TSF

Greenville, NC

#43567 Oct 22, 2013
Washington Post reports total cost for the USA. That would be around 16.1 billion dollars per state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43568 Oct 22, 2013
Starting tomorrow, NC teachers can carry guns on school property. Finally, republicans have done something I agree with.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43569 Oct 22, 2013
TSF wrote:
You tell me. This person reports 23,000 jobs in the medical field that would have been created. Most economist will tell you that creating one job also creates another spin off job, although at lower pay. 23,000X2= 46,000 jobs lost due to the rejection of Medicaid expansion. If I concede to the lower number, then the stupid republican rejection of 46,000 new jobs would be 8% less stupid than a stupid republican rejection of 50,000 new jobs. OK, if I assume that republiKans are only 92% as stupid as I had figured, then that is still 100% more stupidity that this state can afford.
<quoted text>
TSF, need I remind you this was not a republikan you whine about from N.C. but a demokrat who you seem to think is above reproach. Again, whose numbers are correct? Forget being on the same page, you guys aren't even in the same book with your figures. Plus you never addressed the 400 million dollar Medicaid overrun. You're the numbers person, but my mediocre math vs yours tells me if the state couldn't handle those currently on Medicaid with such a huge overrun and Medicaid is expanded, how in the world could this expansion be covered.

Location hidden

#43570 Oct 22, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF, need I remind you this was not a republikan you whine about from N.C. but a demokrat who you seem to think is above reproach. Again, whose numbers are correct? Forget being on the same page, you guys aren't even in the same book with your figures. Plus you never addressed the 400 million dollar Medicaid overrun. You're the numbers person, but my mediocre math vs yours tells me if the state couldn't handle those currently on Medicaid with such a huge overrun and Medicaid is expanded, how in the world could this expansion be covered.
He's going to tell you that the Federal Govt was going to cover Medicaid for the next 3 years but what he's NOT going to tell you is that AFTER those 3 years are up, the state of NC would be required to repay the money spent by the Feds PLUS interest!
If we can't afford the overrun now, how in the hell are we going to afford those cost plus interest?
I say kudos to the Gov for having the balls to stand up to the Feds in defense of NC's taxpayers! Why should my taxes be taken to pay for Medicaid when those in need will be covered by my taxes through Obamacare?

Location hidden

#43571 Oct 22, 2013
JohnHamhock wrote:
<quoted text>
I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.
&#8213; Benjamin Franklin
Franklin knew this way back then, dem-0s aint figured it out yet! OR, maybe they have, and WANT people to stay poor and dependent on them?
It's referred to as "The Govt Plantation."
The Republicans pushed for the CRA allowing blacks to vote against strong opposition from the Commucrats. The Commucrats saw the CRA as a way to create their plantation for the poor and the blacks (since a majority were poor at this time) so they took the credit. They opened the gates to their plantation with programs such as welfare, food stamps, Medicaid, etc..., and with their indoctrination through education and they've been attracting the "dumbmasses" ever since!
Their not stupid, it was by design in order to guarantee votes! It's the poor that's stupid for falling for this BS and it's also the producers that are stupid for allowing it to continue!

Location hidden

#43572 Oct 22, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Cruz is not an American, he is a Conadian. He has no love for any American. Except for maybe the Koch brother$. Ted Cruz is on a downward spiral, wont be long before he hits rock bottom. Oh happy day.
That's like saying the Tyrant (my new name for the Ruler) isn't American, he's Hawaiian!(Now before you start with Hawaii is in America, you must first realize the Hawaiians despise America. If you've ever been to Hawaii you'd understand.) The Tyrant grew up in Kenya, Indonesia, and Hawaii and was raised and tutored by known card carrying communist....where is his love for America? It won't be long before his reign is over,(and I hope this great country is still a glimpse of what it once was)....Oh happy day!

Location hidden

#43573 Oct 22, 2013
I saw where the govt teachers are planning a walkout on Nov 4th in retaliation to incentive based pay and the loss of tenure even though state law bans strikes or work stoppages by public employees.
Teach the children it's ok break the law, that's real responsible! I hope every one of them get arrested!

Location hidden

#43574 Oct 22, 2013
But then again, it their walkout is anything like their protest rallies, the police will only need to bring one paddy wagon....and it'll only be half full!

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#43575 Oct 23, 2013
emlu wrote:
I would like to apologize to everyone on Topix for my sweetie waco's behavior. Needless to say, everyone knows that he's bipolar and moved to North Carolina to avoid being committed to a psychiatric hospital in Texas. Waco may be a mental defective but all in all he's pretty much a harmless nut. That's why I sometimes call him my little Almond Joy.
"My sweetie" really pisses you off doesn't he? That's funny, his mission is accomplished. Fool.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43576 Oct 23, 2013
Yeah, my mission was accomplished, in spades! Someone obsessing over me, like"fake Emlu, fake Waco,etc.is an ego booster.The nut probably masturbates thinking of old Waco.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43577 Oct 23, 2013
Taxpayer has gone from"nut"to"pro phet".America continues it's rush to Marxism at a breakneck pace.The democrats call scraping the living body of a baby out of a womans body a"choice".They" trust"women to make the"right"decision.B utchers, plain and simple.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43578 Oct 23, 2013
It WOULD HAVE been covered 100% for 3 years by the FEDERAL government with OUR tax money that WE have ALREADY sent in. So the republiKan general assembly refused to allow OUR NC money to come back into OUR state. I know you rabidly support republiKans , but how do you figure that was a smart move?
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43579 Oct 23, 2013
The republiKan leader and choice for president, Twitt Romney , calls the aborted fetus "medical waste " and burns them for a huge profit in his medical waste incinerator.. My attacks on republikans are not endorsements of democrats, but I have to say that democrats are not the only ones supporting abortion, which coincidentally, I vehemently oppose.
waco1909 wrote:
Taxpayer has gone from"nut"to"pro phet".America continues it's rush to Marxism at a breakneck pace.The democrats call scraping the living body of a baby out of a womans body a"choice".They" trust"women to make the"right"decision.B utchers, plain and simple.

Location hidden

#43580 Oct 23, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>He's going to tell you that the Federal Govt was going to cover Medicaid for the next 3 years but what he's NOT going to tell you is that AFTER those 3 years are up, the state of NC would be required to repay the money spent by the Feds PLUS interest!
If we can't afford the overrun now, how in the hell are we going to afford those cost plus interest?
I say kudos to the Gov for having the balls to stand up to the Feds in defense of NC's taxpayers! Why should my taxes be taken to pay for Medicaid when those in need will be covered by my taxes through Obamacare?
Pro, I actually knew that but left it out to see if that would be addressed. It sounds good to say that the federal govt was going to pay for three years and leave out the pay back with interest part; however, in a state where Medicaid is so mishandled and is WAY over budget it's a recipe for financial disaster.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43581 Oct 23, 2013
Pro, send me 15 trillion dollars and then refuse to take any of it back to show me that you have "balls". I will smile, keep the money, and let you have you fantasy.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>He's going to tell you that the Federal Govt was going to cover Medicaid for the next 3 years but what he's NOT going to tell you is that AFTER those 3 years are up, the state of NC would be required to repay the money spent by the Feds PLUS interest!

Location hidden

#43582 Oct 23, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Pro, I actually knew that but left it out to see if that would be addressed. It sounds good to say that the federal govt was going to pay for three years and leave out the pay back with interest part; however, in a state where Medicaid is so mishandled and is WAY over budget it's a recipe for financial disaster.
Isn't EVEYTHING the govt oversees a recipe for financial disaster!?
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43583 Oct 23, 2013
Teaching the children that one should not just passively let a group of legislative bullies repeatedly abuse, demean and welch on contracts is an important lesson. I would like to see a real union sweep through NC like a dose of Epsom salts. Then the shit would hit the fan. It has always puzzeled my as to why NC teachers are such a passive lot.
Pro-American wrote:
I saw where the govt teachers are planning a walkout on Nov 4th in retaliation to incentive based pay and the loss of tenure even though state law bans strikes or work stoppages by public employees.
Teach the children it's ok break the law, that's real responsible! I hope every one of them get arrested!

Location hidden

#43584 Oct 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
Pro, send me 15 trillion dollars and then refuse to take any of it back to show me that you have "balls". I will smile, keep the money, and let you have you fantasy.
<quoted text>
What does 15 trillion have to do with Gov McCrory's balls and Medicaid?

Location hidden

#43585 Oct 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
It WOULD HAVE been covered 100% for 3 years by the FEDERAL government with OUR tax money that WE have ALREADY sent in. So the republiKan general assembly refused to allow OUR NC money to come back into OUR state. I know you rabidly support republiKans , but how do you figure that was a smart move?
<quoted text>
You must have been posting while I was posting to you. Did you read Pro's post. We would have to pay the money back with interest. If we can't pay the current cost of Medicaid with huge overruns, how will we pay expansion of Medicaid, basically a loan to the government with interest and even larger overruns.

TSF, you're going to get hoodooed anyway you look at it. For that I have no answer. Yes, you would have gotten your insurance free for 3 years. All the while the even more debt is piling up. You tell me the answer. I kind of equate this to those commercials on tv for interest free or no payments at all on furniture, cars, etc for the first 1-2 years. You still gonna have to pay that interest on those loans, so you're not saving anything UNLESS you're able to save the whole amount you would owe and payment off at the end of the 1-2 years. That's not the way a government should be run or home finances for that matter. My point of view may sound rabidly republican to you, but I don't run my home finances based off the state or federal govt's handling of a basically nonexistent budget because it should be very clear and cogent it would be an epic financial failure. I run my household on a budget. Something the POTUS or anyone in government has slim to no knowledge about and it looks like slim's about to leave town. This country is going financially bankrupt.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43586 Oct 23, 2013
TSF wrote:
The republiKan leader and choice for president, Twitt Romney , calls the aborted fetus "medical waste " and burns them for a huge profit in his medical waste incinerator.. My attacks on republikans are not endorsements of democrats, but I have to say that democrats are not the only ones supporting abortion, which coincidentally, I vehemently oppose.
<quoted text>
Glad to hear that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stem Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Creedmoor, NC (Jan '12) Jan 3 soldierboy 4
Defendant pleads guilty to murder Dec '14 NO asking 1
job corp (Apr '08) Nov '14 tinktink 144
Do you approve of Kyle W. Puryear as Commissioner? Oct '14 Sandy Pleasant 2
Do you approve of Ray Jeffers as Commissioner? Oct '14 Sandy Pleasant 2
Boston Chamber helps launch biz coalition for i... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Exactly 3
Rhymer named 2013 principal of the year (Oct '12) Oct '12 Susan Herman 1
Stem Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Stem People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:51 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:51PM
How Redskins Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 3:57 AM
Redskins Miss out on Opportunity in DC Search
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
How Long Should Leash Be for the Current 'Skins Regime?
ESPN 8:07 AM
Spygate, 'culture of cheating' vexes ex-GM
Yahoo! Sports10:47 AM
Former Panthers GM wonders if Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl