Bitter-Sweet

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

I had a dog once -- lost him - pure bred English Sheep Dog. I was real upset. Lost him in a large camp ground. After I gave up looking - found him eating a fellow campers bacon at the pic nic table. You might want to check who is cooking outside today --- the dog might be hanging around.
shorty

Markham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Judged:

Bitter-Sweet wrote:
I had a dog once -- lost him - pure bred English Sheep Dog. I was real upset. Lost him in a large camp ground. After I gave up looking - found him eating a fellow campers bacon at the pic nic table. You might want to check who is cooking outside today --- the dog might be hanging around.
i bet you rode the short bus to school didnt you ??
papaadoc

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Kenneth E Mesnard
July 16, 1921 - September 22, 2012

Kenneth Mesnard long time resident of Steger born July 16, 1921 in Altamont IL Ken passed peacefully at his home in Steger, September 22 2012 at the age of 91 with his daughters by his side Ken shared his time with his family and many friends including 16 grandchildren, 8 great grandchildren, nieces and nephews. He will be truly missed and never forgotten by all those who had the pleasure of knowing him. Daughters Jan Leigh Hannah ( Steve) and Michelle Keichline (Michael) Reside in California Barbara Doerner resides in Alaska, sister Betty Stein of Altamont.

Visitation with the family to be Wednesday 5-7 pm at Steger Memorial Chapel 3045 Chicago Rd. Steger, Il. Memorial Service will be held in California
Beandippy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

a concerned resident wrote:
<quoted text>
By Columbia nd house have been broken into on loomis Ashland halsted green emerald dorsetshire Durham nd a few others
If you dont mind my asking, when did these occur? Our house in uninc. Crete was burglarized recently, and not having much luck in finding out what happened. Just wondering if there might be any similarities in what was seen or how it happened or events leading up to the other break-ins. Thanks, and sorry.
Star Kaminski

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Please go to http://wecanwin.sd194.org/ and fill out the form to help district194 win the US CELLULAR $150,000 contest. We are serious contenders for this prize but we need your help. Please encourage others to vote as well. Think of the possibilities for our students with that prize!! Thank you!

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Which school is it for as it can't be for a district?
Star Kaminski

Country Club Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Lifer looking to leave wrote:
The money will be split between the four schools.
CEbert

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

They have to name a specific school, with that said all 3 elementary schools end up at Columbia so it was decided to name Columbia. When we win the money will go to the district and split where needed at the schools.
Lifer looking to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Thanks for the info ladies. Good luck.
Steger Mom

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Question-
Does anyone know if Steger has an Animal Control person and would that type of person be able to help with a mean skunk???? I have a 10 lb little dog who has been sprayed 4 times in the last few weeks and its getting crazy. This skunk seems to wander around just outside my fence and wait for her to come out and then the skunk attacks the fence and sprays. I have tried every wives tale out there to make the skunk leave but it isn't working. Help a mom out guys, I have washed this poor little dog over 100 times in the last few weeks and even now, there is a lingering reminder in the house lol.
in the hall

Markham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Steger Mom wrote:
Question-
Does anyone know if Steger has an Animal Control person and would that type of person be able to help with a mean skunk???? I have a 10 lb little dog who has been sprayed 4 times in the last few weeks and its getting crazy. This skunk seems to wander around just outside my fence and wait for her to come out and then the skunk attacks the fence and sprays. I have tried every wives tale out there to make the skunk leave but it isn't working. Help a mom out guys, I have washed this poor little dog over 100 times in the last few weeks and even now, there is a lingering reminder in the house lol.
check with village hall and the police dept it may be one of their relatives and have them ask the mr/mrs skunk to stay out of your yard!!
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

I don't believe Steger does. You might need to call the county. I know there's a pest removal guy that runs his business out of his house on Norfolk right near Western Ave. My neighbor used him to get rid of several large racoons. Maybe give him a call too.
Lifer looking to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Sorry about the stupid name change there. It was an accident.
ActiveResident

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Most of the time, animal control officers deal with problems with domestic animals (like dogs running loose). They normally aren't "trappers" or deal with wild animals.
Bitter-Sweet

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

In regards to the Neighborhood Watch Program.....Do the residents of Steger get to know who the Neighbrhood Watch person is for their block/or area? I would think knowing this would be helpful in case of an emergency.
Lifer looking to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

In case of an emergency you call 911. A neighborhood watch can't help you in an emergency as they are just regular citizens like you.

I'm not putting down the NHW program as I think it does help but as far as an emergency you need to call 911.
proof

Markham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Sorry about the stupid name change there. It was an accident.
PROOF MANY PEOPLE POST UNDER MANY NAMES--LIKE THE BLUE DOC--AND THE FOX
Lifer looking to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Yes I do sometimes post under a different name while at work while on a different thread. However My location always comes up as La Crosse, Wi. When I am at home I am logged in. If I was trying to be slick I wouldn't have posted that my name had changed. You're points are only relative if people let them be.
Lifer looking to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

proof wrote:
<quoted text>PROOF MANY PEOPLE POST UNDER MANY NAMES--LIKE THE BLUE DOC--AND THE FOX
Yes YOU are proof of it exactly.
proof

Markham, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes YOU are proof of it exactly.
if you are looking to leave --why not DO SO?????????? if the shoe fits wear it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 9,541 - 9,560 of10,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steger Discussions

Search the Steger Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 34 min Stimied 3,776
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 39 min Chicagobunny 47,035
What a Crock - St Damian School! (Nov '09) 8 hr fall guy 66
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 11 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
2015 Chicago Heights Elections 15 hr The Joneses 27
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Wed Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Wed Be kuel 638
•••
•••
•••
•••

Steger Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Steger People Search