A busy month on Beacon Hill - Sentine...

A busy month on Beacon Hill - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 3 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Aug 11, 2009, titled A busy month on Beacon Hill - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The month of July proved to be extremely busy on Beacon Hill. The Senate worked on various legislative proposals and many budget items.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Gusto Teacher

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Aug 11, 2009
Dear Senator Flanagan, On behalf of my fellow Granite State business owners, I want to thank you, your legislative colleagues and the governor for the 25% increase in the Massachusetts sales tax. The increased business from Massachusetts means I can add 2 new full time and 2 new part time staff positions between now and the end of the year. Our local paper has help wanted ads as well as ads from my company and several others who only a year ago were cutting back. Please, keep up the great work!
small town dust

AOL

#2 Aug 11, 2009
Big Thanks to Senator flanagan and the rest for cutting state aid to smaller towns then imposing meals tax increase that will NOT benefit the same smaller towns but only cities.
I realize you may not need our votes to be re elected, but we will remember you each and every time we pay that higher cost at restaurants in Leominster or Fitchburg which they will keep top run their city as out schools and public safety struggle.
Luther Manning

Gloucester, MA

#3 Aug 11, 2009
Noticed some Cities and Towns are raising the meals and hotel taxes to make ends meet. Thanks again to our local reps/senators for making it harder for people to make ends meet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A message from one who's flying high: You can too Nov 13 Dave 1
Best Buy (Sep '16) Nov 7 Craig Roberts 7
News Police: Leominster man admits 'road-rage' assault (Oct '16) Nov 6 Someoneisme 6
News Lawyer: Mayor retaliated - Sentinel & Enterprise (Sep '10) Oct 26 Mitch 215
News Asking Leominster Mayor Mazzarella to resign - ... (Mar '10) Oct 25 concerned citizen 32
News Mass. rounds up state's 26 pitches for Amazon's... Oct 24 The Worlds Bigges... 5
News Fitchburg pair charged with attempted murder af... Oct '17 Mitch 3

Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sterling Mortgages