Steger School District 194
concerned mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#323 Nov 4, 2010
Your kidding right wrote:
<quoted text>
The Columbia Central one was a white SUV, and the Barbara Ln one as a silver 4 door. Now the white SUV one was 2 guys: 1 white, 1 Blk. The Barbara Lane one was Blk guy. Now the Sandy Ridge Drive was a Hispanic man.
I am curious what do you mean by it seems a little weird. That can be taken several ways. Just wondering. You dont want anyone to mis-take what you say, cause as we all know that happens on here all the time.
Maybe all the perverts in the area are all friends, possibly room mates and they share a vehicle and take turns driving around trying to abduct kids!!! There are alot of sickos in the world now days, not like when my kids were younger.

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

#324 Nov 4, 2010
NORMALLY I defend District 194 and their policies. But today, my daughter was told she had to cover up her "Beatles - Let It Be" shirt (pictures of 4 Beatles singing)- because it is RACIST?

Racing? The Beatles? They were anything but racist.

Does this apply to all bands then?

Yes, I will be at the next Board meeting about this one. Shame I have to wait nearly a month until the next Board meeting.

Ridiculous. Beatles - racist?

I hope that means NO OTHER BANDS can be displayed either. The ruling better be applied equally to any and all bands.

Steger, IL

#325 Nov 4, 2010
stupid spell check - that sentence should read

"Racist? The Beatles...."

somehow it fixed a typo to "racing" instead of "racist"
working mom

United States

#326 Nov 5, 2010
Racist? Seriously....which of the schools was this at? Who told her that and what was the ethnicity of the adult who told her to cover it up? I mean seriously...this has got to stop!
really

Country Club Hills, IL

#327 Nov 5, 2010
route66fan wrote:
NORMALLY I defend District 194 and their policies. But today, my daughter was told she had to cover up her "Beatles - Let It Be" shirt (pictures of 4 Beatles singing)- because it is RACIST?
Racing? The Beatles? They were anything but racist.
Does this apply to all bands then?
Yes, I will be at the next Board meeting about this one. Shame I have to wait nearly a month until the next Board meeting.
Ridiculous. Beatles - racist?
I hope that means NO OTHER BANDS can be displayed either. The ruling better be applied equally to any and all bands.
Do you know how many times I have been in the parking lot and seen kids wearing inappropriate clothing? The girls barely cover their rears! I have been shocked at some of them.
I think the school has bigger fish to fry than banning the Beatles.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#328 Nov 5, 2010
Was a letter sent home from Eastview about a child with a contagious disease? I'm asking for any info on this. May just be a rumor.
Eastview mom

Highland, IN

#329 Nov 5, 2010
papaadoc wrote:
Was a letter sent home from Eastview about a child with a contagious disease? I'm asking for any info on this. May just be a rumor.
There was a note regarding a student with a case of Aseptic Meningitis. It listed the symptoms: fever, headache, lack of appetite, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting and stiff neck. The letter stated that they go away after a few days to a week and leave no permanent damage. Then it gave the general rules of hand washing and not sharing cups.

I've also heard that this was going around St. Liborious as well.
Steger Neighborhood Watch

Chicago, IL

#330 Nov 5, 2010
We have confirmed with the Steger Police Department that the child involved in the Sandy Ridge incident had made a false statement.

Steger Neighborhood Watch
Sandy Ridge Parent

Markham, IL

#331 Nov 5, 2010
The child did make a false statement. I am very sorry for all those who worried. As foe negative attacks on my child, lets remeber he is a child. And yes his actions are being taken seriously and are being delt with. I will make no excuses for his actions but leave the comments and punishment to his parents. Thank you...
resident

Chicago, IL

#332 Nov 5, 2010
Walk him up and down the streets on that side of Steger and have him go knock on every door and apologize to every resident for them worrying, especially the Hispanic residents.
Sandy Ridge Parent

Schaumburg, IL

#333 Nov 5, 2010
Again, he is being delt with. Thanks for your opinoin.....

Steger, IL

#334 Nov 5, 2010
To 'really' and 'working mom'.

Yes, I have to agree I've seen other attire that needs to be dealt with before they worry about banning the Beatles Let It Be logo (4 men with long hair singing). Which is why I have a call into the Jr. High Office, asking to explain to me exactly what was 'racist' about that shirt. I'm not trying to cause trouble, I just need to understand so 1) I know what she can't wear and 2) so I can answer her question "why are the Beatles racist?" - because honestly, I don't know why.

Poor John Lennon, all those demonstrations and rallies for the equality of all races, sexes, and religions, and now 40 years later, his shirt is banned. Talk about irony.

Oh, it was at the Jr. High.
Stoner Ed

Chicago, IL

#335 Nov 5, 2010
Because they looked stoned in the picture maybe? And they don't want kids seeing that maybe? No clue.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

#336 Nov 5, 2010
Sandy Ridge Parent wrote:
The child did make a false statement. I am very sorry for all those who worried. As foe negative attacks on my child, lets remeber he is a child. And yes his actions are being taken seriously and are being delt with. I will make no excuses for his actions but leave the comments and punishment to his parents. Thank you...
I agree with the parent. The child is 6. How many kids never told a lie when they thought they were in trouble with their parents, probably all of us. This one just happened to effect more than the family. She said the family is dealing with it, please let them. Just be glad it was false.
mom

Chicago Heights, IL

#340 Nov 11, 2010
This site is to respond to school problems, not to call each other names!(GROW UP)!!!!!!!
I Vote

Naperville, IL

#341 Nov 11, 2010
resident wrote:
Walk him up and down the streets on that side of Steger and have him go knock on every door and apologize to every resident for them worrying, especially the Hispanic residents.
He is a child, leave him alone! His family is dealing with the issue. I know the child and he is friends with kids of every color. My goodness.
steger resident

Chicago, IL

#342 Nov 11, 2010
When it becomes my husband being a Hispanic and looked at by neighbors and having to worry about police messing with him then I do got something to say about the matter. Child must hear things from parents that might be bad towards Hispanics for the child to be making that up about them. It's over and just move on and educate are kids better I guess.
slob on my knob

Chicago, IL

#343 Nov 11, 2010
Slob on my knob.
mom wrote:
This site is to respond to school problems, not to call each other names!(GROW UP)!!!!!!!
lol

Country Club Hills, IL

#344 Nov 12, 2010
mom wrote:
Is this Robby's mommy? LMAO
young gunz

Chicago, IL

#345 Nov 12, 2010
Lol is laughing his or hers ass off at yo momma!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steger Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Public Moving and Storage 8 hr elizabeth rogers 358
Calumet City in the 60's & 70's (Feb '10) 13 hr Angel 98
Who will be next Monee Mayor in 17? (Oct '15) Wed Eddie 28
Odyssey club model townhouses? Wed agree 3
ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE FORMER AMANDA TEMEN aka A... Tue Anonymous 1
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) Tue gailspangler 269
Who are you electing for Hazel Crest Mayor? Mar 20 Lbh 32

Steger Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance