Candidate for superintendent job stre...

Candidate for superintendent job stresses student performance -...

There are 13 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 8, 2010, titled Candidate for superintendent job stresses student performance -.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Honesty, integrity and transparency are the core values Susan Hitchcock, Ashburnham-Westminster schools superintendent finalist, promises to bring to the school district if appointed by the School Committee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

hey

United States

#1 Apr 8, 2010
We need her back here in Leominster she was great to bad she was driven out by the beast.
who knew

Leominster, MA

#2 Apr 8, 2010
"I believe to be an efficient, well functioning school system, you need all the support of town officials, parents and residents,"

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com/ci_14843...

Transparency and involved parents are way too complicated for Leominster. I can see why she left with her crazy ideas of involved parents and community support of the school system.
fed up

Lancaster, MA

#3 Apr 8, 2010
please, Leominster, you think she was better than what we have now? YOu are crazy!!!! She was the most deceitful, overhanded, controlling person I have ever met or had to deal with. She constantly hid behind the lawyers in Boston, and she could care less about your child only her career. Why do you think we had to clean up so many problems after the Quality Review done by the State every 6 years and then re-visited every four years. This is the first time, last year, that we had no civil right complaints files against Leominster Schools. We are still undoing all the wrong that she did and then hid in the "paperwork", She intimidated parents and students in meetings that she held. Get a grip Ashburnham, she has nothing to give you and if you don't vote her way, she will up and quit and stomp her feet and call her lawyers. Good riddance to Susan Hitchcock better known by the ones who dealt with her as "LIPS" because that is all she did "flap her lips". Believe me, I am not a Binkley supporter by any means and am very happy that she is leaving but why is Susan applying for the job here in Leominster? Good question, it is because of all the sneaky, illegal and underhanded things that she did while she was here. That's why.
man oh man

Ashburnham, MA

#4 Apr 8, 2010
Honesty, integrity and transparency. 3 words unknown to AWRSD. She won't get the job for sure!
Go Susan

Leominster, MA

#5 Apr 8, 2010
FED UP:
You don't know what you are talking about.. Susan was the best thing that ever happened in Leominster. She cared about students, parents, staff and brought many programs here that no other towns offer. The lawyers you speak of are still being used by our staff even though Susan is gone. There are more complaints and lawsuits than ever before in Leominster, the morale of staff is at an all time low, now we are facing budgets cuts while the POWERS TO BE are still spending like drunken sailors and taking their high paying salaries that they are not qualified to receive.
Citizen

Leominster, MA

#6 Apr 8, 2010
fed up wrote:
please, Leominster, you think she was better than what we have now? YOu are crazy!!!! She was the most deceitful, overhanded, controlling person I have ever met or had to deal with. She constantly hid behind the lawyers in Boston, and she could care less about your child only her career. Why do you think we had to clean up so many problems after the Quality Review done by the State every 6 years and then re-visited every four years. This is the first time, last year, that we had no civil right complaints files against Leominster Schools. We are still undoing all the wrong that she did and then hid in the "paperwork", She intimidated parents and students in meetings that she held. Get a grip Ashburnham, she has nothing to give you and if you don't vote her way, she will up and quit and stomp her feet and call her lawyers. Good riddance to Susan Hitchcock better known by the ones who dealt with her as "LIPS" because that is all she did "flap her lips". Believe me, I am not a Binkley supporter by any means and am very happy that she is leaving but why is Susan applying for the job here in Leominster? Good question, it is because of all the sneaky, illegal and underhanded things that she did while she was here. That's why.
I don't know what planet you are on Pal but you really need to read the story before you start bad mouthing anyone.
Number 1 clown, She is not appling for the job in Leominster but Ashburnham.
And number 2 clown, Who the He ll are you to be bad mothing someone was was enterily dedicated to the Leominster school system and only left because she was Teroized by the witch in charg the BINKSTER.
You really need to back off and get your facts straight before you run off at the mouth like that.
who knew

Leominster, MA

#7 Apr 8, 2010
Wow who knew one woman could subvert everyone elses (weak and uncoordinated) efforts to better the Leominster school system. One person (who was not even it the highest authority position) was all it took to derail the whole Leominster public school system. Wouldn't you think a vilanous person in a building filled with such dedicated professionals would not be able to do that much damage? I wonder what those other profesionals were doing that all this illegal stuff could continue for so long and this person isn't in jail.

Wow now I am worried of the other things that may be going on in the schools that no one seems to notice until lots of damage is done?
fed up

Lancaster, MA

#8 Apr 8, 2010
I personally know what I am talking about because I worked for Leominster Public Schools and if you had read my entire post, I know she is applying for Ashburnham and if she had so much support here in great Leominster then why doesn't she apply for Binkley's job. Like I said, I am no fan of Binkley and none of you know what is really going on as far as lawsuits and the such. She really needs to retire.
taxpayer

Leominster, MA

#10 Apr 8, 2010
Dear Fed Up:
Why should Susan come back here and clean up the Binkster's mess. She gave Leominster a chance and did a superior job while she was here and the school committee kicked her to the curb and let the Binkster drive her out and they didn' do anything about it even though they knew what the B was doing to her. Good Luck to Susan in Ashburnham/Westminstet they would be lucky to have her. She is outstanding!!!
Citizen

Leominster, MA

#11 Apr 8, 2010
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a terminated lunch lady barely counts as working for Leominster Public Schools.
With all respect but where do you get this person is an ex lunch lady. Maybe you could clarify your statement as to fact and maybe tell us all here as to what actual job this person held as I don't see that in her post.
Sounds to me like you just have an axe to grind and tend to run off at the mouth a bit without justifying your comments with facts.
There's enough backstabing and lies on here by people who don't care what they write or are just out to do damadge to that person por group.
Hey, Where do you stand here.
Meanies

Fiskdale, MA

#12 Apr 8, 2010
There are some people that give Leominster a bad name because they are such meanies. I wish all of you meanies would get a counselor or something so the rest of us can think we live in a nice community. Best of luck Dr. Hitchcock. Ashburnham would be a nice place for you.
Citizen

Leominster, MA

#14 Apr 8, 2010
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it an educated guess. The lunch ladies were all over these boards complaining that Binkley replaced them and this poster's post contained the same complaints that a lot of the lunch ladies' posts contained.
You read Fed Up's post and see no lack of facts there? Really? Where are the lawsuits? Why are you not asking Fed Up to provide the same proof you request of me? ;)
And because Hitchcock isn't applying for the Leominster Super job that somehow makes her unqualified to apply for the Ashburnham Super job? That's some mighty fine logic there.
Read Fed Up's post and mine again and ask yourself who has the axe to grind.
And let me ask you something, what makes you so certain Fed Up is a "she". Gotcha.
You know something VOTER, the only thing I see here is another one of the flaming AH's just like you who continually ran their mouths on here and you just joined them. I asked you AH because you were the last to go runnin off at the mouth. Boy I can see this forum is again gonna turn into a real pissssing match, who gives a good fk if its a male or female. Kiss off AH, I stil don't see any facts, just you running off at the mouth again.
GOODBYE
lunch lady

Leominster, MA

#15 Apr 8, 2010
Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Call it an educated guess. The lunch ladies were all over these boards complaining that Binkley replaced them and this poster's post contained the same complaints that a lot of the lunch ladies' posts contained.
You read Fed Up's post and see no lack of facts there? Really? Where are the lawsuits? Why are you not asking Fed Up to provide the same proof you request of me? ;)
And because Hitchcock isn't applying for the Leominster Super job that somehow makes her unqualified to apply for the Ashburnham Super job? That's some mighty fine logic there.
Read Fed Up's post and mine again and ask yourself who has the axe to grind.
And let me ask you something, what makes you so certain Fed Up is a "she". Gotcha.
Speaking as a former lunch lady, I don't really care about where Susan Hitchcock is applying for a job. I don't even know her, but did hear all the rumors about binkley terrorizing her to the point she left.
Binkley did great damage to this school system and the school committee finally woke up and voted 6-2 not to renew her contract. I am sure there is an agreement to report her exit as a retirement.
Not bad Nadine, work here for a couple of years and then walk away with a "Leominster benefit package" that is the creme de la creme of other systems.
And to your comment about the lunch ladies making comments during this time last year. Yes, we did make noise, but who wouldn't...trying to keep a good system in place. Chartwells has lower the standards of school lunches in just their first year. And guess who is the loser?..The students..your kids & mine.
Most of the lunch ladies walked away with a very good severage package and early retirement benefits. So don't think we are losing sleep over our jobs.
I'm happy...got the best medical insurance and pension for my 20 plus years of service.
Thanks city of Leominster

btw...I personally think the lunch lady story should be put to rest, Dino's homewrecking story makes for better news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Replica of Vietnam Veterans Memorial coming to ... Dec 9 Blue Light 2
News Leominster has two all-alcohol licenses left an... (Jan '10) Dec 7 americanitaliano 31
News Troopers' lawyer: I'll expose all involved in a... Dec 6 M duke 1
News Governor pushes hard for Republican Tran in race Dec 1 Andy 3
News Candidates outline their priorities at debate Nov 21 Dave 1
News A message from one who's flying high: You can too Nov 13 Dave 1
Best Buy (Sep '16) Nov '17 Craig Roberts 7

Sterling Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sterling Mortgages