Bay Bridge repairs proceed faster than expected

Full story: Baltimore Sun

The Maryland Transportation Authority, which had said repairs on the Bay Bridge could extend well into the fall, is on track to complete work on the eastbound span within two weeks, an official said tonight.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Sep 4, 2008
Larry

Centreville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I wonder if anybody in state government is giving any thought at all to a new bridge in a different location.
Surf52

Parkville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

wonder if anybody in state government is giving any thought at all.
Time40

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Shouldnt these "rusted bolts" have been discovered by the "routine" maintenance crew that is paid hundreds of thousands of dollars each year?
Aren't they paid to notice things like that on the bridge? If so, has anyone been held accountable?
Tim

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

It took me 2 hours to get home to Kent Island from work in Annapolis (normally a 30 min commute). MdTA should just eat the cost and open up the toll plazas every time the backup gets to be more than 3 or 4 miles long M-Th afternoons. They did it on Friday last week for 2 hours and it completely cleared the traffic. I'm pretty sure Annapolis has enough in its coffers to kill tolls for a couple weeks to get this done. After all, its their fault this wasn't discovered earlier and worked on a little bit at a time instead of closing 1/3 of the Eastbound capacity 24hrs a day for several weeks.
Sorry

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

Tim wrote:
It took me 2 hours to get home to Kent Island from work in Annapolis (normally a 30 min commute). MdTA should just eat the cost and open up the toll plazas every time the backup gets to be more than 3 or 4 miles long M-Th afternoons. They did it on Friday last week for 2 hours and it completely cleared the traffic. I'm pretty sure Annapolis has enough in its coffers to kill tolls for a couple weeks to get this done. After all, its their fault this wasn't discovered earlier and worked on a little bit at a time instead of closing 1/3 of the Eastbound capacity 24hrs a day for several weeks.
Sorry Tim, haven't you heard? Martin McTaxey decided to raise taxes on EVERYTHING we buy and guess what? Tax revenues are down. Hmmm raise taxes on goods (in a down economy) and people buy less, gee I didn't see that coming.
daily_commuter

Annapolis, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

an independatnt study of the bridge needs to take place, because obviously mta is doing a crap job.

Martin McTaxey....thats a good one!
gottapee

Derwood, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

This has ruined every drive home since it started. I'd like to give the Gov. a Big Gulp to drink and then start the drive to KI with him in the passenger street. He could enjoy the sights (people cutting in and out, trying to get in the ezpass lanes, ect.) I am sure he would have a whole new perspective on this mess. Billy Don used to call it the $#&!house side of the bay. I guess that still holds true for those in Annaplois.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stevensville Discussions

Search the Stevensville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Naval Academy welcomes new superintendent 17 hr derfler banksters 3
Brilly Mens Room Jul 24 Operation Greylord 2
The Artist Name of Brilly Jun 30 Really Really 1
Brilly Girls Jun '14 Annie of Denver 1
Who do you support for State Senate in Maryland... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Not in your life 11
MD Who do you support for Governor in Maryland in ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 fyi 185
MD Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Aug '13 Tim the Bagger 43
•••
•••
•••
Stevensville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Stevensville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••