Bay Bridge repairs proceed faster tha...

Bay Bridge repairs proceed faster than expected

There are 7 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Bay Bridge repairs proceed faster than expected. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Maryland Transportation Authority, which had said repairs on the Bay Bridge could extend well into the fall, is on track to complete work on the eastbound span within two weeks, an official said tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Larry

Queenstown, MD

#1 Sep 4, 2008
I wonder if anybody in state government is giving any thought at all to a new bridge in a different location.
Surf52

White Marsh, MD

#2 Sep 4, 2008
wonder if anybody in state government is giving any thought at all.
Time40

Baltimore, MD

#3 Sep 4, 2008
Shouldnt these "rusted bolts" have been discovered by the "routine" maintenance crew that is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each year?
Aren't they paid to notice things like that on the bridge? If so, has anyone been held accountable?
Tim

Laurel, MD

#4 Sep 4, 2008
It took me 2 hours to get home to Kent Island from work in Annapolis (normally a 30 min commute). MdTA should just eat the cost and open up the toll plazas every time the backup gets to be more than 3 or 4 miles long M-Th afternoons. They did it on Friday last week for 2 hours and it completely cleared the traffic. I'm pretty sure Annapolis has enough in its coffers to kill tolls for a couple weeks to get this done. After all, its their fault this wasn't discovered earlier and worked on a little bit at a time instead of closing 1/3 of the Eastbound capacity 24hrs a day for several weeks.
Sorry

Reston, VA

#5 Sep 4, 2008
Tim wrote:
It took me 2 hours to get home to Kent Island from work in Annapolis (normally a 30 min commute). MdTA should just eat the cost and open up the toll plazas every time the backup gets to be more than 3 or 4 miles long M-Th afternoons. They did it on Friday last week for 2 hours and it completely cleared the traffic. I'm pretty sure Annapolis has enough in its coffers to kill tolls for a couple weeks to get this done. After all, its their fault this wasn't discovered earlier and worked on a little bit at a time instead of closing 1/3 of the Eastbound capacity 24hrs a day for several weeks.
Sorry Tim, haven't you heard? Martin McTaxey decided to raise taxes on EVERYTHING we buy and guess what? Tax revenues are down. Hmmm raise taxes on goods (in a down economy) and people buy less, gee I didn't see that coming.
daily_commuter

Severna Park, MD

#6 Sep 4, 2008
an independatnt study of the bridge needs to take place, because obviously mta is doing a crap job.

Martin McTaxey....thats a good one!
gottapee

Derwood, MD

#7 Sep 4, 2008
This has ruined every drive home since it started. I'd like to give the Gov. a Big Gulp to drink and then start the drive to KI with him in the passenger street. He could enjoy the sights (people cutting in and out, trying to get in the ezpass lanes, ect.) I am sure he would have a whole new perspective on this mess. Billy Don used to call it the $#&!house side of the bay. I guess that still holds true for those in Annaplois.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stevensville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Naval Academy welcomes new superintendent (Jul '14) Jun 20 free ANAT KAMM 14
beth english Jun 16 old classmate rhs 1
News Sheriff's office begins prioritizing heroin-rel... Jun 12 Darkwind 1
News Md. Honors its Fallen Firefighters, Medic Jun 10 Old One 1
News Repeal of 'rain tax' requirement yet to trickle... Jun 1 okimar 3
News Russian Man Volunteers for Head Transplant Jun 1 bunyard 3
Surge in Violence in Baltimore but No Surge in ... May '15 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Stevensville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Stevensville Mortgages