fishing in sterlington
stan the man

Richmond, VA

#1 Sep 11, 2009
Is there good fishing in Bartholomew Bayou? also could anyone tell me the difference between the Bartholomew bayou and bartholomew lake? and how big are they respectivily ?

Thanks,

New in town and wondering.
Juanita

Monroe, LA

#2 Sep 14, 2009
I'm not sure you'll find anything worth eating in the Bayou-- but you might get caught by an alligator. lol. I think the main difference is the source--- lake and bayou-- lost of green stuff on a bayou. My folks from Missouri say the fish around here tastes dirty-- but to be honest I only eat farm raised fish.
caddy

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Sep 16, 2009
i haven't lived there in over 25 yrs but use to lake darboune near farmerville area or chennie lake in west monroe fishing was ok
caddy

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Sep 16, 2009
most people go over to lake providence best fishing will be found there.

Since: Feb 09

Dillon, SC

#5 Sep 26, 2009
I believe that these waters are highly polluted. So if you eat what you catch eat only fish like Bream. Avoid fish like Bass, White Perch, Blue Channel Cat, that feed on smaller fish. Check with the La Dept of Wildlife and Fisheries for more info on polluted lakes and streams.
Bastropian

Snyder, TX

#6 Sep 26, 2009
stan the man wrote:
Is there good fishing in Bartholomew Bayou? also could anyone tell me the difference between the Bartholomew bayou and bartholomew lake? and how big are they respectivily ?
Thanks,
New in town and wondering.
Hey and welcome to Louisiana. It really depends on what you're after. If you're after bass, crappie or bream try Bartholomew Lake. There are, as far as I know, three launch points on the lake, two free, one pay. I think you'll find the fishing and the scenery fantastic. There is a high mercury content in most of the fish in the area, not just Bartholomew, so don't eat 20 lbs in a month or give it to pregnant women. Bayou Bartholomew on the other hand... I know people who fish here and there on the bayou, but the only thing I've ever caught was some descent catfish and trash fish. As a side note Bayou Bartholomew holds the title for the longest bayou in the United States stretching more than 350 miles from beginning to end. Where it empties into the Ouachita River can be kinda cool looking. The water from the bayou is usually pretty muddy and the river somewhat cleaner. Kinda like an Amazon River looking thing. Anyway enjoy....
chris jans

West Monroe, LA

#7 Mar 31, 2012
me and my brother are going to bayou bartholomew in the morning and looking to catch some bass. Has anyone been to that bayou lately and caught any bass worth keeping. Also what baits are the best to use on the bayou rather than the lake. Ive heard that flukes were good to use on the bayou. If anyone has any advice before daylight in the morning it would be greatly appriciated.
yep yep

Frisco, TX

#8 Apr 3, 2012
chris jans wrote:
me and my brother are going to bayou bartholomew in the morning and looking to catch some bass. Has anyone been to that bayou lately and caught any bass worth keeping. Also what baits are the best to use on the bayou rather than the lake. Ive heard that flukes were good to use on the bayou. If anyone has any advice before daylight in the morning it would be greatly appriciated.
It's way to high for bass fishing. Ur wasting ur time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterlington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pinnacle "crazy" center (Oct '14) 5 hr Zip 16
Tanya Smith Says She Can Fight Inmates And Guar... (Apr '09) Nov 7 Debbiedunn 56
Warning about pastors Andrews & Kellet Nov 1 creepy 1
News Three Men Indicted in Morehouse Parish Cold Cas... (Sep '13) Oct '17 BCOLBERT 3
Diane Risher Sep '17 Richardmay64 1
Lida Benton Elementary School - Monroe, La. (19... (Jun '06) Sep '17 Jason B 10
NEWS MC info (Jan '13) Feb '17 Glenn 5

Sterlington Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sterlington Mortgages