West Side Development

Posted in the Sterling Forum

Jill Pettit

United States

#1 Jan 26, 2006
I just read the Auburn Citizen's article about the meeting at the Sterling Town Hall regarding Steve Thomas and his proposal to develop the area. Mr. Thomas needs to see the beauty that already exists in that area instead of invisioning houses there. Since he is a business man and a deveploper, I would not expect anything less from him; he fails to realize that not everything needs to be changed and developed into something it was not meant to be.As for walking alone on the west side, I have done it for years and have never felt unsafe or threatened by anyone there. However, I have felt unsafe walking on the Oswego Campus after taking a night course! I believe that if allowed, the situation will turn into a 'slippery slope', it will be a matter of time until the public will no longer be allowed to enjoy the beauty and the serenity of the area. As for Mr. Thomas claiming that the vandalism has hurt his business, he failed to mention that many of his boaters left the marina due to docking fees being raised, and some of the vandalism came from his OWN renters!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ken skinner Sat guess whoo 1
Taco Bell and county standards. (Nov '12) Feb 26 CrazyWVaGal 8
Nude places Feb 26 CrazyWVaGal 2
Three State Parole Officers Under Arrest Feb 13 Streetrunner 11
Review: Ultimate Collision Repair Jan '15 maryhadalittlelamb 1
More than 1,000 pack Westbury school to oppose ... Jan '15 McNamara 1
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec '14 Angelina 8
Sterling Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web