Woman on bicycle killed by train

Woman on bicycle killed by train

There are 4 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from May 23, 2006, titled Woman on bicycle killed by train. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A woman riding a bicycle was struck and killed by a Union Pacific freight train tonight in the south suburb of Steger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Anonymous

Round Lake, IL

#1 May 23, 2006
My sister lives right around the corner form the spot where she was hit. We had wondered why traffic had built up so bad. When my sister went around the corner with my nephew, she found out what had happened. My nephew claimed to see them putting pieces of her into a bag. It's really sad what happened. From what i've heard she was wearing headphones but police have not found any yet. And supposedly she was riding a bike.
A friend of mine knew her and went to school with her. He was in shock, as was I and I didn't even know her.
Amanda

United States

#2 May 24, 2006
It is really unbelievable! It's so hard when you find something terrible out like this, but when you realize its someone you know it is even harder. She was the girl who was never upset and she always had a smile on her face! She was a joy to have in class! She will be greatly missed by myself and the class of 2006. She was such an awesome person and would have been very successful, its just so sad that something that horrible could happen to such a great person!
Amber

Downers Grove, IL

#3 May 24, 2006
She was my best friend and I will miss her dearly. I can't believe she's gone. It's so unreal. I can't think about her without crying. I know she would have been great, she had sooo much to look forward to. So many things she had planed. She was going to call me today right after she graduated. I just talked to her yesterday. It chills me to think I talked to her just a few hours before her death. Even still it dosn't seem like shes gone. I will miss her dearly.
Amanda

Charleston, IL

#4 Apr 27, 2007
This just needed to be stated...I am at college doing the best I can and all i can do is think of her and how i wish it could be her in my spot. She deserved this and more! Just wanted to let her know that I think of her...I wasn't her best friend/friend, but the way she impacted my life means a lot! And I just would love to thank her for making me the person who I am today! Marielle I am living my college life for you...might not be the way your planned, but you make me strive to be the best! Sorry if I ever treated you bad or downed you in any way! I do miss you and I promise to attend most of my classes lol!! I will succeed because of you. You've made me a better person...you deserved it more then anyone else hands down!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ijp school (Jun '13) Sun Joe 3
Hip school Jan 20 Mark 1
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) Jan 20 KramersDad 283
Trump supporters in Peotone inbreds Jan 19 Trump_Sucks 1
Bloom Township Democratic Party civil war Jan 19 El gordo 17
Do NOT move into a mobile home park!!!!!! (Jul '13) Jan 17 UnsureWhat2Say 12
Do you remember when? (Sep '08) Jan 17 TNguy 38

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance