Is Michigan the "comeback state?" It ...

Is Michigan the "comeback state?" It depends who you ask.

There are 7 comments on the Michigan Radio story from Jun 1, 2012, titled Is Michigan the "comeback state?" It depends who you ask.. In it, Michigan Radio reports that:

A sign in a Sterling Heights convenience store. The city had to cut police and firefighters for the first time this year.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Michigan Radio.

Burgydean

Rincon, GA

#1 Jun 5, 2012
I never left
sophia

Livonia, MI

#2 Jun 5, 2012
People seem to be shopping. Meijer ran out of hanging plants. Car sales are brisk. Even Volts are selling now. Money seems to be out there.

Municipalities are saddled with old costs and old ways of budgeting.

We should have a state holiday in honor of Richard Headlee and his amendment to the Michigan constitution as it affects property taxes.
Burgydean

Rincon, GA

#3 Jun 5, 2012
sophia wrote:
People seem to be shopping. Meijer ran out of hanging plants. Car sales are brisk. Even Volts are selling now. Money seems to be out there.
Municipalities are saddled with old costs and old ways of budgeting.
We should have a state holiday in honor of Richard Headlee and his amendment to the Michigan constitution as it affects property taxes.
Did it pass ?
sophia

Livonia, MI

#4 Jun 5, 2012
Burgydean wrote:
<quoted text>Did it pass ?
Sure thing. He passed in November 2004.
Burgydean

Rincon, GA

#5 Jun 5, 2012
sophia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing. He passed in November 2004.
Property taxes are still too high in most nicer places it seem to me there's no change ?
sophia

Livonia, MI

#6 Jun 5, 2012
Burgydean wrote:
<quoted text>Property taxes are still too high in most nicer places it seem to me there's no change ?
Actually, it's the reverse.

Millage in Detroit: 67.27
River Rouge : 76
Bloomfield: 25
NOrthville: 38
Plymouth: 41
Livonia: 36

And if you stay in one place, Headlee prevents ANY increase greater than inflation.
imaginaryfriend

Sterling Heights, MI

#7 Jun 5, 2012
It's a "comeback" to the fascism of the Robber Barons of the past. Fight the fascist rightwing with everything you've got! They deserve your worst.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sterling Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
noise ordinance violators/loud car stereos (Jun '09) Sat Mike Arnold 18
News 48 Hours: Best things to do in Metro Detroit Sat ThomasA 2
do not shop at art van (Nov '06) Jun 19 Anonymous 267
News 'Meet Your Muslim Neighbor' (Oct '09) Jun 18 Here boy 1,122
Warren MI Police One Cop who needs help! (Nov '07) Jun 14 Radar Love in Warren 128
Robert Juszczyk Jun 7 Hilarious 6
Midevil themed restaurant Jun 7 Mel 2

Sterling Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sterling Heights Mortgages