Sherman McBryar Charged with Torture and Abuse

Full story: WHNT News 19

Investigators in Jackson County say it's one of the worst cases of child abuse they've ever seen.
Comments
421 - 440 of 512 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2013
justme

Trenton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2010

Judged:

I KNOW THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>in fact you are no friend at all even thinking he would ever do anything like this,you are so wrong!!!!
I know him personly and his family and Idont know you and why you are taking up for him when everybody nows he did it if he was so innocent like everybody says then why is he locked up for they had to hve proof of something..
Common Sence

Whitwell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

Judged:

justme wrote:
<quoted text>
I know him personly and his family and Idont know you and why you are taking up for him when everybody nows he did it if he was so innocent like everybody says then why is he locked up for they had to hve proof of something..
The real question is why is she mot locked up also?
annoyed_22

Palmer, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2010

Judged:

Common Sence wrote:
<quoted text>The real question is why is she mot locked up also?
Beacue SHE didn't do anything wrong to those children. SHE was beaten as well. And for those who are trying to take her children...you call yourselves Christians? Trying to take children away from a mother who has done NOTHING WRONG by them? You know just as well as I do that their mother deserves those children. You all know who I am talking about...You knew how Mcbryar was. You knew what he was doing to those children. And did you ever try and fix things? Did you ever try and stop him from doing those things? NO YOU DIDN'T!!! And you now want to try and step in and take those children? How dare you!
More Common Sence

Spring City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

annoyed_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Beacue SHE didn't do anything wrong to those children. SHE was beaten as well. And for those who are trying to take her children...you call yourselves Christians? Trying to take children away from a mother who has done NOTHING WRONG by them? You know just as well as I do that their mother deserves those children. You all know who I am talking about...You knew how Mcbryar was. You knew what he was doing to those children. And did you ever try and fix things? Did you ever try and stop him from doing those things? NO YOU DIDN'T!!! And you now want to try and step in and take those children? How dare you!
BIGGER QUESTION, Why didn't the mother stop him? ANSWER, Because she was part of it.
Facts

Spring City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

More Common Sence wrote:
<quoted text>BIGGER QUESTION, Why didn't the mother stop him? ANSWER, Because she was part of it.
I agree, a real mother will stop at nothing to protect her children and this one stood back let let it happen. Why is she not in jail also??????????
annoyed at u

Spring City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Judged:

annoyed_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well praise God and give him all the glory for someone stepping in and trying to get those kids out of that environment. This truly sounds like an act of GOD. Power to the Christians!
annoyed even more

Spring City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

Facts wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, a real mother will stop at nothing to protect her children and this one stood back let let it happen. Why is she not in jail also??????????
I have heard she worked at Sonic in Scottsboro.With all the police officers and deputies that comes thought there on a daily basis and she let it go on for months without saying a word. Folks something don't smell right here, that is not the actions of a mother concerned about her babies. I think she is just as guilty as he is myself and they need joining cells in jail. I have ate at Sonic and never saw any one in all the time Ive been there that looked like they were beaten by their live in boyfriend.
annoyed beyond belief

Spring City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Judged:

annoyed_22 wrote:
<quoted text>
When you state "a mother who has done NOTHING WRONG by them?" surly your not referring to her standing by and watching her boyfriend repeatedly beat one of their heads against the wall as Mr. Sheriff's candidate has stated are you.
Facts

Bakewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

What's the latest
Justice

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

Has this low life scum sucking dog been sent to the chair yet?
Justice

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

That McBryar family is trash people, simply TRASH, that includes his brother, his father and his grandfather
NEWS

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2011

Heard he was in court Tuesday, whats the latest
Jessica Parker

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2011

Judged:

a deadbeat mother, is just as bad as a deadbeat dad she should have told the police and by not telling them she should be charged with accesory to child abuse and recieve time in jail herself she was infact an adult in the household that could have but failed to report the problem so i do agree with them taking the kids from her, that was selfish of her not to tell.
no one important

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

The criminal complaint against McBryar lays out in explicit detail the allegations of torture involving his two children, including that McBryar took the two and a half year old and "put her in the car seat in the bathroom with three goats and room temperatures being above 90 degrees."

The complaint also claims that McBryar slammed his one and a half-year-old's head into the wall repeatedly, and put a wire tie around her wrist to prevent her from sucking her thumb.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp...
no one important

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Terri Lynn Hughes was a senior in 2001 when her life was taken. She was a cheerleader and a friend to all. We were only months away from graduation when on January 22, 2001 she was shot and killed by her boyfriend. Terri Lynn we all love you and miss you

http://sectiongrads.ning.com/forum/topics/mis...
Classmate

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

Nicole, you need to let Terri rest in peace. You are makeing everyone remember what happened ten years ago, not remembering the person she was. You should consider that everyone is still trying to go on with their lives without her here. Her family deserves the respect of remembering who she was and not what happened. McBryar served his time. Regardless of what everyone thinks that he should have got, the state said what he should serve. What's going on with the his babies has nothing to do with Terri. We miss her too, but we want to remember the time we had with her. McBryar and the mother will get what they deserve, so let it rest.
no one important

Jasper, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

Classmate wrote:
Nicole, you need to let Terri rest in peace. You are makeing everyone remember what happened ten years ago, not remembering the person she was. You should consider that everyone is still trying to go on with their lives without her here. Her family deserves the respect of remembering who she was and not what happened. McBryar served his time. Regardless of what everyone thinks that he should have got, the state said what he should serve. What's going on with the his babies has nothing to do with Terri. We miss her too, but we want to remember the time we had with her. McBryar and the mother will get what they deserve, so let it rest.
That was mean. Apparently this poor girl is still hurting from her death, as is her family, and unless you've lived through the loss of a child, you will NEVER know what they are feeling. They will always remember her the way she "was" but will forever be haunted to what happened to their beautiful daughter!

I for one didn't know he had killed Terri, so this news was a shock to me, maybe it's a good thing that she brought it out! Or people like me would still be thinking this is his only offense!(and let's not forget, if you read a little further back in this post, she was ASKED what he did, because apparently someone else who knew him, didn't know either!)

With that being said, I imagine the family of Terri Lynn Hughes is jumping for joy that this fool has screwed up again & are praying he was on parole & won't see the outside of the cell bars again!

I personally think since he has already taken one life and was in the process of taking two more, that he is a menace to society & should stay behind bars until he breathes his last breath! Or, they could just save the tax payers some money & put him in a 100 degree box with livestock & not feed him for a few days, while tying his hands & feet together the same way he did his babies, then execute him! He's a monster!
concerned

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Judged:

I hear the grandparents now have custody of these two little girls. I here the least on has scars around her little wrist where the monster had the wire ties. I hope they can get over this
BREAKING NEWS

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Here's a story about the Mother of the Child. She was arrested in Scottsboro,Al for drugs. She wanted everyone think she was a perfect mom but here's the link and it's in black and white.

http://thedailysentinel.com/news/police/artic...
Very sad

Coudersport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Perfect my butt. She needs to be under the jail with him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stevenson Discussions

Search the Stevenson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) 1 hr Truth B Told 204
1 Blessing From God Tue Stephen Levi 2
shop rite Jul 29 Digger 12
old biodiesel place B'port Jul 29 Little Pink Houses 3
buzbee (Apr '13) Jul 28 Chevy guy 4
Bport pool Jul 28 Daniel 47
Thomas Hutchins Jul 28 jeffy 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Stevenson Jobs

•••