Parents press for bus driver to be re...

Parents press for bus driver to be removed

There are 29 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Parents press for bus driver to be removed. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Parents are calling for the South Eastern School District to remove a bus driver who was recently found guilty of swearing on school property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
miss understanding

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Sep 7, 2008
just because the bus driver said a few bad words do not mean that he is a danger to the children. I DO NOT THINK THAT HE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM HIS JOB.
StoneCold says So

Dallastown, PA

#23 Sep 7, 2008
Was posted by Stone Cold Cold ?????

Read it very closely
He forever be little’s his drivers. I might work below him but I am not below him I am human and for him to ball all of us out makes our job unreal. We are human and do our jobs right every day ( But if him and his boyfriend argue that day we pay for it.) NOT FAIR. He got less then what he deserved!!!!! Work for him and don't think going to Denise, Steve, and Dave because they have a huge carpet to sweep this kind of thing under. I love my job I love the kids I don't want to leave but I don't want to be belittled. You do something!
I have 1 thing to say everyone who says poor man has never met this man in person. As a bus driver who has worked with this man I have to say you have no idea what he is like. This incident was directed towards another bus driver who ended up quitting because this man is the supervisor for 1 of the 4 bus company's at southeastern school district. He would repeatly swear and bus drivers and belittle them on a daily basis. When reported to the owner of the company which is Red Lion Bus Company he chose not to do anything about this man. They only did something for about 3 months when the contract was up for renewal and they wanted the contract. Then after all was done he went back to his old ways of swearing at bus drivers showing favoritism to his 1 and only favorite bus driver. If you would ask anyone that works for him or has worked for him and they would tell you the same thing. Something needs to be done to him and this is just the start of it. As for Red Lion Bus Company they just swept this under the carpet like it was no big deal. For a company who transports kids in this area they have a huge turnover rate for this reason. Red Lion Bus Company made Him attend an anger management class in August of 2007 and as we can all tell it did no good as this happened in April of 2008. This has been brought to the attention of the Bus company owner, Dennis Warner and The Company Supervisor, Steve Trout, On numerous occasions and they said they would handle the situation. Just in the past 3 yrs he has lost at least 20 bus drivers and had 5 routes removed from the company because they could not keep drivers in that area of the bus company. I drove a route for 2yrs for him that had no steady driver for 3yrs prior to me taking over the route and yes the kids where bad but when it was taken to the school it was handled but when it came to John there was no one to help me with how he treated us bus drivers. I have now moved on to another company who doesn't have a supervisor who treats it's employees this way and listen to your concerns about your job. They also do not belittle drivers on a constant basis As for the rest of the story......the bus company was informed of the incident in question and they did nothing, this was not directed at any student, it was directed at an employee, while on school property, in front of several other adults and one student was in the vicinity....but that is neither here nor there....a boss should not belittle or humiliate an employee in front of another employee....the bus driver that this was directed at was trying to discuss a problem she had that morning and instead of pulling her aside and talking to her in a rational manner he screamed at the top of his lungs and cussed her out and other bus drivers at the same time.
Blu Boy

Dallastown, PA

#24 Sep 7, 2008
miss understanding wrote:
just because the bus driver said a few bad words do not mean that he is a danger to the children. I DO NOT THINK THAT HE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM HIS JOB.
YOU MIGHT WANT READ WHAT STONE COLD HAD TO SAY
Blu Boy

Dallastown, PA

#25 Sep 8, 2008
JAG

This guy should have been fired years ago. He's a liar, rude, and a poor example to students. And yes he cusses worse than a drunken sailor. This incident wasn't the first nor will it be the last. Not only have I heard him swear at students but also make derogatory comments about the student or their family. I had the misfortune of being transported by this jerk for 4 yrs.

I AGREE WITH YOU JAG
Celtic Charm

York, PA

#26 Sep 10, 2008
John Rineholt has been a jerk from day one. When he makes a kindergartner cry because she forgets where her bus stop was is okay right????When he calls a 8 year old white trash because he has holes in his sneakers is okay to. Yep I bet these kids deserved this right. I THINK NOT. Why do you people who do not know this person or the SHIT he has bestowed on little kids not teenagers and the foul language in front of elementary kids none of this is acceptable adn he should be fired.
Ever since he came to this district and started driving there has been major issues with him. Sexual inuendos toward young males........ Yeah I guess this is okay to right. Well lets see how okay it is to people like coach and the others if it was your child.
FIRE HIM !!!!!!!!!! How many more co-workers and children does he need to harass before he goes??????
Fire the Prig

Pottstown, PA

#27 Sep 10, 2008
Argh wrote:
The stated purpose of the executive session is to discuss one person, John. So the definition of 'personnel' meaning persons does not apply.
"Its ....,not an employee issue with us." So the definition of personnel meaning a body of persons employed does not apply.
Sure looks like an end run around sunshine laws.
The board in tasked with employee actions. Employees are PERSONNEL under direct contract with the school district. John is not directly an employee of the Red Lion School District. Personnel covers ALL employees directly under board supervision, whether it be one or twenty-one, therefore the term personnel. Subcontractors are also under the supervision of the Red Lion School Board as well. Suppose a referee stated: "That a f--kin foul, you little ahole". The referee is not a direct employee so this action would be condoned? Or the school milk deliveryman states: "This G-- Damn milk is sour". The board would condone this action. Wow!
The Irishmen

Roxbury, PA

#28 Sep 14, 2008
Well I'm not sure theirs any men on the School Board I think their all Geldings If you know what I’m saying there not one stallion in the bunch.
grandma

AOL

#29 Sep 26, 2008
Don't they have cameras on the buses, to prove the kids did what they are accused of? Why can't they go back and check this fellow out, if he is being rude to the kids, they are still on school property, why can't the school board handle this?
Come on parents stand up for your kids, they are no different than a piano.
Lulu

Brogue, PA

#30 May 14, 2011
Okay, after reading this article I was totally amazed by the fact that they want to fire this person. Take a look at this video showing Southeastern students being dropped off at their homes etc.. Notice that THIS bus driver does nothing to control the outrageous behavior of these "childrn". And if he did, he'd probably be fired too.. THIS is what kids do on the bus (at least in this school ditrict)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) Feb 8 Stoner 548
New Housing Development Jan 27 PDALITE 1
Fawn Grove V.F.W. Post 7133 a secret beer joint? (Sep '08) Jan '18 Anywhere 15
zachary witman "rage turned murder" (Jan '07) Dec '17 Erin 34
News Friends of Fawn Twp. homicide victim call abuse... (May '11) Nov '17 Joe dirt 24
News A look at the family rescued from Taliban-linke... Oct '17 Lucky 1
News Reading & Northern Railroad... Sep '17 YouChewPoop 6

Stewartstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages