Ghosts of Christmas past - Sentinel & Enterprise

SENTINEL & ENTERPRISE / BRETT CRAWFORD Bella DaMauro of Sterling talks about how differently Christmas was celebrated when she was a child at the Leominster Senior Center. Full Story
FYI

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Dec 21, 2010
It's quite obvious "leave" doesn't know the true meaning of christmas either. And those PR's ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS, they are NOT Immigrants. Go back to school and learn some US history. Give it a break, the demise of holiday spirit isn't the fault of politicians. But it is people like you who perpetuate the hate.

Have a wonderful Christmas.
toobad

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Dec 21, 2010
FYI You are co rite about the PR'S They are Citizens, But in a way you are wrong about the Politicians, Christmas is a wonderful time at Home, and it should be a pleasant time in your City, hundreds of houses are decorated and so on.
But the powers to be in Fitchburg { Politicians]
made this City, no decoration on the street light, No decoration on or in City Hall, No christmas trees down town. Do to our POLITITIANS
Phil

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Dec 21, 2010
Too Bad writes.."no decoration on street light." Which light would you like the decoration on. Is it in Moran Square or one opposite Fox Street. If you only want one that might be manageable. No decoration on city hall....That's a given...Ask the Mayor or the building department if you know who's in charge.....It ain't the politicians it's the management....You do have a partial point "Too Bad.
toobad

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Dec 21, 2010
Phil wrote:
Too Bad writes.."no decoration on street light." Which light would you like the decoration on. Is it in Moran Square or one opposite Fox Street. If you only want one that might be manageable. No decoration on city hall....That's a given...Ask the Mayor or the building department if you know who's in charge.....It ain't the politicians it's the management....You do have a partial point "Too Bad.
No 1 It is not the City lights i was Talking about Sorry i mean Unitil Lights, I mean the City owned lights on main street that are on. I was told that All the x-mas decoration and lights where at the Senior Ctr. And i think if you check, the front office said no to decorations. Watch the replies on this It does'nt cost a lot to Decorate main street.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fattman cries foul over defaced signs Oct 22 Tammy 37
Do you approve of Jennifer Flanagan as State Se... (Nov '11) Oct 21 Harold Lennerton 3
Debate: Gay Marriage - Holden, MA (Jan '12) Oct 20 Brian_G 22
Family mourns loss of young mother devoted to b... (Jul '09) Oct 19 Kevin Lynch 41
Review: Trespass Towing Oct 16 kathyd 1
SJC HVAC . Are they incompetent and do lousy work Oct 12 Rob 1
will jtn be employed in 2014? (Mar '14) Oct 12 Frederico 9

Sterling News Video

Sterling Dating
Find my Match

Sterling Jobs

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sterling News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sterling

Personal Finance