Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

I think I read that same article. It pointed out that thousands of poor are still ineligible for insurance because the planners of Obamacare counted on Medicaid covering that sector. When NC republikans rejected expansion of Medicaid in NC , which the fed would have covered completely for 3 years, it left a hole in the system. Should the planers of Obamacare have predicted that the spiteful republikans would do that? I don't know. Could the republicans have been sincere in their claims of only trying to save money? Maybe, but probably not. Could republikans have been sincere in ending unemployment benefits and reducing unemployments benefits to save money? Maybe, probably not. Could NC republikans have been truthful in ending WIC because there was no money, but then reinstating WIC because DHS suddenly found the money which was not gone to start with? Hell no. Did NC republikans raise taxes on the middle class but give tax breaks to the rich? Hell yes. Did NC republikans cut school funding in order to give more tax breaks to the rich? Yes.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I saw this morning where that liberal rag known as the Charlotte Disturber is also bashing Obamacare, on the front page, not hidden somewhere in the back like most do!
You know is getting bad when the state run print media is also jumping on board with the bashing!
The Ruler's approval rating is soon to drop to an all time low......oh wait, it already has!
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Arnold Ziffel wrote:
Where's my stalker? This is ridiculous!
I'm right here l\ligger.
waco1909

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Did you really see Brokeback Mountain over 5000 times?
Yep and Deep Throat 10000 times,that's how I learned my trade.
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Here is a short sequel

Brokeback Bush: thetruth.7p.com - YouTube
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>Did you really see Brokeback Mountain over 5000 times?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I think I read that same article. It pointed out that thousands of poor are still ineligible for insurance because the planners of Obamacare counted on Medicaid covering that sector. When NC republikans rejected expansion of Medicaid in NC , which the fed would have covered completely for 3 years, it left a hole in the system. Should the planers of Obamacare have predicted that the spiteful republikans would do that? I don't know. Could the republicans have been sincere in their claims of only trying to save money? Maybe, but probably not. Could republikans have been sincere in ending unemployment benefits and reducing unemployments benefits to save money? Maybe, probably not. Could NC republikans have been truthful in ending WIC because there was no money, but then reinstating WIC because DHS suddenly found the money which was not gone to start with? Hell no. Did NC republikans raise taxes on the middle class but give tax breaks to the rich? Hell yes. Did NC republikans cut school funding in order to give more tax breaks to the rich? Yes.
<quoted text>
http://econintersect.com/b2evolution/blog1.ph...

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obamacare-me...
Arnold Ziffel

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm right here l\ligger.
Come get me.Ersatz.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm right here l\ligger.
You girls quit fighting.
Arnold Ziffel

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Be careful girl.I'm a lot meaner than I used to be.Nothing to lose, don't you know.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Arnold Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text> Come get me.Ersatz.
.Uhh, you sound like State of Florida today.Wonder why?
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

China and other nations are calling for "De Americanization of international trade because of US political instability." translation- increase interest rates and end the dollar as international standard.(higher monthly interest payments to the Chinese)
So who are the winners? Answer--Communist China
And the losers? American economy lost $24 billion dollars in business, the US government will lose around $1 trillion dollars in additional , un necessary increased interest payments over the next 10 years. The party of stupid strikes again.

Boehner says republikans fought a good fight but lost. I say they fought a stupid fight with an entirely predictable outcome and Communist China won.
Smilin Fool

Marshall, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
China and other nations are calling for "De Americanization of international trade because of US political instability." translation- increase interest rates and end the dollar as international standard.(higher monthly interest payments to the Chinese)
And the losers? American economy lost $24 billion dollars in business, the US government will lose around $1 trillion dollars in additional , un necessary increased interest payments over the next 10 years. The party of stupid strikes again.
Boehner says republikans fought a good fight but lost. I say they fought a stupid fight with an entirely predictable outcome and Communist China won.
HO HO leftie, we're gonna bring this rotten house down around your heads! But, it's sure nice to know that I've got millions of twenty year olds gonna work multiple twenty hour a week jobs to pay for my medical bills! Thanks Mr.Barack! I didn't want to have to spend my six million dollar nest egg!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
I say the Commucrats and the Republicans won, it is the American people that lost!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
In regard to Medicaid, what happens after 3 years when the Feds quit funding the program? The state is required to repay the money plus interest under Obamacare. Why does your party consistently want to spend money that the govt doesn't have? The same is also true with the unemployment benefits, we don't have the money! When your broke, thanks to 120+ years of Commucrat control, cuts have to be made!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

21 Trillion deficit, at current rate, at the end of the Obama reign.....ooohhhh my.......

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Funny, democrat Congress members...don't want Obamacare for themselves.....how strange....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Geez TSF, can't you see the forest for the trees? You're on here making a victory lap calling the Republicans or anyone you don't agree with stupid.

Try giving credit where it's due. Under Obama our economy has gone to hell in a handbag and you never address that issue. You never address the fact that he has yet to come up with a budget. You never address the fact that not only do other countries find us weak economically, they find us weak militarily under his leadership. You seem to get orgasmic over his health care plan that ends up costing more to taxpayers and even to the poor for whom it was created.

WE ALL KNOW, you want welfare to the rich to stop. You would like to see tax write offs discontinued. My biggest problem with doing away with tax write offs, especially charitable donations, is who's going to donate money as the rich do. You, me, who? Our government is in debt passed it's eyeballs and how can they help places that depend on donations such as St. Judes Hospital for sick children, the thousands of soup kitchens and shelters across this country people depend on, churches that have food pantries and clothes pantries to help those in need and regular citizens such as you and I support. Don't you think we deserve to take that off our taxes like all those clowns in DC holding political offices that take their "illegal" housekeepers off in addition to their person jets etc.

I know you don't like the Koch brothers, and other wealthy people. To be honest I don't care how they achieved their wealth whether it be by hook or crook as long as they're trying to help out those that need help in this country, because out government sure isn't doing it.

In conclusion, Obama is as guilty of playing stupid games as you say the Republicans have/are. His arrogance will be the fall of this country. He'll run up on a pissing contest one day with the wrong country or groups with more power than he has and he'll find out because "he's the POTUS" don't mean crap to these people. "Pride goes before the fall".

Ben

Lenoir, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Let me know if some of you will top buying items from China? " (Newser)– Slavery continues to afflict almost 30 million people across the planet—in every one of 162 countries surveyed in a new report. India is home to 13.9 million slaves, by far the largest number; relative to population, however, Mauritania has the highest rate, with 4% of the population enslaved (though other groups have placed the figure as high as 20%). The new data comes from Australian activist organization Walk Free; its Global Slavery Index includes cases of human trafficking, forced labor and marriage, debt bondage, and other forms of exploitative control, Reuters notes.

Three-quarters of slaves are in just 10 countries, led by China, with 2.9 million; Pakistan, with 2.1 million; Nigeria; Ethiopia; and Russia. By percentage, Mauritania—where a "chattel" system sees masters with "total ownership over (slaves) and their descendants"—is followed by Haiti, Pakistan, India, and Nepal. Iceland, meanwhile, has both the lowest number and the lowest proportion of slaves. The US has some 59,000 people experiencing such exploitation, al-Jazeera America reports. Numbers of enslaved people in wealthy countries is often "six to 10 times higher" than leaders believe, weakening anti-slavery efforts, says an expert."
TSF

Clayton, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

So if the republican tea party is REALLY for freedom, then why does everything they do help communist China?
Smilin Fool wrote:
<quoted text> HO HO leftie, we're gonna bring this rotten house down around your heads! But, it's sure nice to know that I've got millions of twenty year olds gonna work multiple twenty hour a week jobs to pay for my medical bills! Thanks Mr.Barack! I didn't want to have to spend my six million dollar nest egg!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

I doubt anyone will respond to Ben's post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Obama Administration has thus far published approximately 11,588,500 words of final Obamacare regulations, while there are only 381,517 words in the Obamacare law itself. That means unelected federal officials have now written 30 words of regulations for each word in the law!

I wonder how much money each word is going to end up costing the American people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stem Discussions

Search the Stem Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
job corp (Apr '08) Jun '14 wayne33 121
south african indian girls (Jun '11) May '14 Nitasha 6
American spy's release would be high-stakes gamble Apr '14 Gray 37
5 charged in kidnapping of NC prosecutor's father Apr '14 Guest 2
Do you approve of Renee Ellmers as Representative? (Feb '12) Apr '14 Terry 3
Source: U.S. talks with Israel on spy release Apr '14 Eleanor 5
Boston Chamber helps launch biz coalition for i... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Exactly 3
•••
•••