Parents press for bus driver to be re...

Parents press for bus driver to be removed

There are 29 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 5, 2008, titled Parents press for bus driver to be removed. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Parents are calling for the South Eastern School District to remove a bus driver who was recently found guilty of swearing on school property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul Harvey

Harrisburg, PA

#1 Sep 5, 2008
Sounds like Red Lion is trying to cover their butts again.
observer

Edgemont, PA

#2 Sep 6, 2008
Please, most students swear like sailors these days, really come on you parents admit the truth, the bus is always full of bad things going on, swearing,bullying,drugs, yes drugs

You act so high and mighty, talk to your kids about there bus ride to and home from school, you'll be surprised what they tell you

I dont know about Mr rhineholts past actions, but this was outside on school property

This is not even worth being in YDR news
coach

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#3 Sep 6, 2008
big deal. like the kids never heard or said a curse word themselves. at least he didn't smack the little brats. why don't these parents worry about something else like the $95000 piano Shank whats to buy for 5 students that have talent and the rest of them who will carve their name in it. the school system is broke. is it to late to get Palin as a superintendent
ustaxpayer

United States

#5 Sep 6, 2008
You parents are ignorant of your little angels. This driver should be allowed to remove your kids when they act irresponsible or arrogant, so you must drive them to school. You would really be pissing then.
Penny

Harrisburg, PA

#6 Sep 6, 2008
ustaxpayer wrote:
You parents are ignorant of your little angels. This driver should be allowed to remove your kids when they act irresponsible or arrogant, so you must drive them to school. You would really be pissing then.
Then there wouldn't be any kids on the bus!!! he he
Paul Harvey

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Sep 6, 2008
This was not against any children....the article never said that he swore at children....this was a supervisor that belittles his employees all the time and Red Lion Bus Co. has NEVER done anything about, and the people that he has belittled took a stand and risked their jobs to make the company say hey "we have a problem here" And when it hits the newspapers they say it's been sensationalized...just them trying to cover up their inaction against a supervisor that is a bully... We have no bullying policies in school why not have no bullying policies in the workplace too.

The parents are concerned because they have complained about his behavior against students but has done no good because the school has to take the word of an adult over the world of a child.....but if he does this to adults working for him what does he do to the children? For everyone defending him did you know that he grabbed a student a choked him last year? The parents complained to the superintendent and all that was done was he had to apologize and go to a one day anger management class? Hey coach what would they do to you if you choked a student? Does his punishment sound like someone trying to protect someone? That is why this is a news story.....an abusive person in charge of children, I know children are not perfect, neither is parents, but you have to ask yourself would you trust you children in his care..........
You Would Never Know

Pottstown, PA

#8 Sep 6, 2008
Yea Paul, he should continue kicking a$$es of little innocent kids on his bus. And kick your a$$ as well. Some of you folks should have attended Military Boot Camp in the old days. Sanitized society. You can all get f--ked.
Sharon J

Scranton, PA

#9 Sep 6, 2008
I have a suggestion. Those 5 families that want the bus driver fired. Gee why don't you drive the bus for a week. Just observe what those "Little Angels" of yours do on a daily basis. Want another eye opener. Go into the bathrooms in the middle school, read the graffiti. Then make your decision about the bus driver.
Bet

Lancaster, PA

#10 Sep 6, 2008
The key in this issue is anger. In my opinion, this man's lack of controling his anger is a danger to the students he has on his bus each day. It is a danger as well to others traveling, who might be on the road with as he drives the bus. How far a step away might a serious act of road rage be, considering what some of the comments have been about this man's temper that have been made in other forums about this story? Sensationalism? I think not. I am disappointed the reporter didn't go deeper and really give a truer picture of what the situation is concerning this bus driver. All of those who have spoken out? I congratulate you for doing so. Keep it up. Don't give in or up. This follow up article speaks to me that someone noticed what you had to say. Isn't there a saying something like it's the squeaky wheel that gets oiled? Keep squeaking!

Since: Aug 08

York, PA

#11 Sep 6, 2008
Sharon J wrote:
I have a suggestion. Those 5 families that want the bus driver fired. Gee why don't you drive the bus for a week. Just observe what those "Little Angels" of yours do on a daily basis. Want another eye opener. Go into the bathrooms in the middle school, read the graffiti. Then make your decision about the bus driver.
Sharon J.
It is better to remain silent and be thought of
as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
Sharon J Fan

Pottstown, PA

#12 Sep 6, 2008
BluIdiot: "It is better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to speak and remove all doubt". Did you ever hear of PLAGIARISM? This trite and overused statement is a testimony to your lack of originality. And Sharon is absolutely right on! You should change your name to BLOW BOY.
Garry Owen

Gardners, PA

#13 Sep 6, 2008
Would the kids have recognized the driver's swear words, if they hadn't heard them first at home, from parents, siblings. neighbors, relatives, friends and media?
Don't point fingers.
Look in the mirror.
That's where we need to make some changes.
(this also applies to the driver)
Wake up

Moscow, PA

#14 Sep 6, 2008
Sounds like your the fool. Sharon J is exactly right moron!
Blu Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharon J.
YDRWatcher

AOL

#15 Sep 6, 2008
Blu Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sharon J.
Boo-Hoo Boy, Have an original thought for once. Sharon did!
UAW 1

Ashland, OH

#16 Sep 6, 2008
he who he tslks about bus driver do not have a clue
the kids are punks like there those that whine
do you want some chese ?
new oxford mother

Gettysburg, PA

#17 Sep 6, 2008
When i read this i thought oh my gosh what next. Like someone else says have you people heard what their kids talk like to other people? I know myself of a kid that his dad is a youth pastor and he does all sorts of things. But he has people fooled thinking he does no wrong. Think again about kids as well you will be surprised so don't get all up in the bus driver case ok

York, PA

#18 Sep 6, 2008
Wake up wrote:
Sounds like your the fool. Sharon J is exactly right moron!
<quoted text>
How this one
I learned a long time ago.Never Argue with an Idiot.They'll only try to drag you down to their level!'

York, PA

#19 Sep 6, 2008
new oxford mother wrote:
When i read this i thought oh my gosh what next. Like someone else says have you people heard what their kids talk like to other people? I know myself of a kid that his dad is a youth pastor and he does all sorts of things. But he has people fooled thinking he does no wrong. Think again about kids as well you will be surprised so don't get all up in the bus driver case ok
I'm a bus driver and I drove for this company and this man. Don't get on Blu Boy's case because he speaks the truth you need to read the complete comments from the beginning on this story. This is what really happened on the day in question.
This was not directed at students, but at the bus drivers over an incident that started in the morning of the day in question. A driver could not get to work due to a sick child. When the driver came in before the afternoon runs and apologized for not being able to get a baby sitter, John did not even acknowledge the driver. The driver left the office and John stated that he " caught ___ in another lie!" This was repeated a second time with the addition of "___ told me this morning that ___ kid was sick. Now ____ tells me that ___ couldn't get a baby sitter. I'll find out the truth cause ___ nephew rides my bus and can't keep his mouth shut." ( Names deleted on purpose ). This driver was told by another driver of the misunderstanding and ___ tried to get it straightened out when all the busses were parked at the school waiting for the students.
A simple misunderstanding was blown out of proprtion once again by John and now you know the rest of the story..........

York, PA

#20 Sep 6, 2008
Blu Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
How this one
I learned a long time ago.Never Argue with an Idiot.They'll only try to drag you down to their level!'
YOU ARE ABSOLUTLY CORRECT BLUBOY!!! They are not bus driver's for Red Lion Bus Company or have worked under John Reinholt or rode his bus. If they did they would now how he really is to his driver's and his students.
Argh

York, PA

#21 Sep 7, 2008
The stated purpose of the executive session is to discuss one person, John. So the definition of 'personnel' meaning persons does not apply.

"Its ....,not an employee issue with us." So the definition of personnel meaning a body of persons employed does not apply.

Sure looks like an end run around sunshine laws.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stewartstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) May 11 Concerned Parent 545
neighbors house needs saved (Oct '16) Apr '17 Fitus T Bluster 2
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Apr '17 Jess 22
News Protesters aim to stop planned Mifflin House demo Feb '17 Steve Gratman 4
Fawn Grove V.F.W. Post 7133 a secret beer joint? (Sep '08) Jan '17 MCBrick 14
News Plymouth railroad locomotives honored on calend... (Nov '16) Nov '16 William Mark 1
News Incumbent district judge has two challengers fo... (Jun '15) Sep '16 Jonas Johnson 3

Stewartstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Stewartstown Mortgages