Stewartstown low income housing compl...

Stewartstown low income housing complex gets a boost

There are 5 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Apr 25, 2011, titled Stewartstown low income housing complex gets a boost. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Hope Baldwin says you couldn't pay her to live in a city. "I'm a country person," she said, pushing her 1-year-old granddaughter Kaitlyn in a stroller through the grass outside her home in Highland Manor Apartments, a low income housing complex in Stewartstown.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

TooOldToRunForOf fice

York, PA

#1 Apr 25, 2011
Moved in 27 years ago; not trying to better ones station in life in all those years. Why should they, sounds like a good deal! No one EVER subsidized my electric/heat/AC/replaced windows/siding.
Why do they even have an office if no one moves in/out? Park a trailer they secure from York County Prison, since we're subsidizing those folks as well, with better prison housing. How's that for mixing apples with oranges??? There are millions of ideas to save money if one would use common sense!
Daffy

Lewisberry, PA

#2 Apr 25, 2011
Another town that will go to hell.
stewresident

Westminster, MD

#3 Apr 25, 2011
This is a joke no one moves out because they work under the table and have god knows how many other people living with them for free or cheap. oh yeah and lets not forget the drugs. It is a ghetto in the country. Not all the folks there are like that there are some older citizens that do need lower income housing, but not the younger ones. they pay nothing and when you drive out High Street look at the parking lot..........Lexus, new ford explorers, New dodge trucks, VW and volvo! Really do they get free cars to if so NOW i know where my retirement money is going.
societys leeches

York, PA

#4 Apr 25, 2011
Daffy wrote:
Another town that will go to hell.
You meant "WENT" didn't you? The one lady (leech) stated that she has been living in the complex for the past 27 years!!! THEY do not ALL live in CENTER CITIES!!!!!
skroft

White Hall, MD

#5 Apr 27, 2011
what about a playground nothing left for the kids here

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
neighbors house needs saved Apr 16 Fitus T Bluster 2
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Apr 7 Jess 22
News Protesters aim to stop planned Mifflin House demo Feb '17 Steve Gratman 4
Fawn Grove V.F.W. Post 7133 a secret beer joint? (Sep '08) Jan '17 MCBrick 14
News Plymouth railroad locomotives honored on calend... Nov '16 William Mark 1
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Oct '16 jerri Zimmerman 546
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Sep '16 Jonas Johnson 3

Stewartstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages