Selectmen: Greenlight car auction

Full story: Lowell Sun

An auto-auction business proposed off Treble Cove Road promises to bring 250 jobs and much-needed tax revenue to Billerica.
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2010
Jim

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Apr 27, 2010
It's usually pretty obvious if a traffic problem is going to occur if a business or development comes in.

"Experts" are ususally clueless when they do their studies, and in most cases will recommend something that only makes things worst.

Just look anywhere around the state, and you have to wonder who was the crazy one that designed this, or approved something going in when it was obvious that it was going to be a problem.
Perfect

Billerica, MA

#2 Apr 27, 2010
Billerica is perfect for this type of business...thank God for Bricca...I'm sure they are racing down the Asphalt project we just booted from Westford. lol
Open your Eyes

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Apr 27, 2010
Perfect wrote:
Billerica is perfect for this type of business...thank God for Bricca...I'm sure they are racing down the Asphalt project we just booted from Westford. lol
Time to remove your head from your rectal cavity, unless you are an attorney who would like to suck more money out of the asphalt plant people’s pockets

As I laugh at snobs in this valley because the snobbier they are the more clueless they are!

ROFL
pete

Dracut, MA

#4 Apr 27, 2010
I Thought the board was already to go ahead and approve the permit when in swoops Bob Casey who had been watching the meeting at home and pleaded with the board to have a peer review done so the permits would be delayed a long as possible. If I was Mr. Lamb I wouldn't get my hopes up because I'm sure the planning board will find a way to ax the development
NONAME

Lowell, MA

#5 Apr 27, 2010
i would'nt build a s*** house in badllerica/billerica
Billerica Native

Billerica, MA

#6 Apr 27, 2010
wait until conservation commission breaks their balls
rich from billerica

Lowell, MA

#7 Apr 28, 2010
billerica needs the tax money for this
more of the same

Worcester, MA

#8 Apr 28, 2010
this is a dog of a way to get tax revenue...heavy traffic, pollution...4 of 5 selectmen lack vision...continuing to puch for projects that promote the Dump it in Billerica slogan drives down all of our property values...
Delays

Maynard, MA

#9 Apr 28, 2010
pete wrote:
I Thought the board was already to go ahead and approve the permit when in swoops Bob Casey who had been watching the meeting at home and pleaded with the board to have a peer review done so the permits would be delayed a long as possible. If I was Mr. Lamb I wouldn't get my hopes up because I'm sure the planning board will find a way to ax the development
Is this the same Bob who is also trying to delay the building of the new school?
Billerica Native

Billerica, MA

#10 Apr 29, 2010
Casey is so worried about everyone following the bylaws and rules, perhaps he should look around his own house and straighten out his current building code violation first.
Longtime Resident

Waltham, MA

#11 Apr 30, 2010
Billerica Native wrote:
Casey is so worried about everyone following the bylaws and rules, perhaps he should look around his own house and straighten out his current building code violation first.
.....And it's time for him to resign from the Building committee. As a direct abutter to the project, he has another conflict of interest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thief grabs cash box at Leominster farm stand 11 hr Tim 4
Man charged with assaulting ex-girlfriend - Sen... (Sep '09) Fri Karen 67
Fitchburg Market Basket workers elated to be back Thu Karen 1
Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical High... Aug 24 Karen 1
Suicide Prevention 'Ride of Your Life' is today Aug 24 jtn 2
Rotarians host another spirited food and brewfe... Aug 23 Jerry 2
McNutt begins work as Lancaster town administrator Aug 22 Jtn 3
•••

Sterling News Video

•••