Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Well I think I confirmed today that people are using Richton Rd just east of Steger Rd as a drug dealing location. I drive up and down that section of road daily and at various times of the day I will see cars parked on the north\east side of the road facing towards Steger Rd. Twice now I have seen another car either drive up and make a quick hand to hand swap or both cars already there and them swapping as I am pulling up behind them. The vehicle facing south today had 2 black occupants in it and as the guy drove off he cash in his hand, which I saw the older white guy give him. Both times I have seen the handoff it has been black males in the southbound vehicle and middle aged to older white people in the northbound car. Am I 100% it's drugs going on? No but I'd be willing to bet my life on it that's how certain I am. Where they park if you are coming up from behind them (coming from Kings Rd direction) you can't really see them until you are right up on them....which is what first caught my attention as it is dangerous for someone to just sit on the road or edge of it there. You can see them from a little farther away if you come in off of Steger Rd...which is usually where I spot them from. The location has woods on both sides of the road and is right in between houses. They are basically in fromt of a nice gated house that has a pong in front of it I believe.
huh

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Lifer lookiing to leave wrote:
Well I think I confirmed today that people are using Richton Rd just east of Steger Rd as a drug dealing location. I drive up and down that section of road daily and at various times of the day I will see cars parked on the north\east side of the road facing towards Steger Rd. Twice now I have seen another car either drive up and make a quick hand to hand swap or both cars already there and them swapping as I am pulling up behind them. The vehicle facing south today had 2 black occupants in it and as the guy drove off he cash in his hand, which I saw the older white guy give him. Both times I have seen the handoff it has been black males in the southbound vehicle and middle aged to older white people in the northbound car. Am I 100% it's drugs going on? No but I'd be willing to bet my life on it that's how certain I am. Where they park if you are coming up from behind them (coming from Kings Rd direction) you can't really see them until you are right up on them....which is what first caught my attention as it is dangerous for someone to just sit on the road or edge of it there. You can see them from a little farther away if you come in off of Steger Rd...which is usually where I spot them from. The location has woods on both sides of the road and is right in between houses. They are basically in fromt of a nice gated house that has a pong in front of it I believe.
so does this mean they have stopped dealing on Chicago Rd right outside that barber shop near the VFW? at least they moved it out of the center of town.
huh

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

papaadoc wrote:
Minutes of the May 7th Steger board meeting.
Click the link below.
http://www.villageofsteger.com/village_hall/d...
I see by the minutes that Mr. Thurmond is campaigning again. still too early to campaign
jeez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

just heard that someone has purchased what previously was jolt n joes and is planning on opening a fine dining establishment....anyone have any info????
Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
so does this mean they have stopped dealing on Chicago Rd right outside that barber shop near the VFW? at least they moved it out of the center of town.
I would probably think that this is a different group of people that are coming in from out of town. My guess would be U.P. That way they could just drive out on Richton and then take Kings back south. Just a guess. I know Kings Rd gets quite a bit of traffic with people going to and from U.P.
Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

jeez wrote:
just heard that someone has purchased what previously was jolt n joes and is planning on opening a fine dining establishment....anyone have any info????
That's actually been on here several times in the Village meeting minutes. I forget the new name of it but I think last time it was on here it they were being inspected for a license or something.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Could you clarify the location. Richton and Steger rds both run east and west. Thanks
jeez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

<quoted text>
That's actually been on here several times in the Village meeting minutes. I forget the new name of it but I think last time it was on here it they were being inspected for a license or something.
Must have missed it. I usually read all of the village meeting minutes. I did see licenses and temporary licenses being issued for j4 eatery (next to jacks) and a signature sports bar and grill.
Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

papaadoc wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you clarify the location. Richton and Steger rds both run east and west. Thanks
This is the section just south of Steger Rd that runs NW\SE. It's roughly 1\4 mile south of Steger Rd maybe. The spot where there were is just south of the 2nd driveway on the NE side of the road. When you turn in off of Steger Rd you have several houses that have wide open yards, then you come up to a section with heavy trees on both sides. Right where it turns from an open to closed area is where they are. If you turn in from Steger Rd you will see a house on the left that has a fake deer in the front yard, then a house that had a gated driveway. It's right after that driveway where they meet.
Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

jeez wrote:
<quoted text>
Must have missed it. I usually read all of the village meeting minutes. I did see licenses and temporary licenses being issued for j4 eatery (next to jacks) and a signature sports bar and grill.
Isn't it the Signature Sports bar and Grill that's going into the old Joltn Joes building? That name sounds familiar.

Since: Apr 08

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

<quoted text>Isn't it the Signature Sports bar and Grill that's going into the old Joltn Joes building? That name sounds familiar.
But the 5/21 agenda said:
Signature Sports Bar & Grill Temporary Business License and the Extension has expired.
confirmed

Crown Point, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this ever comfirmed or are just assuming that the black men that smoke ciaarettes and shooting the shit outside are selling drugs? Just curious. I would be more concerned with the trash that visits shooters than these people hanging at the barber shop.....And I can see how you might get them confused with the 'new dealers' on kings considering all black people look a like and are drug dealers.
Lifer lookiing to leave

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

Might I just reiterate that the instances I have seen on Kings Rd the people are both black and white. Crime doesn't discriminate.
Check 1st

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Judged:

confirmed wrote:
<quoted text>
Was this ever comfirmed or are just assuming that the black men that smoke ciaarettes and shooting the shit outside are selling drugs? Just curious. I would be more concerned with the trash that visits shooters than these people hanging at the barber shop.....And I can see how you might get them confused with the 'new dealers' on kings considering all black people look a like and are drug dealers.
Before you start claiming racisum, take a drive a couple of times and see for yourself. Oh and whats the problem with The Glass Tap (not Shooters, new owners) Do you have a problem with tattooed white people.

Not nice when someone does it to you huh.

I happen to like the Glass Tap, I go there maybe once every other month. People are nice, I can play free poll. What should I go to one of the other old timer bars in town, oh wait or spend my money in another town, give them the taxes.
Jen G

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

<quoted text>This is the section just south of Steger Rd that runs NW\SE. It's roughly 1\4 mile south of Steger Rd maybe. The spot where there were is just south of the 2nd driveway on the NE side of the road. When you turn in off of Steger Rd you have several houses that have wide open yards, then you come up to a section with heavy trees on both sides. Right where it turns from an open to closed area is where they are. If you turn in from Steger Rd you will see a house on the left that has a fake deer in the front yard, then a house that had a gated driveway. It's right after that driveway where they meet.
Two suspicious cars to look out for - white older model Buick Regal with Temporary IL License plate and a green KIA older model SUV with a dent in the front passenger door. These are cars that frequent the neighbors I have difficulty with dealing/using drugs. I am South of Richton Road not too far from the area specified. I call the police. Will you?
Neighborhood Watch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

So this has been reported to the Steger Police ( just for there information) and reported to the Will County Police, because that is actually unincorporated Steger Estates.

But I do want to make it clear that it is good information for us residents here in Steger to know. Thanks.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

I was actually going to call Will County but if you already notified them then I guess I don't need to.
Jen - Are you in Steger Estates or in Steger? Sounds like the Estates. I have no problem calling the police if I see suspicious activity....I just need to know where to look. I drive down Richton Rd several times a day and am very familiar with that area.
Resident

Homewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Anybody know what happened on Sandy Ridge this afternoon, lots of police activity making an arrest?

Since: Jan 08

Steger, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

Resident wrote:
Anybody know what happened on Sandy Ridge this afternoon, lots of police activity making an arrest?
Yes. A "junk man" - the people who pick up scrap metal, washers, dryers, etc on garbage day was pulled over by police. He was taken to the station and his vehicle towed. I do not know any specifics though.
papaadoc

Chicago Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

<quoted text>This is the section just south of Steger Rd that runs NW\SE. It's roughly 1\4 mile south of Steger Rd maybe. The spot where there were is just south of the 2nd driveway on the NE side of the road. When you turn in off of Steger Rd you have several houses that have wide open yards, then you come up to a section with heavy trees on both sides. Right where it turns from an open to closed area is where they are. If you turn in from Steger Rd you will see a house on the left that has a fake deer in the front yard, then a house that had a gated driveway. It's right after that driveway where they meet.
Thanks. I forgot that Richton runs into Steger rd to the west.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,801 - 8,820 of10,225
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Steger Forum right now

Search the Steger Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min Registered Earth Angel 46,982
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,775
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) 4 hr Be kuel 638
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 13 hr Tired 6,527
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 13 hr Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 13 hr Rediculous 253
•••
•••
•••
Steger Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Steger Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Steger People Search