Commission chairman addresses 'problem with intoxicated people'...

The Leominster License Commission may consider requiring city bars to close earlier in order to stop a recent trend of people getting over-served, according to chairman Paul Leblanc. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
chamelion

Clearwater, FL

#62 Dec 10, 2008
Andy Rome was cited for over crowding and made to apologize to the building inspector for his blatant disrespect for his authority.
Now ask if Andy Rome has complied ... Nope this place is wall to wall people, you can't walk sometimes in this place its so bad.
Marty It is seemingly obvious that you are a heartless used car saleman. To beable to convince a senior citizen that he can make so much money from buying Romes club and if he followed Romes advice he had a gold mind... disgusting in my book. Marty if you don't know your facts posses the restraint to shut up and listen, or research your facts. Hurry up turn to CNN there doing a story on Cow Tipping more your speed.
Marty

Windham, NH

#63 Dec 10, 2008
chamelion wrote:
Andy Rome was cited for over crowding and made to apologize to the building inspector for his blatant disrespect for his authority.
Now ask if Andy Rome has complied ... Nope this place is wall to wall people, you can't walk sometimes in this place its so bad.
Marty It is seemingly obvious that you are a heartless used car saleman. To beable to convince a senior citizen that he can make so much money from buying Romes club and if he followed Romes advice he had a gold mind... disgusting in my book. Marty if you don't know your facts posses the restraint to shut up and listen, or research your facts. Hurry up turn to CNN there doing a story on Cow Tipping more your speed.
Were you involved in the negotiations of the sale? How do you know so much about Rome's selling tactics?

From what I have read the old man and HIS son went into business together. If neither of them were smart enough to do an accurate audit of the business and hire an outside business appraiser, it is their own fault.
If they were making a fortune nobody would be crying about Mr. Rome selling the business.

It sounds like they didn't run a good business. It is 100% their own fault.
stan riley

Boston, MA

#64 Dec 10, 2008
Let's get off Andy Rhome. The guy is the only owner of a bar, in Leominster, who keeps things clean and creates an enjoyable atmosphere. It's the only place you can go where some punk won't bother you with his hat on backwards and his boxers hanging from his pants. Why? Cause Andy won't have that garbage. He keeps a great social atmosphere and doesn't hesitate to stop any trouble: Before it happens. All the drugs, gambling, puke, fights, germ infested establishments are all over the place. But not at Classics.
Leominster citizen

Ayer, MA

#65 Dec 10, 2008
Marty wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you involved in the negotiations of the sale? How do you know so much about Rome's selling tactics?
From what I have read the old man and HIS son went into business together. If neither of them were smart enough to do an accurate audit of the business and hire an outside business appraiser, it is their own fault.
If they were making a fortune nobody would be crying about Mr. Rome selling the business.
It sounds like they didn't run a good business. It is 100% their own fault.
I completely agree. The old man and his son were frequent customers of Liquids BEFORE they bought it. They knew business was bad there and that it hadn't been making any money. They still agreed to buy it thinking they could turn things around. That's not Andy's fault. They knew full well what they were getting into.
Bobby V

Santa Clara, CA

#66 Dec 10, 2008
Andy runs a top notch place and any signs of trouble he always has the police there. Seems to me there is alot of bitterness with some of the comments made. I am sure the comments made by the board were taken out of context like most things in the media these days.
jimmy Baggadonuts

Natick, MA

#67 Dec 10, 2008
Andy Rome runs a good bar. I think the morons that are ont he take...I mean...the committee are the real issue. these people are not elected officials, hence they have little accountability yet they are allowed to not only make rules on our entertainment choices, but also our morality. F Them
stan riley

Boston, MA

#68 Dec 10, 2008
Maybe Andy Rhome needs to fill up the commissioners stockings this christmas so that they'll get off his back. Oh no, they would never accept any "gratuities" we all know how upstanding they are.
Pipers Pit

Boston, MA

#69 Dec 10, 2008
Bobby V wrote:
Andy runs a top notch place and any signs of trouble he always has the police there. Seems to me there is alot of bitterness with some of the comments made. I am sure the comments made by the board were taken out of context like most things in the media these days.
What are you on the editorial board at city hall? Or maybe you're one of the lounge acts that bores Classics customers every Sunday night. Either way, your comment is weak and too vanilla.
Anthony S

Santa Clara, CA

#70 Dec 10, 2008
I use to go there 2 years ago and it was always a friendly feel good place. I've since have moved on from the bar scene but Andy is a good guy who doesn't deserve to be treated this way.
Ben Dover

Natick, MA

#71 Dec 10, 2008
I like to go to classics, see all the fake people in Leominster, and sing Kaoraoke. Andy is a good guy, and always tells me funny jokes.
The Sad Clown

Natick, MA

#72 Dec 10, 2008
Pipers Pit wrote:
<quoted text> What are you on the editorial board at city hall? Or maybe you're one of the lounge acts that bores Classics customers every Sunday night. Either way, your comment is weak and too vanilla.
Mr Piper Pit:

why be a hater? Mr Bobby V had inciteful comments and sings a helluva good Englebert Humperdink. It's people like you that make me a sad clown. we need more people like Bobby.
Bobby V

Santa Clara, CA

#73 Dec 10, 2008
As said by earlier posters no need for personal attacks. Bottom line Andy's place is one of the better places to go in the whole Leominster Fitchburg area and I'm sure this whole situation will be taken care of.
Leominster citizen

Ayer, MA

#74 Dec 10, 2008
Pipers Pit wrote:
<quoted text> What are you on the editorial board at city hall? Or maybe you're one of the lounge acts that bores Classics customers every Sunday night. Either way, your comment is weak and too vanilla.
If the Classic's customers are so bored on Sunday nights then why do they continue to come back? Can't be that bad. The fact that your only reply is to launch a personal attack is "weak and too vanilla"...whatever the heck that means...
Lizard

AOL

#75 Dec 10, 2008
Bobby V wrote:
As said by earlier posters no need for personal attacks. Bottom line Andy's place is one of the better places to go in the whole Leominster Fitchburg area and I'm sure this whole situation will be taken care of.
Amen
stan riley

Boston, MA

#76 Dec 10, 2008
Anthony S wrote:
I use to go there 2 years ago and it was always a friendly feel good place. I've since have moved on from the bar scene but Andy is a good guy who doesn't deserve to be treated this way.
I remember you. You started a bar tab and conveniently forgot to pay it. Good job though when you sang SHIPOOPY
debee

Fitchburg, MA

#77 Dec 11, 2008
The hour the bar closes is not the issue. It's the patrons who drink to intoxication and then drive.
Leominster and Fitchburg are dead enough as it is when it comes to nightlife. If you're going to shut them down at 1230am, then you might as well be putting them out of business. People will go to Worcester or other towns to socialize.
leominster waitress

Worcester, MA

#78 Jan 16, 2009
I've been to Classic's about 20 - 30 times over the past year. It's a wonderful environment when you walk in with 20-30 people in there! Nice atmosphere and comfortable! It does tend to be a 30+ age group for the most part and often it is more like 40+. On a thursday night I wouldn't hesitate to join some girlfriends or just my husband for a drink there.
On the weekends it's a whole different story!! There is always live music which is nice but it's too small to dance and as a female walking through the crowd it is imposible to walk through the room with out getting guys touching my butt or sticking elbows out that 'accidently' rub against my chest. Very often there is NO room to sit or stand and you are forced to leave or stand over by the bathrooms. Speaking of the bathrooms...there are two single bathrooms - one for men and one for women. That's a hassle in itself but one night when my friends and I had parked out back (because the from lot was full) we walked around the corner to find two guys (facing opposite directions) watering the pavement because they couldn't wait for the bathroom (one of them was our dear friend Andy).
Andy Rome is a friendly, energetic and easy to like guy in general. I've never seen him let someone drink for free and he strongly discourages those who like to have the boxers around thir knees...though with the women ANYTHING goes. Speaking of women and Andy...if you are female and head to Classics...prepare yourself. Andy is a PIG! I've seen him grab asses of men and women and I've watched him grab a couple of men's crotches as a joke too. He makes lewd and disgusting jokes. He hits on anything half way decent looking that miht get away with wearing a skirt. He laughs and hangs on you. He is very loud. AS the night goes on he gets worse. Why is that? Because the ONLY person that drinks for free at Classic's is ANDY...and a lot!
Andy and drinks...Andy himself has told my husband and I stories about times he's had too much to drink at classics. Times where he used the ladies room and was so drunk he completely missed the toilet and the woman who went in next came out yelling at him about sitting on a wet seat (he thought that was hysterical), about how much he ahd to drink before and during a play he did this past christmas and how he could barely remember his lines and almsot fell off stage (my understanding was this was supposed to be a family event he was falling down drunk at). Those are just a couple. Just be warned if you see andy drinking...who knows what he'll do!!
leominster waitress

Worcester, MA

#79 Jan 16, 2009
In regards to after hour drinking....I can say from personal experience that Classic's has no qualms about serving after the shut off hour. He has even encouraged my friends and I to stay past two and have a drink with him and his friends. We declined (mainly because we are all about 20 years younger than him and his friends).
In closing on Andy Rome, he is a nice guy that is easily liked in small doses. CLassic's is a nice place that I love to go to monday - thursday. But everyone has a darker side and Andy's comes out when the alcohol starts pouring. HE is also very moody and emotional and if found in a bad mood is likely to SCREAM at anyone that irratates him (employees and customers alike). Enjoy a drink at Classics if you'd like but on Friday and Saturday get out of there by 8pm and becareful with Andy Rome.
In regards to bars in general...very few places worry about how much their customers are drinking. They worry about them drinking too much and getting fined for it but they don't worry abotu their customers. SOME places have limits they hold to but bartenders and waitresses get paid VERY little money and only make their living if you rack up a good tab and leave a good tip. He you only have a couple of drinks then most likely they only make a couple of dollars...so...they let you have more so they can make more. What hour they close doesn't make a difference except the later they are the more customers they can get because everywhere else is closed. At 1:15am Classics gets a new wave of customers because other places have closed and I promsie those people get served at Classics. They want to cut back on problems....require all places to be closed at the same time. We can not blame the owners of these places because the owners don't serve the people but at classics the owner happens to be the encourager of the 'just one more drink'. We can not blame the bartenders because maybe the waitresses served him first or afer so they have no idea, we can not blame the waitresses because sometimes the bartenders put more alcohol in these drinks then they should - the establishment as a whole is responsible. We as the consumer are responsible and we as the friends are responsible. KNOW WHEN TO SAY NO AND WHEN YOU'VE HAD ENOUGH!
Places that serve free soda to the designated drivers as long as they are with one person drinking alcohol tend to do very well and have less problems. Those places attract responsible people that are out to have a good time without going over board. Perhaps our local establishments shoudl consider it. One place I went to like this even did breath tests on the 'designated driver' and explained to me that they were making sure that friends were not sharing dirnks and we were not using nips in our free soda. My friends and I had a BLAST that night and all made it home safely and no one got into fights. I wish more places did that!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GoLocalWorcester | News | Fitchburg Police Offi... 12 hr BillyBob 92
Fitchburg teens selling lunches for their colle... Mon Jtn 1
Leominster Police: Pepper shaker thrown during ... (Nov '08) Mar 1 The Kernal 56
2 arrested on drug charges - Sentinel & Enterprise (Mar '09) Feb 27 Tommy 25
Fitchburg woman, 21, dies from injuries from pl... Feb 24 Missed it 20
Locals to pitch business plans in MWCC contest ... Feb 23 Jtn 1
where is Jennifer Wade (Camas)at these days? Feb 20 Jessica 3

Sterling News Video

Sterling Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sterling People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]