waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#46565 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
OK, give us details--- like the woman's name and the town in Georgia in which this event occurred. So much false /misunderstood/misinterpreted information appears here that everything has to be checked before it is believed.
<quoted text>
Google"Toxic Topix". You've seen the vicious sexual comments posted here, only the tip of the iceberg.Rolls off my back, but some, apparently not.There's a guy on Topix here name of William Church who is "getting"it about being a false war hero.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#46566 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
Another interesting tid bit of information is that PRESIDENTS CANNOT CHANGE THE RULES OF THE US SENATE.
That has to be done within the senate itself.
When US citizen voters are so ignorant of the workings of their own government, it is little wonder that things get out of control. The idiots believe any BS thrown out by the talking heads and by the negative lies in paid advertisements on TV. Unfortunately, that has become the depth of US intellectualism... Republikans must be proud of their achievement.
Easy to do.Party with the majority...get it?
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#46567 Jan 27, 2014
TSF wrote:
He is probably republican. I hear they were caught reading and teaching math to small children .
<quoted text>
Maybe they were democrats, having sex with each other while smoking legal marijuana while planning a gay marriage.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#46568 Jan 27, 2014
Immigration Bill? Anybody?
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#46569 Jan 27, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
FREEDOM
?
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#46570 Jan 27, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
You certainly haven't exhibited ANY understanding of the constituiton.
Nether do you.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#46571 Jan 27, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a child in the high school here that takes a Bible to school everyday his parents told me. They also have prayer in a teacher's room at break that sponsors the group. Nobody has ever protested because it is the choice of the teacher and the students and is on break time. This happens more frequently in schools than the story that you gave. But if we had Muslim kids in our community and the same was done for them, I bet some idiot parents would protest.
I'm sure you do.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#46572 Jan 27, 2014
"State of the Union goals often fall short
As President Obama prepares for the annual address Tuesday, many of last year's proposals remain unfinished." Nice of the LA Times to try and soften the blow of failure.

http://www.latimes.com
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#46573 Jan 27, 2014
When I studied the Holocaust in school, I remember thinking,“how did Hitler get over 6 million people to follow along blindly and not fight back?” Then I realized, I’m watching people who call themselves Americans take the same path.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#46574 Jan 27, 2014
" White House panics as millennials wise up, bail on President ObamaJust" "41 percent of 18-to-29-year-olds approve of the job Mr. Obama is doing — down 11 points from April — and 54 percent now disapprove, a Harvard poll found. A whopping 57 percent disapprove of Obamacare (just 38 percent approve). Worse, 40 percent say health care will get worse (18 percent think it will improve) and 51 percent think costs will rise (34 percent say costs will stay the same; just 11 percent think costs will decrease).

Much, much worse: 54 percent of 18-24-year-olds say they would vote to “recall and replace” the president — in Washington, that’s called “impeachment.” "There are a few reasons for the sudden exodus: First, millennials detest the NSA phone snooping program. And they were put off Obamacare by the technically inept rollout, when the federal webpage wouldn’t work for weeks. Plus, few can find jobs as the economy continues to flounder."
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#46575 Jan 27, 2014
http://theweek.com/article/index/255505/appal... "In Appalachia, jobs have vanished, and people live for pills, soda pop, and welfare"
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#46576 Jan 27, 2014
"It works like this: Once a month, the debit-card accounts of those receiving what we still call food stamps are credited with a few hundred dollars — about $500 for a family of four, on average — which are immediately converted into a unit of exchange, in this case cases of soda. On the day when accounts are credited, local establishments accepting EBT cardsare swamped with locals using their public benefits to buy cases and cases — reports put the number at 30 to 40 cases for some buyers — of soda. Those cases of soda then either go on to another retailer, who buys them at 50 cents on the dollar, in effect laundering those $500 in monthly benefits into $250 in cash — a considerably worse rate than your typical organized-crime money launderer offers — or else they go into the local black-market economy, where they can be used as currency in such ventures as the dealing of unauthorized prescription painkillers — by "pillbillies," as they are known at the sympathetic establishments in Florida that do so much business with Kentucky and West Virginia that the relevant interstate bus service is nicknamed the "OxyContin Express." No, there is no welfare fraud.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#46577 Jan 27, 2014
This is about "the draw."

"The draw," the monthly welfare checks that supplement dependents' earnings in the black-market Pepsi economy, is poison. It's a potent enough poison to catch the attention even of such people as those who write for The New York Times. Nicholas Kristof, visiting nearby Jackson, Ky., last year, was shocked by parents who were taking their children out of literacy classes because the possibility of improved academic performance would threaten $700-a-month Social Security disability benefits, which increasingly are paid out for nebulous afflictions such as loosely defined learning disorders. "This is painful for a liberal to admit," Kristof wrote, "but conservatives have a point when they suggest that America's safety net can sometimes entangle people in a soul-crushing dependency."
State of Florida

Wake Forest, NC

#46578 Jan 27, 2014
waco 1909 wrote:
How many amendments have been repealed?
You have to be kidding with this mind bender! 21st repealed the 18th amendment. The drinks are on me.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#46579 Jan 27, 2014
Not likely. Probably "foot tapping " Larry Craig republican types.
There are lots of gay republikans and I have seen republikans smoking pot and snorting etc. Then there was the Caldwell county republican DA who liked to drink and drive and got caught by one of the people he had convicted for drunk driving.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe they were democrats, having sex with each other while smoking legal marijuana while planning a gay marriage.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#46580 Jan 27, 2014
Ben, remember when the Caldwell County bootleggers would pump money into the churches to inflame the faithful to oppose liquor by the drink, liquor stores and beer sales? Remember when the "bag" man came around to get the SD share of the illegal alcohol sales and gambling proceeds from those establishments which wanted to remain in business?
Ben, as you well remember, that was the corrupt system in place then. Now we just have a new corrupt system.
For every Ben opposing corruption today, there is a new Ben out there figuring out new schemes. Examples are plentiful, but not all those folks getting assistance are undeserving or corrupt or lazy or less of a human being than you are now.
Ben wrote:
"It works like this: Once a month, the debit-card accounts of those receiving what we still call food stamps are credited with a few hundred dollars — about $500 for a family of four, on average — which are immediately converted into a unit of exchange, in this case cases of soda. On the day when accounts are credited, local establishments accepting EBT cardsare swamped with locals using their public benefits to buy cases and cases — reports put the number at 30 to 40 cases for some buyers — of soda. Those cases of soda then either go on to another retailer, who buys them at 50 cents on the dollar, in effect laundering those $500 in monthly benefits into $250 in cash — a considerably worse rate than your typical organized-crime money launderer offers — or else they go into the local black-market economy, where they can be used as currency in such ventures as the dealing of unauthorized prescription painkillers — by "pillbillies," as they are known at the sympathetic establishments in Florida that do so much business with Kentucky and West Virginia that the relevant interstate bus service is nicknamed the "OxyContin Express." No, there is no welfare fraud.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#46581 Jan 27, 2014
The USA doesn't need an immigration bill. The NC republican legislature has just invited them all to move to NC.
waco 1909 wrote:
Immigration Bill? Anybody?
TSF

Clayton, NC

#46582 Jan 27, 2014
I guess it just got easier with the simple majority rule in place. The new rule is a double edged sword just like the old rule had become.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Easy to do.Party with the majority...get it?
TSF

Clayton, NC

#46583 Jan 27, 2014
They should leave the guy alone. Most of the ones gouging him are probably great hero's themselves-- having spent their military years in the states typing dangerous reports for company clerks.. Mark Twain said you cannot elevate yourself by tearing someone else down. that is the real motivation of the vicious attackers.
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Google"Toxic Topix". You've seen the vicious sexual comments posted here, only the tip of the iceberg.Rolls off my back, but some, apparently not.There's a guy on Topix here name of William Church who is "getting"it about being a false war hero.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#46584 Jan 27, 2014
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Nether do you.
Yes, at least I show and can prove what I know aout the Constitution while you remain silent. Is your silence based on the fact that you don't know, or that you are wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
south african indian girls (Jun '11) 8 hr vanfanton 12
Do you approve of Kyle W. Puryear as Commissioner? Oct 24 Sandy Pleasant 2
Do you approve of Ray Jeffers as Commissioner? Oct 24 Sandy Pleasant 2
Anton Oct 10 vanfanton 1
job corp (Apr '08) Oct 6 Noooolie8 143
Arrests, citations in Henderson, Vance County Oct 2 abc 1
questions about Jobcorps in Kittrell NC (Jul '11) Sep '14 Talleylove 2
Stem Dating
Find my Match

Stem People Search