Herndon Virginia does a 180-degree turn on Illegal Immigrants

There are 20 comments on the Oct 13, 2006, The Uncooperative Blogger story titled Herndon Virginia does a 180-degree turn on Illegal Immigrants. In it, The Uncooperative Blogger reports that:

Filed under U.S. News & Politics , Illegal Immigration We are seeing more and more of this across the country, thank God.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Uncooperative Blogger.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ilbga

Claymont, DE

#1 Oct 16, 2006
I'm a legal immigrant and I agree completely with getting rid of the illegals that are gang members and have police records. My only concern with all this is that I wouldn't want to be walking in the streets of Herndon and feel like am being persecuted for being a Hispanic. I disagree with a law that doesn't allow illegals to work because all of the people that live in Herndon like it or not get some kind of service done by immigrants. I wouldn't mind to see all white americans serving me at McDonalds or a white american cleaning my bathroom. I would recommend to all the bussinesses in the area to start requesting these people that don't want Hispanics in the area to hire white folks to take over all of their illegal workers current jobs and only then I would be able to say good job white people you're not lazy after all.
Jessica

Leesburg, VA

#2 Oct 16, 2006
I see where you are coming from
ilbga wrote:
I'm a legal immigrant and I agree completely with getting rid of the illegals that are gang members and have police records. My only concern with all this is that I wouldn't want to be walking in the streets of Herndon and feel like am being persecuted for being a Hispanic. I disagree with a law that doesn't allow illegals to work because all of the people that live in Herndon like it or not get some kind of service done by immigrants. I wouldn't mind to see all white americans serving me at McDonalds or a white american cleaning my bathroom. I would recommend to all the bussinesses in the area to start requesting these people that don't want Hispanics in the area to hire white folks to take over all of their illegal workers current jobs and only then I would be able to say good job white people you're not lazy after all.
jim

Herndon, VA

#3 Oct 17, 2006
test
EXJUPITER

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#4 Sep 6, 2007
HEY ilbga!
We don't share or want you type or your culture!
Go back where you came from!
Latina

AOL

#5 Sep 11, 2007
HEY exjupiter!!!

Be a little more respecful to others. Dont be affraid of diferent cultures, you might learn some manners.
Latina

AOL

#6 Sep 11, 2007
EXJUPITER wrote:
HEY ilbga!
We don't share or want you type or your culture!
Go back where you came from!
Dont be affraid of other cultures, you might learn some manner, YOU NEED THEM.
HerndonResident

Rockville, MD

#7 Sep 18, 2007
ilgba - I don't persecute someone because they are hispanic, black, asian or whatever. In fact, your statement about wanting to see all white americans serving you at McDonalds or a white american cleaning your bathroom is just as prejudiced as someone being prejudiced against hispanic, white or asian people. You are no better than they are making that kind of a statement.

I don't care what nationality someone is - if they are illegal they are illegal - period. They don't belong here if they did not come to this country legally - they shouldn't be able to work (federal law by the way), receive public assistance like medicaid/food stamps and be a drain on legal taxpayers or get in-state tuition rates because they in the state (illegally).
HerndonResident

Rockville, MD

#8 Sep 18, 2007
Also, ilgba - your statement about all white people being lazy is very prejudiced. I'm not lazy - I work very hard and have for almost 40 years. Just because I don't work at McDonalds or clean someone's bathroom for them doesn't me I'm lazy.

By the way, I'm a single man in his 50s and I clean my own 3BR/2.5BA home - including the bathrooms.
Andrea Stanford Perez

La Mirada, CA

#9 Dec 5, 2007
That is so racial. Didn't you guys have enough hatred going with my people(African Americans). This has to stop! Grow up and get a life!!!!
Andrea Stanford Perez

La Mirada, CA

#10 Dec 5, 2007
If, you are going to get rid of Illegals then get rid of all of them. Not just Hispanic people. We have people from all over the world that came in on a Visa and never left. But no one is talking about them. Why because Bush does not want to make the Middle East and the Asian countries angry. Well then stop picking on Hispanics and pick on all Illegals!!
Cat

Midlothian, VA

#13 Feb 17, 2008
Latina wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont be affraid of other cultures, you might learn some manner, YOU NEED THEM.
Manners!!! what a joke. I'm not American and since living here the only people I see with no manners are the illegal immigrants.
Jodi

Manassas, VA

#14 Apr 18, 2008
Andrea Stanford Perez wrote:
If, you are going to get rid of Illegals then get rid of all of them. Not just Hispanic people. We have people from all over the world that came in on a Visa and never left. But no one is talking about them. Why because Bush does not want to make the Middle East and the Asian countries angry. Well then stop picking on Hispanics and pick on all Illegals!!
According the the Pew Hispanic Center: 56% of the illegals in this country are Mexicans and 22% are from other Latin American countries. That is 88%! Latinos are the biggest fraction in this problem and the most visible. But most Americans want them ALL gone. They are also the most insulting. Coming here in droves, refusing to assimilate, marching and demanding rights without earning them, and flying the flags of their home countries just for starters.

I don't know why you illegals and illegal supporters complain about Bush so much. He has been pushing all along for "Comprehensive Immigration Reform" which boils down to amnesty. You want someone to blame for his failure in this plan? Blame us tax paying Americans who are fed up and demanding that our representatives respect the will of the people (that IS the way it is supposed to go in this country). Everytime the open border advocates in the Congress have pushed for this amnesty the Americans have stood up and called, faxed and written their representatives and put a stop to it.
reform immigration

Reston, VA

#15 Sep 12, 2008
It is sad to say that most illegal immigrants that work for companies, and receive an actual paycheck, pay social security and federal taxes. They pay the same amount as all other americans are and are contributing to services they can never and will never receive. If a person is paid under the table that may be different. In addition, to a person that has worked in the hospitality and restaurant industry, the majority of people coming in the door to apply are immigrants. This is because the employers are cheap and will only pay wages that most americans scoff at. Would you wash dishes for $7 an hour? I can't pay rent in Herndon on $7 an hour. It is so easy to say "send them back", but they are supporting our economy in many ways. IT is just sad that those that choose to do criminal things like selling drugs or gangs, ruin the chances of the majority of hardworking immigrants out there. Most of them just want to earn the money to help support their families. I think this is a goal that most americans can understand.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#16 Sep 13, 2008
We need to beef up the gov't agency that issues work visa's and processes applications for immigration and residency applications. That way we could have much more *LEGAL* immigration. We have lot's of space and natural resources and it grows our economy. I like immigration.

However, at the same time, we need to punish employers of illegal immigrants. We need to have stricter border controls. And we need to make it difficult for illegal immigrants to survive here in the USA and deport them when they are found.
I do not think it is because I am xenophobic or paranoid about terrorism, but because I believe in HUMAN RIGHTS.

In the USA we have instituted a minimum wage, equal employment laws, occupational safety and health regulations, and some minimal benefits requirements. I'd like to see these increased. I like rewarding people who are willing to work. People who work should earn a living wage and have benefits and fair treatment from employers.

Illegal immigrants in the USA can't complain, so employers in the service and blue collar industries can abuse them, and those employers can also put pressure on legal workers to shut up and take it or be replaced by an illegal.

I don't care whether someone is an immigrant or not, we have lots of space and we need entry level labor and service workers to grow the economy. I don't mind increasing immigration rates. But I *DO NOT* want ILLEGAL immigrants here in my country.

I also think that there is no reason that we couldn't make the immigration/visa application process competitive to some extent. Like applicants to a University... We could accept the best qualified and most desirable immigration applicants based on OUR Country's needs.
debbiejustice50

Lexington Park, MD

#17 Sep 14, 2008
Latina wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont be affraid of other cultures, you might learn some manner, YOU NEED THEM.
maybe you should learn how to type and/or speak English before you blog about how we need manner
debbiejustice50

Lexington Park, MD

#18 Sep 14, 2008
ilbga wrote:
I'm a legal immigrant and I agree completely with getting rid of the illegals that are gang members and have police records. My only concern with all this is that I wouldn't want to be walking in the streets of Herndon and feel like am being persecuted for being a Hispanic. I disagree with a law that doesn't allow illegals to work because all of the people that live in Herndon like it or not get some kind of service done by immigrants. I wouldn't mind to see all white americans serving me at McDonalds or a white american cleaning my bathroom. I would recommend to all the bussinesses in the area to start requesting these people that don't want Hispanics in the area to hire white folks to take over all of their illegal workers current jobs and only then I would be able to say good job white people you're not lazy after all.
you will NEVER have all "white Americans" serving you at a McDonalds, unless they are 16 and in high school, so I guess that's a shame you won't be able to say "good job white people"...are you for real?..oh and once again, learn to speak/type English before you blog about us.
Ann Hill

AOL

#19 Sep 28, 2008
I am not a prejudice person and believe strongly in the U.S. Constitution, but now I keep my doors locked 24/7. I keep a weapon by my bed at all times. From 2 p.m until 4 p.m today, Sunday, I had to listen to blearing Mexican music, 2 houses down from where I live! My windows were closed and I had my television on as the blaring beat of the spanish music vibrated my windows. It use to be I could work in my yard and plant flowers. Now I just hope I will be able to have enough money to leave the house I called home for over 25 years. It is not a safe neighborhood any longer.
David

Owings Mills, MD

#20 Oct 1, 2008
Speak for yourself, ExJupiter. Most of America isn't as close-minded and xenophobic as you.
If you can't handle immigrants and what they bring to our society, you're living on the wrong continent. America is a country of immigrants, and it always has been.
David

Owings Mills, MD

#21 Oct 1, 2008
Over react much?

You keep a gun by your bed because you heard "Mexican music" playing one afternoon?

What is unsafe about somebody playing music?!?

Omigod! My neighbor is playing Sinatra! The Italians are going to kill us all!!!

“*-* (xx)angel(xx) *-*”

Since: Oct 08

Charleston West Virginia

#22 Oct 1, 2008
Mexicans work harder then the whites I hired for day labor hate to say it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay.sex.gkp 14 hr kamal 10
Review: Largo Marble & Granite (Jun '10) Apr 10 David Lundin 8
Nuru Experiences Mar '15 texmextora 1
News Loudoun firefighters rescue two dogs from icy p... Mar '15 chrissies cleaners 1
Bay Country Lawns is TRUGREEN servicemaster (Sep '09) Jan '15 Truth 43
Review: Vascular Aesthetics and Vascular Surgery (Sep '13) Jan '15 Leachmark707 2
I Caught a Great White Shark! What would you do? Nov '14 Shark Man Jeff 1
More from around the web

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]