A busy month on Beacon Hill - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

The month of July proved to be extremely busy on Beacon Hill. The Senate worked on various legislative proposals and many budget items.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 11, 2009
Gusto Teacher

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Dear Senator Flanagan, On behalf of my fellow Granite State business owners, I want to thank you, your legislative colleagues and the governor for the 25% increase in the Massachusetts sales tax. The increased business from Massachusetts means I can add 2 new full time and 2 new part time staff positions between now and the end of the year. Our local paper has help wanted ads as well as ads from my company and several others who only a year ago were cutting back. Please, keep up the great work!
small town dust

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Big Thanks to Senator flanagan and the rest for cutting state aid to smaller towns then imposing meals tax increase that will NOT benefit the same smaller towns but only cities.
I realize you may not need our votes to be re elected, but we will remember you each and every time we pay that higher cost at restaurants in Leominster or Fitchburg which they will keep top run their city as out schools and public safety struggle.
Luther Manning

Brookfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2009

Noticed some Cities and Towns are raising the meals and hotel taxes to make ends meet. Thanks again to our local reps/senators for making it harder for people to make ends meet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Sterling News Video

•••
•••

Sterling Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE