. Again think what you would like done if this happened to your mother or grandmother. Jail would do wonders for that pill popper Kaisler
Red

York, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
May she RIP!!! And may GOD bless the families!!!
Just the facts

York, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2011
When are these kids going to learn you need to obey rules??? He was driving recklessly and, as a result, an innocent victim was paralzed and has since died due to complications of this accident. Yes, he should face charges.
Mr Final Word

York, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2011
everyone suffers for irresponssible actions such as driving like a maniac and not staying in your own lane. He didn't care while he was doing it but NOW, after its clear he's in some real BIG trouble, he CARES. TOO LATE!! Time to pay the piper, SON! MAN up! Take whats coming to you and don't try to wiggle out of it. God knows that lady that you hit could no longer wiggle,.... what with...the spinal cord injury and all. Am I getting my point across here?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Jan 5, 2011
84 years old is the actuary table for women, or in your case of intelligence, how long females live on
the average. Men live to be 81 on those statistics.
20 years ago the numbers were 71 (men) and 78 (women).

If you think 63 is old, then you must be another
Generation X or Y baby who can't find your own state on a map. Too much texting, drugs and video games.
Forrest Gump had an IQ of 75. I'm sure you don't
beat it by much.
Matter of Time

York, PA

#9 Jan 5, 2011
cold wrote:
old anyway
Cold comment anyway! As previously mentioned, the DRIVER, and most especially, YOU, will 'pay the piper some day.' Not humorous!!!
Allen Rosskopf

Sebastian, FL

#10 Jan 5, 2011
old anyway.....my rear
This woman spent a career teaching junior and high school kids, and in retirement she taught home school kids, adult ed, sang in a choir and was a joy and light to all who knew her. She and her husband are (were) two of the kindest people I have ever known, for all 63 of their years! You little rats should be ashamed of your careless attitudes toward others. You could have benefited from some time with her.
Truth

Gwynn Oak, MD

#11 Jan 5, 2011
dustbunnie wrote:
They can and do charge people with murder even years after the initial incident. If your actions ultimately led to the persons death, you can be charged.
just more facts

Sebastian, FL

#12 Jan 5, 2011
dust bunnie-The fact is that more than 50% of quadriplegics die of complications from pneumonia. In fact there is legal precedent of homicide prosecution when death resulted even five years later as a result of pneumonia infection after the causation of paralysis. Quadriplegics are not able to cough, spit, or clear their lungs independently. This is not a case of what kind of people we are talking about, this is a case of cause and effect. That young man's choice to drive recklessly, speeding in the center of a narrow, winding secondary road with limited visibility, was the direct cause of Mrs. McCosh's paralysis; her paralysis was the direct cause of her premature death.
Just the facts.
cold

Ephrata, PA

#13 Jan 5, 2011
Yikes! I was not talking about the sweet lady!

I meant the whole case is "old", like "man, it is old anyway!"

(meaning much time has passed since the incident/accident)

next time I will type more words to be more clear. RIP
Byrd

York, PA

#14 Jan 5, 2011
Matter of Time, you're an idiot. Stop jumping to conclusions.
A friend

UK

#15 Jan 7, 2011
I knew Jackie (Mrs McCosh) for about 12 years, I didn't see her all the time because I live in the UK but she was one of the nicest people you'd ever meet. I was heartbroken when I was told of the crash and the months after were the hardest and then to find out she had died in November was one of the worst days of my life. She didn't deserve to die and she didn't deserve to be hit by that inconsiderate boy.
@Dustbunnie, your comments are extremely hurtful, how would you feel if you lost someone who was close to you because of someones stupid behaviour. Yes it was 18 months ago but she died as a result of the crash, she would have lived many years otherwise. She lived a wonderful life, always with a smile and a kind word. If she had got pnemonia (sp) 2 years ago she would have lived, but she didn't she got it after this boy robbed her of her life. So he does deserve to be charged with homicide, he caused her accident, he drove too fast in the middle of the road, it was his fault she is no longer with us. So he deserves to pay for his reckless actions. He will never never never never understand the pain he has caused to so many people who loved her and still love her. He will not have to go home to an empty house, bar the cats and dog and not have his wonderful wife there. He will never ever have to deal with the pain that he caused by his stupid actions. He has to learn to deal with them.
Thank-You to everyone else who left kind comments, they are much appriecated(sp).
Think before you write

UK

#16 Jan 7, 2011
cold wrote:
Yikes! I was not talking about the sweet lady!
I meant the whole case is "old", like "man, it is old anyway!"
(meaning much time has passed since the incident/accident)
next time I will type more words to be more clear. RIP
Yes the case is old but the pain is still there, and will hurt for a very long time. Do you think the people who knew her would think that this case is old. If people are made aware of the consequences of their actions maybe there would be less cases like these. Its important to keep the public aware of these cases so boys like him hopefully won't speed and drive in the middle of the road.

Since: Jan 11

Montgomery, UK

#17 Jan 11, 2011
This boy needs to grow up and accept the consequences of his actions on that May day. He chose to speed and drive in the centre of that road, and in doing so he killed Jackie just as if he had put a loaded gun to her head! I knew Jackie and her Husband for over 12 years and they are 2 of the nicest people you could wish to meet who are an inspiration to all people they meet. Jackie's Legacy will live on in all the people she met in her lifetime, what will this boy's legacy be?? He took the life of a lovely lady and left a wonderful Man to live the lonely life of a Widower. He should be made to stand trial for Homicide and accept what he has done.
Top Hat

Greencastle, PA

#18 Jan 12, 2011
Sue Roberts wrote:
This boy needs to grow up and accept the consequences of his actions on that May day. He chose to speed and drive in the center of that road, and in doing so he killed Jackie just as if he had put a loaded gun to her head! I knew Jackie and her Husband for over 12 years and they are 2 of the nicest people you could wish to meet who are an inspiration to all people they meet. Jackie's Legacy will live on in all the people she met in her lifetime, what will this boy's legacy be?? He took the life of a lovely lady and left a wonderful Man to live the lonely life of a Widower. He should be made to stand trial for Homicide and accept what he has done.
BULL SH== what are all you people so damn perfect,that you never have made a catastrophic mistake. But then I certain that all the drunks from Maryland Line Bar,Stewartstown VFW and the American Legion that's been involved in same type of indent is OK. You all need to mind your own damn buss.
Truth Hurts

Delta, PA

#19 Jan 12, 2011
Top Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
BULL SH== what are all you people so damn perfect,that you never have made a catastrophic mistake. But then I certain that all the drunks from Maryland Line Bar,Stewartstown VFW and the American Legion that's been involved in same type of indent is OK. You all need to mind your own damn buss.
You're right, I never have made a catastrophic mistake especially one that kills someone. Anyone bother to check the MDJ public record site lately? I did. It seems that after Adam put this woman into a wheelchair he was arrested for providing alcohol to kids. Classy. That sounds like the actions of someone who has learned from the "catastrophic" mistake he made.
Truth Hurts

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2011
Top Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Also according to the MDJ public site Adam has been ticketed twice now for speeding since his "catastrophic" mistake. He's a real learner. I would say he should stay off the road before he kills someone but it's too late for that. You would hope maybe this all has changed him and maybe he has changed... Just not his criminal activities and his bad driving habits. Why should we mind our own business? The victim was only minding her own business when she was struck down by this boy. Sorry to bring up your mistakes Adam. I guess dealing with your actions ruins your good time right? Its a real buzzkill and ruins party time with the kids you like to get drunk with. Grow up and leave this town. Just another one of the homegrown thieving addicts we have around here.

Since: Jan 11

UK

#21 Jan 13, 2011
Top Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have made mistakes, but I have never killed anyone!! As this Lady and her Husband are very dear friends of mine then I consider it is my business, this boy has taken away one of my best friends!
A Friend

Chester, UK

#22 Jan 13, 2011
Top Hat wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this BULL SH==? I doubt everyone here is perfect but none of us have ever said we were. Yes I've made mistakes, plently of them in my time but each time I've learnt from my mistakes and learnt not to do them again. Whereas this boy Adam hasn't learnt at all, he still speeds, been caught twice, no doubt he has done it countless of times and not been caught. A child knows that if s/he makes a mistake to not do it again but as shown by his actions he hasn't grown up enough to learn that you don't do it again. You talk about the drunks being involved in the same incident and that would be fine. News for you IT WOULD NOT BE OK, it is never ever ok to get in a car and drive recklessley and KILL someone. Another news flash for you, Adam wasn't drunk when he decided to show off in his car and KILL someone. He was sober when he drove fast and in the middle of the road, basically showing off to his mates and thought he was invincible, which he was because the person who got KILLED was the innocent party who also kept to speed limits and drove extremly carefully. Why on earth should I mind my own "damn buss", I KNEW HER, did you? Did you know Jackie at all because I highly doubt it because you wouldn't think this way if you did. Jackie was a wonderful lady who was an inspiration to all who knew her. Or is it as I suspect know Adam and think he did nothing wrong. If you don't know either people then why are you getting involved at all, is it because you think you have the right to comment on something that is available to everyone in the world who has access to the internet. If you think you have the right to comment if you don't know either party, then half the people who have commented have more right than you because we knew her and are heartbroken by her loss, so therefore you should mind you own "damn buss". However, I'm not like you and think that everyone has the right to comment on all news topics. This boy needs to face up to the fact that he KILLED someone who was innocent and was extremley well loved by her community and everyone who knew her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Mar '16 Dwitman_no_relation 542
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? (May '15) Mar '16 fittytucker 6
Looking for someone named Lana Sicca Mar '16 ert002 1
News Four years after capture, York County woman and... Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Ex-boyfriend to face trial in kidnapping case (Oct '15) Oct '15 Crosstown 1
Fawn Grove V.F.W. Post 7133 a secret beer joint? (Sep '08) Aug '15 Thomas Monroe 13
New royal farms store (Sep '14) Jul '15 ChixLittle 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages