fallscity public school

Posted in the Stella Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nan

Hays, KS

#1 Sep 6, 2006
any one having problems with the public schools??
TMM

Green Bay, WI

#3 Sep 6, 2006
Everyone asks why I send my kids to Sacred Heart and it has to be the small class sizes! The elementary age classes have 1 teacher for the entire class not 3 or 4 separate classes for 1 age group class. The teachers are very attentive to the kids and they get a GREAT education, alot of one on one time!
nan

Hays, KS

#4 Sep 6, 2006
Isn't amazing how special needs children are treated like second class citizens in the Falls City public schools ??? I thought this was a free country and everone deserved a fair education..
DJ Finck

Kansas City, MO

#6 Sep 7, 2006
I got alot of one on one time with the priest. He was especially kind to me! Taught me how to be a good altar boy and all.
TMM wrote:
Everyone asks why I send my kids to Sacred Heart and it has to be the small class sizes! The elementary age classes have 1 teacher for the entire class not 3 or 4 separate classes for 1 age group class. The teachers are very attentive to the kids and they get a GREAT education, alot of one on one time!
TMM

Green Bay, WI

#7 Sep 7, 2006
Yeah Im gonna go with NOT! Don't be gross~~ because if it was true you would DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!!!! If not then, NOW!
By the way just because you go to Sacred Heart you don't have to be an altar boy.
Too much info

United States

#8 Sep 7, 2006
Ok that was bad! ha ha ha
Just an Opinion

United States

#9 Sep 7, 2006
Sacred Heart is a great school however it has its ups and downs also. I know as I have children at Sacred Heart. If your child is not good at sports then forget it. Even if they go to every practice, work hard they will sit the bench or not make the Varsity team if they are a senior. The band and other activities in the school are great but not promoted like sports.
Curious

United States

#10 Sep 8, 2006
a little wrote:
they suck!
WHY?
Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puffs

United States

#11 Sep 23, 2006
TMM wrote:
I don't understand why this would make the FC Public schools bad? Because the classes are bigger? So your saying that unless you go to a one room school house or a school as small as Sacred Heart the kids are not learning as well? That does not make any sense. What about kids in cities?

I just find this comment silly!

United States

#12 Sep 23, 2006
nan wrote:
Isn't amazing how special needs children are treated like second class citizens in the Falls City public schools ??? I thought this was a free country and everone deserved a fair education..
Did something happen to your child or did you hear of something happening? i am just curious. I have helped out a couple of times in the elementary school and I have seen special needs children getting lots of help and they seem to be doing everything the other kids were doing. But I was just in there a couple of times, I am not an expert. I would really like to know the story behind this post.=)
LAWDOG

United States

#13 Sep 23, 2006
Just an Opinion wrote:
Sacred Heart is a great school however it has its ups and downs also. I know as I have children at Sacred Heart. If your child is not good at sports then forget it. Even if they go to every practice, work hard they will sit the bench or not make the Varsity team if they are a senior. The band and other activities in the school are great but not promoted like sports.
You also have to have money or you will be a outcast at Sacred Heart.I guess if you was close to FR RO that would help to right Deb L.!!!
Dont Understand

United States

#14 Sep 24, 2006
nan wrote:
I have never witnessed any special needs children being treated like 2nd class citizens. FC Public schools GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure special needs children get the care and attention they need. There was a litle blind boy in the preschool that had his OWN aide. A lady that went to special training just for him. He was mainstreamed beautifully into that classroom.
Tell Me More

Green Bay, WI

#15 Sep 24, 2006
Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puffs wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why this would make the FC Public schools bad? Because the classes are bigger? So your saying that unless you go to a one room school house or a school as small as Sacred Heart the kids are not learning as well? That does not make any sense. What about kids in cities?
I just find this comment silly!
REREAD MY COMMENT!!!!!! DID I SAY FC PUBLIC WAS A BAD SCHOOL SYSTEM? Ummmmmmmmmmm NOPE that would be why you can't make sense of it.

United States

#16 Sep 24, 2006
Tell Me More wrote:
<quoted text>
REREAD MY COMMENT!!!!!! DID I SAY FC PUBLIC WAS A BAD SCHOOL SYSTEM? Ummmmmmmmmmm NOPE that would be why you can't make sense of it.
What I can't make sense of is this post. I got the yelling part, that made sense. But what in the world is the last part? Are you saying that I must be stupid? If that is the case then maybe you should REREAD YOUR OWN COMMENT THIS TIME. It makes no sense.

BTW, I am sorry that I misunderstood your first post, the reason I thought you were talking about FC sucking is because the post right before yours said "They suck!"

United States

#17 Sep 24, 2006
Dont Understand wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never witnessed any special needs children being treated like 2nd class citizens. FC Public schools GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure special needs children get the care and attention they need. There was a litle blind boy in the preschool that had his OWN aide. A lady that went to special training just for him. He was mainstreamed beautifully into that classroom.
I agree, I have witnessed 3 other children in North School that have a para-professional that is with them throughout the day. That is why I was wondering what the comment was about. If something has happened we should be aware of.
Tell Me More

Green Bay, WI

#18 Sep 24, 2006
I am saying in my experience Sacred Heart is a better school for my children. The classes are smaller and I LIKE THAT. If you are in a class that has 30 kids compared to a class that has 13 the teacher has more time for each individual child. If you think it doesn't make sense it is because you are not paying attention to what I am saying I did NOT call you stupid or intend for you to think I did. All I am saying is I can read every comment on this thread and it makes total sense to me.

United States

#19 Sep 24, 2006
Tell Me More wrote:
I am saying in my experience Sacred Heart is a better school for my children. The classes are smaller and I LIKE THAT. If you are in a class that has 30 kids compared to a class that has 13 the teacher has more time for each individual child. If you think it doesn't make sense it is because you are not paying attention to what I am saying I did NOT call you stupid or intend for you to think I did. All I am saying is I can read every comment on this thread and it makes total sense to me.
I would agree with the smaller class sizes are better, I like that too. I just misunderstood what you were saying at first because your post came right after someones who said "it sucks"
1234-567abc

United States

#20 Sep 25, 2006
LAWDOG wrote:
<quoted text>You also have to have money or you will be a outcast at Sacred Heart.I guess if you was close to FR RO that would help to right Deb L.!!!
Oh Brother!!!!
Herbie

United States

#21 Sep 26, 2006
Shimmy Shimmy Cocoa Puffs wrote:
<quoted text>
What I can't make sense of is this post. I got the yelling part, that made sense. But what in the world is the last part? Are you saying that I must be stupid? If that is the case then maybe you should REREAD YOUR OWN COMMENT THIS TIME. It makes no sense.
BTW, I am sorry that I misunderstood your first post, the reason I thought you were talking about FC sucking is because the post right before yours said "They suck!"
did i mention Herbie loves cocoa puffs!
Herbie

United States

#22 Sep 26, 2006
LAWDOG wrote:
<quoted text>You also have to have money or you will be a outcast at Sacred Heart.I guess if you was close to FR RO that would help to right Deb L.!!!
RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Southside Bar & Grill 13 hr Okie 6
Barack Obama found making sno-cones in Rulo (Feb '09) Thu Pasquali 41
Heee's Back (Oct '14) Jan 18 baby momma 13
Please Parole John Lotter (Feb '16) Jan 18 Crypt Keeper 14
Lana Brandon (Mar '14) Jan 18 Crypt Keeper 37
Nuisance Law (Jun '13) Jan 14 Doug 13
Myra Beth/Corey Spangler Jan 13 justcurious 5

Stella Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance