Cold Creek Campground Not Available to Working Americans

Posted in the Stevenson Forum

Labor Day Not a Vacation

Vancouver, WA

#1 Aug 29, 2008
I hope I got the correct department of the DNR, and if I did not please forward this email accordingly.
I would like someone at the DNR to explain to me why the Cold Creek Campground in Clark County was allowed to be reserved on Labor Day when I believe the rules have always been first come first serve. If indeed the DNR decided to allow an exception I would like to know why this was not communicated; not on the web site or on any signs at the campground.
I would like to know why the DNR allowed a hard working American to obtain a camp site, set up camp, obtain fire fuel and then was told TO LEAVE because the entire campground was reserved on Labor Day weekend. Furthermore, I would like to know why my tax dollars paid for an camp site on Labor Day, an American holiday, were I was refused service because it had been reserved by a group of people whom I question were even American citizens. Labor Day is a United States federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September. The holiday originated in 1882 as the Central Labor Union (of New York City) sought to create "a day off for the working citizens". I will repeat, "a day off for the working citizens".
Please respond as I plan to take this up with my congressman, lawyers, news agency and any other hard working American citizen that may listen.
The Peacemaker

Portland, OR

#2 Sep 7, 2009
Assuming that all the facts of this experience were presented accurately, this should certainly be a cause for concern. Any facility that is funded by tax dollars should be available for everyone at reasonable times. Saying that, why not allow wedding parties and the like to have access to smaller facilities, as long as they provide ample warning on recognized and widely available notice boards and websites.

I can imagine the irritation caused by being ejected from a public space after setting up camp. Obviously the event needed to be better sign-posted and perhaps a little grace on the part of the organizers once they realized someone was in a spot. Assuming the event was not Devil-worship, I'm sure inviting the errant camper to the event would have been the polite way to go.

Common sense and manners is a foolproof way to solve any social problem. Perhaps event organizers might consider this before they 'enforce' their "exclusive access" to a public space.
Private Public

Walnut Creek, CA

#3 Jun 27, 2011
For one Coldcreek camp ground is not a fed or state land . It is owned by DNR (private)They open it to Pepole for Public land and they can do what they want ,Are Tax dollars do not keep this camp site up , Peopole like you and me that give are time for free keeps this site up,The camp ground has been closed do to no camp host they also give there time and for return get a free place to park ther rv or trailer .
before you start Complaing about are Tax dollar know who owns the land And what rights we have to use it .
DNR can close it Any Area for what ever reason they want And if you dont follow the rule Steve Will set you straight The DNR police .
Someone that gives time to keep Rift Raff out like you .
banned

AOL

#4 Aug 27, 2011
ELH does not like people driving up her gravel road in the park it upsets her and she calls the sheriff and cries to them her name is Ericka L. Halfpenny the one at the birthing center. ELH's tent is next to the creek she uses to take a bath in every now and then.
Fishing

United States

#6 May 6, 2012
Does anyone know if you can fish in cold creek next to the camp grounds and if you can whats in the creek to catch.
Jane

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Can you park a RV up at Cold Creek campground?
Vancouver Vick

Camas, WA

#8 Apr 9, 2014
I am curious why you thing the DNR is a private organization. It is a government organization and government is funded by tax dollars. Land managed by a government organization like DNR is paid for by tax dollars. Check yer facts Jack!
Private Public wrote:
For one Coldcreek camp ground is not a fed or state land . It is owned by DNR (private)They open it to Pepole for Public land and they can do what they want ,Are Tax dollars do not keep this camp site up , Peopole like you and me that give are time for free keeps this site up,The camp ground has been closed do to no camp host they also give there time and for return get a free place to park ther rv or trailer .
before you start Complaing about are Tax dollar know who owns the land And what rights we have to use it .
DNR can close it Any Area for what ever reason they want And if you dont follow the rule Steve Will set you straight The DNR police .
Someone that gives time to keep Rift Raff out like you .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stevenson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
39th and 140 Oct 17 flaming 1
in need of some black Sep 30 Tormentt 1
Ugly Women Sep 23 The Grammer Police 2
boared (Oct '07) Sep 23 The Grammer Police 3
Kalama [WA] woman breaks silence over lifelong ... (Mar '09) Sep '14 Deborah Brando 1,300
Vancouver, Washington: Best Way To Market Your ... Sep '14 pdxmarketing 1
hows the black scene in vancouver? Aug '14 BabyJay_247 5
Stevenson Dating
Find my Match

Stevenson Jobs

Stevenson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Stevenson News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Stevenson

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]