Social Security, Gas Prices, Food Prices and Immigration

Posted in the Sterling Forum

James Woodworth

Baltimore, MD

#1 Jun 21, 2008
Republicans like Bush, McCain and Cheney...

have consistently fought cost-of-living increases for older Americans receiving Social Security (This shows that their tendency is to be greedy and mean-spirited.) And anyone who disagrees is likely to be labeled a “bleeding heart”...

have done NEARLY NOTHING ABOUT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION because they want their rich fat-cat contributors to have plenty of cheap labor available.(Regardless of country, if illegal, it's ILLEGAL!)...

used an $11,000,000,000.00 (ELEVEN BILLION DOLLAR) bailout for the rich (Bear Stearns), but Average people get... THE SHAFT!(8,000 people PER DAY are being foreclosed upon.)

rely on fundraisers like Clayton Williams, a Texas oil man who once JOKED ABOUT RAPE, saying that a women should basically just allow it and enjoy it. The exact quote is...

... "As long as it's inevitable, you might as well LIE BACK AND ENJOY IT." (McCain refused to return the $300,000 that Williams raised.) Again: greedy and mean-spirited.

support economic policies that have sent the dollar plummeting RAISING PRICES for nearly everything. Unchecked speculation in markets drives prices EVEN HIGHER!(No action from the Republicans... again showing their tendency is to be greedy and mean-spirited.)

McCain recently held a fundraising dinner for rich “FAT CATS”... at $2,300 per plate.(To be fair, Barack Obama is charging $500.00 per plate.)

Whether or not you agree with all of the above, it seems to me that McCain/Bush/Cheney Republicans should not be rewarded for the lies about TORTURE, the illegal wiretaps, and letting gasoline get ABOVE FOUR DOLLARS PER GALLON, while letting milk go to about the same price.

Please join the 51% of Americas who are opposing McCain (36% support him). If you can afford it, you might consider sending a contribution to ANY OTHER CANDIDATE OR PARTY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Would Jesus Deport? (Jul '14) Mon swedenforever 24
Review: Largo Marble & Granite (Jun '10) Apr 10 David Lundin 8
Nuru Experiences Mar '15 texmextora 1
News Loudoun firefighters rescue two dogs from icy p... Mar '15 chrissies cleaners 1
Bay Country Lawns is TRUGREEN servicemaster (Sep '09) Jan '15 Truth 43
Review: Vascular Aesthetics and Vascular Surgery (Sep '13) Jan '15 Leachmark707 2
I Caught a Great White Shark! What would you do? Nov '14 Shark Man Jeff 1
More from around the web

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]