House vote to hike Mass. gas tax leaves few cheering

Apr 10, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lowell Sun

Some lawmakers think it is too much; others have condemned it as too little. Gasoline dealers think it will hurt business.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
EYEBALLCHAMBERS

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

note how they never vote to lower freebie handouts to sec8 welfare and ebt freeloaders!? nope they will continue to suckle off the working taxpayers and be allowed to continue to eat steak lobsters and shrimp and buy new cars while we live off of Raman noodles bologna and drive beatboxes!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

What is public transportation and why do I have to pay for it? We don't have state provided public transportation in my town. I don't use the 'T' but I guess I have to fund it so people that do use it can have people that don't use it pay part of their fare. I'm a big supporter of user fees. I think they should raise the gas tax another 10 cents so I can get 50% discounts at the super market and the utility companies.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Starting today I'll buy my gas in NH. Thanks to Colleen Gary for her no vote.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
Starting today I'll buy my gas in NH. Thanks to Colleen Gary for her no vote.
"A recent report from the Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center estimated that if the gasoline tax had been indexed to inflation in 1991, it would be 36 cents per gallon today."

http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-gasoli...

MA now has a gas tax of 24 cents a gallon, NH has a gas tax of 19.6 cents a gallon.

You're really going to drive to NH to buys gas for a savings of 4.4 cents per gallon? On an average tank of 16 gallons that would amount to 70.4 cents. You are not the brightest, are you Wondering?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
"A recent report from the Massachusetts Budget and Policy Center estimated that if the gasoline tax had been indexed to inflation in 1991, it would be 36 cents per gallon today."
http://taxfoundation.org/article/state-gasoli...
MA now has a gas tax of 24 cents a gallon, NH has a gas tax of 19.6 cents a gallon.
You're really going to drive to NH to buys gas for a savings of 4.4 cents per gallon? On an average tank of 16 gallons that would amount to 70.4 cents. You are not the brightest, are you Wondering?
1. If they raise the tax the savings would be 7.4 cents, not 4.4 cents. An arithmetic wiz you aren't.
2. My town borders NH. I'm there 2 or 3 times each week anyway.
3. Beyond the 7.4 cents, it's a decision on who gets the tax.

Now get back to your alphabet blocks. Build something nice for your Mom.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Sterling News Video

•••
•••

Sterling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE