Its 2011

Chicago, IL

#418 Mar 31, 2011
Change wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be kidding...where do you think we live? Wonderland?..leave the teacher alone..and praise her for being a working mom!..get with the 21st Century!...maybe the man should be fired for getting her pregnant..what an idiot!
Sometimes a women wants a baby and not a man. So she goes buys sperm. That could be it. Or she could be living with this man and they just dont like the idea of marriage. Some people like there relationships with out the labels and stay together for 50 years. Or maybe she is gay and her and her partner are having a child.

So sorry this is public school, not private catholic school, send your children to St. L if thats how you feel.

And just so you dont start on me I am a married woman ( yes to a man) who got married and then had 2 children, but I have an open mind and dont think her being prego and not married should be your concern.

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#419 Mar 31, 2011
Friends Of Music Concert - TONIGHT (3/31) at Columbia Central.

Fundraiser for Friends Of Music.$3.00 per person and $4.00 to purchase a DVD.

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grade bands and choirs performing.(I think I have that right, if not, I apologize)

Good cause - raises money to support the musical arts in 194.

Doors open around 6:40 - concert starts at 7:00.

Steger, IL

#420 Mar 31, 2011
Friends Of Music Concert - tonight (3/31)- Doors around 6:40 - Concert 7:00 - Columbia Central

Good cause - raises money to support the musical arts in District 194.

$3.00 per person and $4.00 for a DVD.

5th, 6th, 7th, 8th grade bands and choirs.(I think that's correct, my apologies if wrong)

Steger, IL

#421 Mar 31, 2011
sorry for the double post - my first one didn't show up and I wasn't sure if I had entered the number-thing right.
Sv mom

United States

#422 Apr 1, 2011
I also would like to say that all of saukview crossing guards are wonderful and very friendly always smiling and waves to me when I drop off my kids. I think they are all employees though. Maybe that is what parkview should do. Sorry to hear your having trouble parkview parents. I say keep calling and complaining.
Lifer looking to leave

United States

#423 Apr 4, 2011
Back in the day they were technically employees of the school. They actually wore a uniform with a badge on it. I went to Parkview and I remember the one that was there until he died...I think his name was John and I know he lived right down the street from St. Liborius. The one after him was Stan who was my neighbor. I think he ended up getting let go because he was to tough on the kids. He was a nice guy but didn't take any crap.
mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#424 Apr 4, 2011
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
Back in the day they were technically employees of the school. They actually wore a uniform with a badge on it. I went to Parkview and I remember the one that was there until he died...I think his name was John and I know he lived right down the street from St. Liborius. The one after him was Stan who was my neighbor. I think he ended up getting let go because he was to tough on the kids. He was a nice guy but didn't take any crap.
Maybe Parkview should hire back Stan, because he was (tough) on the kids I think thats what they need. Even though the kids are the way they are because the parents dont teach them to respect others and themselves!!!!
Lifer looking to leave

United States

#425 Apr 4, 2011
Unofrtunately they can't. He died about 15 years ago or so. Had a massive heart attack while he was going through the viaduct headed into Crete. He was dead before the car came to a stop.

It's all really a cycle. Someone either needs to intervene with the kids or they just have to decide to be different when they grow up.
Neighborhood Watch

Chicago, IL

#427 Apr 4, 2011
Steger Neighborhood watch is pleased to announce we are starting "Graffiti Erasers". We will be providing a service to our residents whom have been vandalized with graffiti. This will be completely paid for by donations and done by volunteers. More information to come soon.
vandals

Chicago Heights, IL

#428 Apr 14, 2011
Neighborhood Watch wrote:
Steger Neighborhood watch is pleased to announce we are starting "Graffiti Erasers". We will be providing a service to our residents whom have been vandalized with graffiti. This will be completely paid for by donations and done by volunteers. More information to come soon.
Im sure the residents whom are vandalized will appreciate the help, however the vandals will just continue to TAG that house again! Its a continous cycle that will never stop!!!!
sv crossing guard

Lansing, IL

#429 Apr 14, 2011
Sv mom wrote:
I also would like to say that all of saukview crossing guards are wonderful and very friendly always smiling and waves to me when I drop off my kids. I think they are all employees though. Maybe that is what parkview should do. Sorry to hear your having trouble parkview parents. I say keep calling and complaining.
I just want to say thank you- sometimes I feel that we are not appreciated- and we are truly out there for the safety of all the kids! Thanks again
Typist

Homewood, IL

#430 May 5, 2011
So... does anyone know what the deal is with dropping off kids at Columbia now? My daughter told me this morning that 7th and 8th graders now have to go in *west* entrance, not east entrance. Are we now allowed to drive on that back driveway? Any clue why they are depending on our kids to relay this information to us, rather than sending out a note/email/smoke signal?
cc mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#431 May 5, 2011
Typist wrote:
So... does anyone know what the deal is with dropping off kids at Columbia now? My daughter told me this morning that 7th and 8th graders now have to go in *west* entrance, not east entrance. Are we now allowed to drive on that back driveway? Any clue why they are depending on our kids to relay this information to us, rather than sending out a note/email/smoke signal?
I was wondering the same thing, my son told me this morning on the wasy to school. He said he heard there was a fight in the stair well. I think it may have been a 8th grader, but Im not sure? I feel the school should have sent a note home to let the parents know why and what happened! I was going to call this morning and ask about it, but It slipped my mind until just now.
Smiles

Romeoville, IL

#433 May 5, 2011
If the school is changing the routine for dropping off our kids then yes, they should have sent a note home.

And while the fight may not have involved our kids we deserve to know what is happening in the school where our kids spend their days.
Typist

Homewood, IL

#435 May 5, 2011
I guess I don't really care why they made the change (I assume there are fights in school - it's jr. high), but I do question the wisdom of administration expecting my teen to give me reliable info. I'd also really like to know if we're allowed to drive on that back driveway now - guess I will until I'm told not to, LOL.

I did ask my daughter why the change - she said it was more convenient for staff because now they don't have the kids waiting in the gym before school. Ummm... okaay. Not sure how having 2 groups of kids waiting to get into the building, on opposite sides of the building, is more convenient, but... whatever.

I'm just not really thrilled w/ the communication to parents from Columbia this year.
Typist

Homewood, IL

#436 May 6, 2011
Update - I called Central this morning to get clarification. We cannot drive on that back driveway. Drop kids off at east entrance and then 7th and 8th graders have to schlep around the building to west entrance (I'm sure my girl is regretting not choosing a flute to play in band at this point). Because "weather is nice now" (?!?) this change has been made. I left msg for Mr. Smith suggesting that it might not be a bad idea to inform parents of changes, preferably *before* they go into effect. I should've also asked him what happens if it's raining.

Central staff certainly can do as they wish procedurally, but I gotta tell you, without having the slightest clue of *why* they did this, it strikes me as a little bit more than ridiculous. The kids have been going in the east entrance since the bldg opened. I sure hope they've got good supervision on the west side while the kids are waiting.
cc mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#437 May 15, 2011
Typist wrote:
Update - I called Central this morning to get clarification. We cannot drive on that back driveway. Drop kids off at east entrance and then 7th and 8th graders have to schlep around the building to west entrance (I'm sure my girl is regretting not choosing a flute to play in band at this point). Because "weather is nice now" (?!?) this change has been made. I left msg for Mr. Smith suggesting that it might not be a bad idea to inform parents of changes, preferably *before* they go into effect. I should've also asked him what happens if it's raining.
Central staff certainly can do as they wish procedurally, but I gotta tell you, without having the slightest clue of *why* they did this, it strikes me as a little bit more than ridiculous. The kids have been going in the east entrance since the bldg opened. I sure hope they've got good supervision on the west side while the kids are waiting.
I bring my son to school at 7:45 am every day, and hes in 8th grade. I drive on the back road everyday along with several other cars. Ive never had a issue with anyone saying that I couldnt, probabaly because I go after the buses have left the school. I know you cant drive on the back road when picking the kids up because the buses are there.
parkview mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#438 May 15, 2011
I loved the play that they had at Columbia on May 11th! All the students did a good job, also Mrs.Goetz worked wonders with the kids. She is very patient and speaks softly and kindly to the kids even when their not paying attention.
concerned mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#439 May 24, 2011
Its the end of the year! I sure hope the crossing guard in front of parkview, is let go after this year. She does a terrible job!! I hope next year is better!!!!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#440 May 27, 2011
mom wrote:
<quoted text>I know for a fact that several parents have called the school and complained about her!!! I think because atleast 2 of her kids currently go there they are not taking the complaints seriously!!!
you don't call the school, the crossing guards are from the police department.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tinley Park Ambulance Service 6 hr Yup_that_happened 2
Jeffrey Hon. 20 hr Cherie 2
Jeff Hon. Dept head. 20 hr Cherie 2
Jeffrey Hon. dept head. 20 hr Cherie 2
Olympia Fields Today (Jun '13) Sun Dave Antonetti 14
Sauk Village 1962 unsolved Murder (Jan '09) Sat jhorton 19
News AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) May 23 RICO 7,567
More from around the web

Steger People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]