wont eat at sopranos in stewartstown

Posted in the Stewartstown Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wont eat at Sopranos

Washington, DC

#1 Dec 29, 2009
I went with my four kids for the first time to Sopranos 12/23/09. My kids went in and sat down while I proceeded to order at the counter. I ordered 4 slices of pizza for the kids. Wanting to eat light I ordered a slice for myself whereupon the manager got angry with me for trying to order "off the kids menu" and kicked me and my four children out of the restaurant. I am spreading the word to all. DONT EAT THERE
Bad taste

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Dec 29, 2009
I went there and asked for a cheese steak sub. What I got was horrible. More like a ribeye sub full of fatty tough meat. Also there menu makes it appear like wings are 5.99 AYCE since there is a picture of wings right next to the phrase. Very misleading. I won't go back. It's worth the drive to Red Lion for Golden Crust or Glen Rock Pizza and Joe Messina!
Uncle Vinny

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 30, 2009
Y'all better eat my nephew Tonys pizza! Or I'll break your legs
Pukfan

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2010
We've been pretty happy to date with the service and pizza. Have to laugh at the person with 4 kids who wanted to order "something light" off the kids menu - gimme a break. Kids Menu items are for kids, not adults you cheapskate. Go to walmart and get a whole pizza for $5....
Lora

Jarrettsville, MD

#5 Jan 3, 2010
Ordered pizza for take out.... The pizza was the worst that I have ever eaten. Won't be going back. Walmart pizza puts Soprano's pizza to shame!
Sopranos Owner

York, PA

#6 Jan 4, 2010
The woman with 4 kids first wanted toppings for free on the kids meals. The kids meals with pizza are $2.99, they include a slice of pizza (Full size by the way), french fries and unlimited soda. I was going to let her get away with free toppings as a new business of only 4 weeks but when she ordered a kids meal for herself and noted that there was no age limit printed on the menu, I politely asked her to leave. I understand everyone (Including myself) is looking to save $, but I was not going to be taken advantage of because we just opened. I have never asked a customer to leave any of my restaurants ever for asking for extra items for free but this woman was very disrespectful and obnoxious. Hopefully being honest was on her new years resolution list!
know it all

Forest Hill, MD

#7 Jan 5, 2010
We ate here last month. The people at the counter did not know what they were doing. The stupid TV set by the front counter was so loud you could not think straight. It took forever to get our meal and you could hear the TV in the dining room. When the food did arrive it was good. Would I go back.... No!
counrty boy

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Jan 13, 2010
Damn people stay home and eat. Your all are prolly the same people that bitch cause chic fila is cloed on sundays! I went there and the sub was small but damn good. After all this is stewartstown not a town like miami and it is a pizza shop not ruth chris.
Wont eat at Sopranos

Washington, DC

#9 Jan 26, 2010
BS- free toppings? The "owner" never mentioned anything about free toppings and I didn't ask. In fact, the owner of OPI when asked if i could order off the child's menu he said i could order anything i wanted at any time. Now there's customer service! No one was trying to take advantage of you. Period. I wanted a slice of pizza for crying out loud. Big deal. I was already paying for 4 children. Your loss not mine. Frankly OPI is much better, service is always always over and above (despite the owner being a Steeler's fan [wink]).

W
Sopranos Owner wrote:
The woman with 4 kids first wanted toppings for free on the kids meals. The kids meals with pizza are $2.99, they include a slice of pizza (Full size by the way), french fries and unlimited soda. I was going to let her get away with free toppings as a new business of only 4 weeks but when she ordered a kids meal for herself and noted that there was no age limit printed on the menu, I politely asked her to leave. I understand everyone (Including myself) is looking to save $, but I was not going to be taken advantage of because we just opened. I have never asked a customer to leave any of my restaurants ever for asking for extra items for free but this woman was very disrespectful and obnoxious. Hopefully being honest was on her new years resolution list!
Laughing at Sapranos

Franklin, WI

#10 Jan 26, 2010
Just some observations when my friends went there a while back. I can't remember the name of the sub, but it was 16 bucks, was basically on two hot dog rolls, and had a steak literally on the bun, two cold ravioli pieces, two slices of Kraft american cheese, and almost frozen motz sticks on it. If you DARED to finish it, your name got entered into a drawing to win a free limo ride back to Sapranos. HAHAHAHAHA. Not only is that the lamest prize ever, but i'd rather like Sloth's taint from the Goonies than be subjected to eat the pile-o-dung. OIP forever!
STILL nauseous

Camp Hill, PA

#11 Jan 26, 2010
I actually sampled that tragedy a few months back with a few friends, what a mistake! If I knew before I ordered I was getting a Steakum sandwich I would have just went to Saubels and spent the $2.00 myself for the meat and then used the rest of the money for gas to get to OIP. I'll never look at motz sticks the same again!
nausea for sopranos

York, PA

#12 Jan 29, 2010
i always go to oip i wont never try sopranos
Wont eat at Sopranos

Washington, DC

#13 Jan 29, 2010
LOL at the comments. I heard about those limo rides. Apparently the limo business is the #1 businss and they do food so needed a bigger place to prepare the food for the limos... thus the story goes. Anyway, after being told to leave Sopranos I went to Taylor Haus where I had a wonderful meal with my four kids and paid almost $40! More than I would have paid at Sopranos, but better food and great service (as always). Shame on "the owner" for thinking it was all about money.
nausea for soprano

York, PA

#14 Feb 2, 2010
my frieds try soprano and there or not going back not more
Joke guy

Forest Hill, MD

#15 Feb 3, 2010
nausea for soprano wrote:
my frieds try soprano and there or not going back not more
Hello ..... Can you read and write English? What does this mean? I don't think you even know! Public School, wow what a job they do!
The Post Man

Greencastle, PA

#16 Feb 14, 2010
know it all wrote:
We ate here last month. The people at the counter did not know what they were doing. The stupid TV set by the front counter was so loud you could not think straight. It took forever to get our meal and you could hear the TV in the dining room. When the food did arrive it was good. Would I go back.... No!
We ate here last month. The people at the counter did not know what they were doing.Well who in that town dose ??????????
Pennstate party man

Bronx, NY

#17 Mar 6, 2010
After I panhandle money for beer if I got any money left I head to Sopranos
Horseriding RodeoFan

York, PA

#18 Mar 27, 2010
Sopranos is going to be opening here in York, PA., on Queen Street. I hope it's prices are reasonable and there is a salad bar. We need a place with a salad bar badly ! The pizza buffet places are the way to go, though some don't serve hot beverages such as coffee, nor do they offer soft serve ice cream. Stevie B's which is now Daddy O's is nice but no ice cream anymore. Never served coffee. Come on business entrepreneurs !!!! We could use an IHOP here too, a 7-Eleven, a WAWA, LOL, and the list goes on.:-D
Tired of Baltimorons

York, PA

#19 Mar 29, 2010
Hey you horseriding rodeo fan. I lived in this county all my life, following six generations born in this county. We don't want your 711, Wawa, IHop, or your MD ass up here! Ok! You probably moved here to get away from suburbia and into the county! Well we wanna keep it that way! Ok!! And if your not a Baltimoron and you want all this shit may I direct you to Interstate 83 Southbound, because u can find all those great ammenities south of the border! Thank you, and have a great evening in the country!
Narrowminded Yorkers

York, PA

#20 Mar 30, 2010
Tired of Baltimorons wrote:
Hey you horseriding rodeo fan. I lived in this county all my life, following six generations born in this county.
==========
How do you think Native Americans felt when you moved here ?
==========
I am not from Baltimore, nor Maryland...
==========
We don't want your 711, Wawa, IHop, or your MD ass up here! Ok!
==========
Well, 7/11 is in Hanover, PA., WAWA is in Lancaster, PA, IHOP is owned by those who own Applebee's, so one day...and as far as a Maryland ass? Not mine. You sound like a stick in the mud...do the same thing all of time...malls are built and then stores empty them, local eateries have a bunch of York gossipers in them..Harley Davidsoners sure took money when it was given to them, eh ? Harley didn't need any money.
Going to Maryland is a bit refreshing getting away from the shootings in York.
==========
You probably moved here to get away from suburbia and into the county!
==========
Suburbia ? County ? There are better counties than York -m believe me...and most transients feel that way. I moved here years ago from the east coast....Farmers around here don't have a problem selling their land to those who'll take their money, will they? Heritage Hills ...who needs that ? If you really want to stay in this God-forsaken town-that-thinks-it's-a'city.. .don't forget your bullet-proof vest.
==========
Well we wanna keep it that way! Ok!!
==========
Who is, "We"? You and the mouse in your pocket ?
==========
And if your not a Baltimoron and you want all this shit may I direct you to Interstate 83 Southbound, because u can find all those great ammenities south of the border!
==========
Really? Sounds as though you've had the desire to travel south on I-83 to see what else is out there..away from York...I have yet to see a WAWA, 7/11, etc., in that area...but YOU have.
==========
Thank you, and have a great evening in the country!
==========
It's good that not everyone is like you....WAWA has lower gas prices, 7/11 offers a variety of products that Rutters does not...IHOP...a good variety of pancakes...and where have all of the salad bars gone ? South ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fawn Grove V.F.W. Post 7133 a secret beer joint? (Sep '08) 9 hr Thomas Monroe 13
New royal farms store (Sep '14) Jul '15 ChixLittle 3
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... Jun '15 DWI 1
News Danger in Jim Thorpe? May '15 Midas Touch 4
Old brick building near rail trail in Railroad (Apr '14) May '15 deg17361 2
New Freedom Hobby Shop seeks business grant May '15 deg17361 1
News Former cashier charged with assault says racial... (Feb '11) May '15 BillyBobb 150
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages