Gangs testify in canal shooting

Gangs testify in canal shooting

There are 8 comments on the The Daily Gazette story from Dec 8, 2008, titled Gangs testify in canal shooting. In it, The Daily Gazette reports that:

Prosecutors Wednesday rested their case against DeAngelo A. Davis, a known gang member accused of shooting Sterling resident Willie Randle along the Hennepin Canal on July 9. The bench trial before Judge John ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Gazette.

Horse

Belvidere, IL

#1 Dec 9, 2008
Just a bunch of wannabe gangsters!
racefanrob

Danville, KY

#2 Sep 13, 2010
Horse wrote:
Just a bunch of wannabe gangsters!
Hey Horse, did you ever hang @ Rocket Lanes in Rack Falls ... back in the day ?
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#3 Sep 14, 2010
Willie is a little bitch always running his mouth then someone shuts it and true fashion of a bitch he runs for help. As far as the Kings you fools need some shooting lessons if your gonna pull it make sure you finish the job.
racefanrob

Danville, KY

#4 Sep 15, 2010
... I lived in the Coloma Courts,in Rock Falls with my Grandma when I was a kid. We hung out together, never a gang, just a bunch of friends. There were often fights between rivals, that's life. But, we fought, with our bare hands. And sometimes we might have taken a good whoopin', everyone went home. All of us survived, and took another whoopin' at house when we got there. For fighting. We became men from those experiences. It's different today. Youth in this country have become a bunch of chickens. They go around leaving corpses of their adversaries because they can't take a whoppin'.
But, there is hope for Y'all. His name is Jesus Christ. He is the only one that can help you. There are no humanbeings here on Earth, none, that can truely help you. You can only give your heart to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The time has come to grow up and be accountable for your actions in life. Or you are going to spend eternity in Hell. My Mom died when I was eleven. I thought I was living in Hell for many years. Six years ago I had cancer. I am at this time cancer free. Because of my faith in the Lord and everyone arround me and their faith in Jesus. That's what it's going to take. Don't be affraid to free your soul from the Devil.
We used to live on that canal as kids. Swimming, riding motorcycles, snowmobiles, camping, hunting and fishing, or just hanging around. I couldn't even imagine having to kill someone there ? I've been out of the Army for almost thirty years. This isn't the kind of America I stand for.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#5 Sep 15, 2010
Race fan:

My dad grew up in coloma courts too maybe you two guys new eachother. He had pretty much the same views as you but Cancer took his life a few years ago.
racefanrob

Danville, KY

#6 Sep 16, 2010
All my friedns lived in the Courts. That was my neighborhood, and the surrounding neighborhood (21st, 22nd etc). I lived there from about 1970 to 1973, in the Coloma Courts. I lived in Rock Falls longer. And still visited friends sometimes in the Courts during the mid `70s. If your Dad lived there in that time priod, I'm sure we were friends. I have a large family. I have first cousins who still populate the Rock Falls/Sterling area. And their kids.
I hate to think I've lost another old friend, and didn't know it ?
I left and joined the Army years ago, and never moved back. I've been there many times over the years. My Dad lived on Harbor Drive and died in 2001. My Big Brother taught school at East Coloma for well over thirty years. He retired in the 1990s.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#7 Sep 16, 2010
racefanrob wrote:
All my friedns lived in the Courts. That was my neighborhood, and the surrounding neighborhood (21st, 22nd etc). I lived there from about 1970 to 1973, in the Coloma Courts. I lived in Rock Falls longer. And still visited friends sometimes in the Courts during the mid `70s. If your Dad lived there in that time priod, I'm sure we were friends. I have a large family. I have first cousins who still populate the Rock Falls/Sterling area. And their kids.
I hate to think I've lost another old friend, and didn't know it ?
I left and joined the Army years ago, and never moved back. I've been there many times over the years. My Dad lived on Harbor Drive and died in 2001. My Big Brother taught school at East Coloma for well over thirty years. He retired in the 1990s.
my dad was Charles Lewis.
Anonymous

San Francisco, CA

#8 Sep 16, 2010
My father also joined the army, he also had a friend named Bud Beeche. Later he worked at outdoor world, the Orn Groves car sales, then became a paramedic for twin city which finally merged with the hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police reports for Wednesday, April 11, 2018 Apr '18 Amy 1
News Nicholas Sheley, Nick Sheley (Jul '08) Apr '18 ryangaines 146
Looking for Easter Bunny Mar '18 reydon2000 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Feb '18 SligieForMayor 177
News Illinois DCFS worker assaulted during child wel... (Oct '17) Feb '18 Nice 2
Angela Sucher Trash Feb '18 unit 1
the music thread (Mar '12) Dec '17 Musikologist 24

Sterling Jobs

Personal Finance

Sterling Mortgages